1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting the tinfoil hat on for a second

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffarino, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Was I the only one that noticed Devenney was MIA for almost the entire first half? Am I crazy to think that might have been his punishment for the "finally we will have a real QB competition" quote?

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I didn't notice he wasn't in there, to be honest. If Geer is healthy, Devenney should be splitting time at #2 with Deehan, at best. But if he didn't play at all for a long stretch at the start, it is interesting....

BTW, make sure to mention TBD's name to your new haberdasher. He might get some kind of discount for referring new customers... :smile2:

3. Buffarino

Geer and Deehan played most of the first half. I didn't see Devenney out there until the second half. Geer is obviously the #1, I agree there, but there were quite a few 2 TE sets where Deehan was out there instead of Devenney.

I was actually looking for it because I had a feeling something like that might happen.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Deehan was a 4* recruit that ended up being our #1 tight end for a good chunk of last season as a true freshman. We'll also be counting on him to be "The Man" for us in 2010. He needs to be our #2 this year if he is good enough and from what I've seen he is at least the equal of Devenney.

5. Buffarino

Deehan is also listed #3 on the depth chart. And Devenney played most of the 2nd half.

I'm not saying it did happen, but the timing is awfully coincidental if it didn't.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good point.

Another point I forgot to mention is that Hansen's got to be a lot more comfortable with Deehan. The coaches have said the QB1's opinion is a factor in PT for the receivers. That may have also had something to do with it.

7. Buffarino

At the end of the day, I don't mind Deehan playing at all. Kid is a player and will eventually be a stud, IMO. I just thought the timing was weird, especially after Devenney's comments last week.

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Deehan is a more complete player at the position, more of a multi-dimensional player than Devenney. With TH in there it seems like they mixed up the offense better, Deehan's skills let them do more of this.

Also agree with Buffnik that Deehan needs to be developed as he will be the man next year at the position.

That all said, I would not be surprised if Hawk held his comments against him.