What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

put down the sharp utensils.

Right. Because they haven't been doing that so far. right?

They have, but it's clear we need another couple strong recruiting classes to be where we want to be. I think we will land a monster DL class, and hopefully we can get some WRs/DBs. I think the class will be pretty good overall. I just would like them to over-sign so to speak. We need all the players we can get right now.

Also, we NEED Simas to be eligible next season.

Thanks for bringing some sanity to this discussion. The Buffs were underdogs the last three games, and they lived up to that expectation. Many of you guys need to chill. The Buffs are young and the OL has been decimated. No rationale person would expect anything better than 3-3.

Yes, it is frustrating to experience some of the lame play calls, pathetic QB play, and questionable use of our better players. But this is part of the drill to get us back on the map. So all of you please shut the hell up.

Why don't you shut the hell up. People are tired of this mickey mouse coaching and constant losing.I love the passion from fans here today. You want nothing but praise when they win,well you have to take what you see on the board today as well.

Your post is pure speculation, we keep hearing how it's part of the process,well so far progress is at a dead halt.

Why don't you shut the hell up. People are tired of this mickey mouse coaching and constant losing.I love the passion from fans here today. You want nothing but praise when they win,well you have to take what you see on the board today as well.

Your post is pure speculation, we keep hearing how it's part of the process,well so far progress is at a dead halt.
Passion is great...irrationality is irritating. Progress is at a dead halt? What were you expecting...victories over heavily-favored opponents?

I lived through the Mac years. We wanted to string him up. Thank God he lived through it.

My only point is (and I was kidding about shutting the hell up..sorry...) that we need to let this thing play out. I think Hawk knows what he is doing.

so far progress is at a dead halt.

:lol:

actually, we are going in reverse right at this moment.

a linear steep curve to greatness is not going to happen. we needed a few breaks along the way. we've not gotten them on the injury front. it is very frustrating and i suppose breaking down the staff after every loss is emotionally satisfying for some (attempting to control something beyond one's control), but we are where we are.

this is not a good football team. the root cause is a lack of players (mostly due to injury, suspension, and initial lack of talent when the staff got here, altho they've certainly missed on guys-- maiava for example). the one thing this staff has seemed to do well is recruit. so, i intend to wait and see if they can recruit their way out of this. the honeymoon is over, but we are still married to this coach so we might as well hope for the best.

Pretty cold up there? On the TCU-CSU radio broadcast, the announcers said that it was "frigid" in Fort Collins, and the TCU players were drinking warm chicken broth on the sideline....

It's about 50 degrees in boulder today, roughly, and raining. Not the nicest day ever.
Sounds like a great Fall day. Too bad we all have this sinking feeling about the loss today, and the state of CU football....

Sounds like a great Fall day. Too bad we all have this sinking feeling about the loss today, and the state of CU football....

It's 69-70 here in richland washington and a bright sunny day.

There is a reason the sun shines on me,i'm the board expert or a-hole according to some but nonetheless, the sun shines brightest here:lol:

It's 69-70 here in richland washington and a bright sunny day.

There is a reason the sun shines on me,i'm the board expert or a-hole according to some but nonetheless, the sun shines brightest here:lol:
I don't know about you guys, but losses like this stick with me for days...

I try to look at the bright side (ie, look at my earlier posts about shutting the hell up...), but this crap kills me.

Maybe it is living down here with all of these UT and OU fanatics. CU needs to become relevant again!!!!!

Loses used to stick with me for days. I like to discuss CU football and I am a homer, but I also didn't live through the Mac years and did my ugrad at NMSU. My expectations aren't as high as some of you guys.

I'll bitch and moan today and tomorrow but i'm so used to cu losing now,it doesn't affect me as it did when mac was here...that's scary huh:smile2:

I'll bitch and moan today and tomorrow but i'm so used to cu losing now,it doesn't affect me as it did when mac was here...that's scary huh:smile2:
It impacts me the same today as it did 15 years ago...that is much more scary.....

Up until now I have been defending DH. Hell I was even defending COdy initially in the season. Now, I wont believe DH can do it unless he proves me wrong. I dont think he is a Big XII HC.

Up until now I have been defending DH. Hell I was even defending COdy initially in the season. Now, I wont believe DH can do it unless he proves me wrong. I dont think he is a Big XII HC.

I guess I'm at that point too. This is really depressing. We're all getting used to losing. Eventually we'll probably settle for being the Big XII version of northwestern, 1-2 nice little seasons every 10 years or so with a LOT of losing in between. I know someone is about to unleash the Mac story on me about how many years it took to get untracked but sorry... it's apples and oranges. The Big 8 was nowhere near as competitive or talented (top to bottom) as the Big XII is now.

the ol played horribly. that's 3 games in a row.

ku wasn't vastly physically superior to CU, except CU lost the matchup on the ol badly.

as i mentioned before the game, our Buffs do not have the depth to withstand the losses along the ol. this season is in the tank. that doesn't mean they can't get to a bowl. i still think there are 3 wins left on the schedule, but it will take some work.

folks can rail about cody (he had a terrible game) and some of the coaching (i thought mangino outcoached hawk today), but at the end of the analysis this is a very simple problem. we don't have the bodies on the ol to be competitive against decent or better teams. ballenger has more physical ability but he looked lost out there too. the ol is not getting it done at all.

dial down your expectations for this season. what has happened to CU along the line is catastrophically bad.

still, there are some wins left. kjsu is in boulder and i think the team will rally and win that one. isu and atm and the fuskers are beatable too. mizzery may be beyond the realm of possible at this point and osu looks good.

plus, dscott is banged up. jsmith is banged up. simas is ineligible. celestine quit. we don't exactly have a ton of weapons on offense right now.

i hope for a bowl team. it is still very do-able. don't panic yet.

Live proof that Oline depth can never ever be to deep. Barnett (loved the man) truly left the fridge barren and what ib2 freakin years depth and talent was going to cover injurys? Come on now if you're that naive then my guess is you lost a boat load on dow jones.

Back