1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QB coffee talk

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by B1Buff, Oct 15, 2009.

1. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

A quick question for discussion:

I am not a believer in the nepotism theories out there, but what happens if TH comes in and blows the doors off...passing for a consistent 300 yds and having a postive rushing total, completes 70% of his passes, throws less the 2 picks for the remainder of the season. All this is hypothetical of course, but what kind of **** storm is DH in for if this happens?

Discuss amongst yourselves...

2. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I don't give a s*** about the storm. I would just be happy to see some success.

Just ready to move on.

3. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

If that happens....a huge **** storm. I don't see that as being a very likely scenario, but I could see TH getting out there and putting up better numbers than CH did. If he does and we move the ball, get some TD's and win some games with TH at QB, I still think people will look at Hawk as making a huge blunder with his QB decisions. People will say what a great season we could've had if TH was the QB from day one, and rightfully blame D. Hawk for the losses during the first half of the season.

4. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

This IS how a coaching staff can set up players - and themselves - for failure and there's little room for success. This is a Lose-Lose situation in the short-term, and if a coaching staff can 'spin' a successful Late Change At QB properly, they might survive it.

It's easy enough to sell to fans, I'd think. "We tried last season but hadn't taught him the system well enough - now we have, obviously."

There would still be pitchforks and torches burning for a while, but a few more wins should quiet down the restless natives.

Since I'm not sure Bohn knows Good from Bad either, he might buy into this reasoning, or he might throw out all the bathwater and babies, too. Who knows. This is all a reflection on him, and he's the one who should be detecting a higher heat under his bottom because he's piloting the AD ship thru poorer and poorer waters because of his choices.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

since this isnt going to happen, i am not concerned.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

winning cures all.. eventually... But ya, Hawk will rightfully be pilloried for not pulling HIS (injured?) SON sooner. ****ing hate that guy. However, winning cures all. As my final FB post on Hawk's wall (before being blocked) stated... Just win.

7. NuggNinja

NuggNinja New Member

The more interesting question to me is after Cody was given opportunity after opportunity despite running a stagnant offense, and making mistake after mistake, what happens if Hansen gets pulled in favor of the coaches son after his first mistake?

Will Hansen get as many opportunities despite failing as Hawkins did?

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Winning cures all ills. If Hansen comes in and tears it up, Hawk will be seen as a guy who made a change when it needed to be made. Even though it was probably a game or two late, he'll be given credit for making a change that would bring in more wins.

9. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Coach Hawkins is quoted as saying "even with 2 or 3 INTs..." Hansen will get to play. We don't know if that's consecutive INTs, if that's 2 or 3 in his career, or what. It's a good, nebulous statement that cloaks a sharp blade under a warm and fuzzy cloak.

It's something I, too, am watching.

10. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

None, because it means he will have won the Big 12 North.

11. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

None - we'd be too happy to care.

Let's make sure our expectations are realistic. KU's defense is a weakness, but I'd expect Mangino to have that fixed quickly. His teams are always tough.

12. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

I remember Neuheisal saying that the goal for the QB position was a 60 percent completion rate...If that happens with Hanson I think all will be better.

13. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Agree. I have been impresed at how well coached KU has been over the past three years. I expect nothing different on Saturday.

Would be great to see our team perform for four quarters and knock the crap out of 'em.

14. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

I think they'll be fine if they come out and win. Think about Mangino three years ago when he decided to take the RS off Reesing. I don't remember anybody skewering him for performing poorly earlier in the year (they were 3-5 when they played the Buffs).

As others have said, winning cures most ills.

15. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Then the spin is, hey, we knew Tyler wasn't ready, so we gave him a few more weeks to study the playbook, prepare for his new role, and voila! now he's ready... We didn't want to rush anything and risk his confidence, but now he's got it together due to our specktackulor coaching.

16. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

[​IMG]

17. Dunken

Dunken Member

**** if Hansen does half of that I for one would be happy.....

18. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

I don't care what he is quoted saying. I'm not trusting it.

19. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Maybe he will put Cody back in, and it will be the nail in Hawk's coffin (if you believe Bohn's comments from another thread....).

20. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

I don't believe Hawk would do that. I didn't see the other thread until you just mentioned it. I do believe Bohn. I believe he is an honest man and I trust him completely. I have talked to him on several occasions and appreciate everything he has done for this University and hope he doesn't do anything to change my opinion of him.

21. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I agree about Bohn. I have "talked" with him (via email) several times through the years. But, I have serious doubts about Hawk's intentions at this point, and how his tenure plays out at CU. This could get very ugly.