1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pull The Offer?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PBRadio, Dec 4, 2012.

1. PBRadio

PBRadio Member

With the clock still ticking, it's not likely Butch Jones comes back to the Boulder dealership and buys the car.
    Assuming DeRuyter of Fresno is interested, do you try to save face and withdraw the offer from Butch Jones?

That way CU can save face of not being rejected, and they can play the line that they want someone who thinks #CU is a no-brainer?

Thoughts?

2. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

3. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

I'm sure in three seasons, Jones will be holding us hostage as he entertains an offer from another school.

I second what D3H says.

4. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

No, but you keep dialogue with other potential hires.

5. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

You don't need to pull the offer. Just give a firm deadline and tell him if you don't hear by tomorrow at noon then you are moving on.

6. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Sort of depends on if you believe Neill Woelk's tweet...

7. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

If he hasn't made a decision tomorrow morning I'd at least be calling up the next candidates on the list.

8. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Will not be pulled but if it is not done by tomorrow evening, it will come out we are moving on

9. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

This'll be over tomorrow, one way or another. Don't panic.

10. bigbang2

bigbang2 Typical, brain knowledge or the ability to have a

Poorly handled, there was no rush, they put all their eggs in one basket. Bohnhead and co should be calling other candidates now, expanding the search. Can't believe our AD don't even know how to make a deal, poor.

11. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Why do so many ABers assume we are not actively discussing the opportunity w/ others? I don't know Bohn but I guarantee he is not all eggs in 1 basket sitting on his hands and waiting.

He has others lined up and I bet if BJ falls through another offer will be made within 24 hours. Bohn has been trying to keep this search close to the vest, so we don't know who else he is talking w/ although there are rumours of course.

12. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Why do so many ABers assume we are not actively discussing the opportunity w/ others? I don't know Bohn but I guarantee he is not all eggs in 1 basket sitting on his hands and waiting.

He has others lined up and I bet if BJ falls through another offer will be made within 24 hours. Bohn has been trying to keep this search close to the vest, so we don't know who else he is talking w/ although there are rumours of course.

13. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

only some of them have this kind of misconception.

14. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

If we made an offer, you don't pull it. Have some patience he hasn't accepted any other offers yet. If he is the guy we want we keep going after him. Maybe there is some conditions we have that he needs to get back to us on? who knows. chill out.

15. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

CU will give him at least give him until EOD today whether or not to accept their offer. I expect the decision to come out today anyway, probably sometime this morning.

16. gobuffs58

gobuffs58 Well-Known Member

im sure mike bohn has a "plan b"... everyone calm down... the chips will start landing shortly

17. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

as all this draggs on then Yes - I would definitely give an ultimatum with a deadline

18. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

I would give him until sometime this afternoon and then announce that you are moving on. You take back the lead and save a little face.

19. branjohb

branjohb Member

I am sure the offer was given with an expiration date and time, otherwise Bohnhead is a bigger bonehead than any of us imagined.

By now, Bohn better be hot and heavy after candidate number 2. The more time that expires, the less likely Jones is heading to the Rockies. Jones 'slight' of CU just goes to show us how far this school and fooball program have fallen in the eyes of others. Ten years ago, coaching football at CU was a plum job, not any more.

CU better move quickly on this game of coach musical chairs, otherwise, they will end up with a rickety chair (Embree II).

20. BuffUp

Like I said in another thread - let him coach in his Bowl game, he deserves that + tell all the recruits to tune in and watch...then as soon as the bowl game is over, get his butt in plane to Boulder

21. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

What was Neil's tweet?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

22. pwbuffan

pwbuffan Member

Why? Just leave the offer and keep looking and if you find a coach and can work out the deal then pull it. The offer doesn't stop Bohn from seeking someone else but leaves it open if you do not.

23. BuffUp

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, kinda sad isn't it?

24. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

A**hats like "biggybebe" only want to slam Bohn, while not knowing a single thing about how this search and offer transpired..

I looked up "out-of-the-loop" in the dictionary and there was a photo of "bigbang2" be-clowning himself!

25. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Presumably he was referring to this one:

Neill Woelk ‏@NeillWoelk Word is that #CUBuffs' eggs aren't all in one basket. They have obviously ID'd top choice, but other candidates on campus last week.

26. PA Buff Fan

PA Buff Fan Member

Neill Woelk@NeillWoelk Word is that #CUBuffs' eggs aren't all in one basket. They have obviously ID'd top choice, but other candidates on campus last week.

27. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

I'm sure too. If Jones stays in Cincy, expect an announcement soon after from Bohn on our new coach. The #2 guy has had plenty of time to research and make their decision.

28. 89BUFF89

89BUFF89 Well-Known Member

Anyone know much about his agent other than he's an ex Chicago Bear?

29. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Screw that. That is not how this business works. You need to have both your feet in one program or the other. If he wants to coach the bowl game then he can stay at Cincinnati. If he wants to be at Colorado then they are on their own for the bowl game.

30. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Trace Armstrong went to Auburn, so read into that what you will...or don't read, if from Auburn.