What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Q&A with Clay Norgard's Parents

MontanaBuff

Normally, I'd let you find your own way to CU at the Game, but since it is slow right now as we wait for news on the next CU commit, I thought I would share this with you:

http://www.cuatthegame.com/2012/recruiting-qa-what-its-like-to-be-a-cu-recruit/

It's a Q&A with Erik and Lisa Norgard, parents of 2012 CU recruit Clay Norgard (no "booster" issues - Clay is already enrolled at CU, and is no longer considered a recruit).
Erik was a walk-on for Bill McCartney's Buffs, going on to become a first-team All-Big Eight center and a ten-year NFL pro. (You'll like what he has to say about Coach Mac).

The best part, though, was the interview with Erik and Lisa about Clay's recruitment. It is very insightful (Hawkins didn't recruit Clay), very informative about the recruiting process from a the prospective of a parent, and very uplifiting as to what they had to say about the current coaching staff.

Go Buffs! :gobuffs:

Thanks for the link Montana. I can't say that I often read complete works, but I did read that entire Q&A.

We didn't even try to recruit a legacy kid who was d1 caliber?

Hawk truly was a failure. At life.

We didn't even try to recruit a legacy kid who was d1 caliber?

Hawk truly was a failure. At life.

HaLk was a failure, but I doubt he recruited anyone that last year. He knew he was toast and put zero effort in.

Back