What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Puerto Rico Day 2: Other Games

CVilleBuff

Pretty good game taking place between Purdue and Temple right now. Boilermakers up 59-54 with 7:45 remaining.

This is a very good game. Purdue was able to get the scoring up more where they want it. But unless you shoot well from the outside against Temple, you're toast. Purdue must knock down shots the last 3 minutes or the Owls will take this one.

Purdue wins 85-77. Nice win for them to have in their pocket come March. This tournament is brutal -- Temple or Wichita/Alabama will be leaving Puerto Rico 1-2 tomorrow after a promising start.

Good news is that if we do screw up and lose to Maryland, I can't see us losing to Western Michigan.

Iona wins 94-88.

Feel a little better about facing Iona after watching some of this second half. They've been very sloppy, however they're still a good team that can kill you in transition. They're beatable, but it will take a solid performance on our part. They've scored 94 and 90 now in their two games, but letting Western Michigan score 88 also says something..

Last edited:
I like us against a team that wants to get up and down the court. We'll run with them, but we'll also play defense. Got to get through Maryland, but I like our chances.

I dont understand why they put us Alabama and WSU on the same side of the bracket.....

Day 3

Iona beat Maryland 89-63 this afternoon. Keep the Gaels in mind, you'll likely be seeing them causing trouble in March. Unfortunately for us, I'd be shocked if Maryland finished higher than 10th in the ACC

Wichita State/Temple tipping off, should be a good game

Purdue/Alabama tonight

Should check out ESPN2, Wichita State and Temple heading into OT at 64-64. It might be November, but the Shockers are going to need to get this one for their aspirations of March Madness.

Edit: Owls are going to pull out the W. Tough loss for Wichita State, Puerto Rico was their big shot of the season to get a few quality wins. Hopefully we can make their win over us look good, but Wichita St might need to win their conference at this point after going 1-2 here. Not many games against quality OOC competition left...UNLV and Utah State (if they're even any good this year) are about all they have remaining..

Last edited:
Wichita State and Maryland losing didn't help our RPI for down the road. We'll get a small bump if Alabama wins (opponents' opponents' records are a small part of the calculation).

Wichita State and Maryland losing didn't help our RPI for down the road. We'll get a small bump if Alabama wins (opponents' opponents' records are a small part of the calculation).

it is actually 25% of the RPI calculation, but Alabama alone is very insignificant.

Alabama wrapping up the title with a nice win over Purdue. They've cemented their place in the top 15. Purdue and Temple will be in the Big Dance as well. Wichita State? Not so sure..

Tournament final standings:

1. Alabama (3-0)
2. Purdue (2-1)
3. Temple (2-1)
4. Wichita State (1-2)
5. Iona (2-1)
6. Maryland (1-2)
7. Colorado (1-2)
8. Western Michigan (0-3)

Alabama wrapping up the title with a nice win over Purdue. They've cemented their place in the top 15. Purdue and Temple will be in the Big Dance as well. Wichita State? Not so sure..

Tournament final standings:

1. Alabama (3-0)
2. Purdue (2-1)
3. Temple (2-1)
4. Wichita State (1-2)
5. Iona (2-1)
6. Maryland (1-2)
7. Colorado (1-2)
8. Western Michigan (0-3)

Wichita State ends up dancing. That's not a 1-bid conference they're in, imo, and the Shockers will either win it or finish 2nd to Creighton.

Wichita State ends up dancing. That's not a 1-bid conference they're in, imo, and the Shockers will either win it or finish 2nd to Creighton.

Forgot to mention Iona, they'll be dancing too and I think they could could make it to the weekend if they get the right matchups

Back