What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

QB coffee talk

B1Buff

A quick question for discussion:

I am not a believer in the nepotism theories out there, but what happens if TH comes in and blows the doors off...passing for a consistent 300 yds and having a postive rushing total, completes 70% of his passes, throws less the 2 picks for the remainder of the season. All this is hypothetical of course, but what kind of **** storm is DH in for if this happens?

Discuss amongst yourselves...

I don't give a s*** about the storm. I would just be happy to see some success.

Just ready to move on.

what kind of **** storm is DH in for if this happens?

If that happens....a huge **** storm. I don't see that as being a very likely scenario, but I could see TH getting out there and putting up better numbers than CH did. If he does and we move the ball, get some TD's and win some games with TH at QB, I still think people will look at Hawk as making a huge blunder with his QB decisions. People will say what a great season we could've had if TH was the QB from day one, and rightfully blame D. Hawk for the losses during the first half of the season.

This IS how a coaching staff can set up players - and themselves - for failure and there's little room for success. This is a Lose-Lose situation in the short-term, and if a coaching staff can 'spin' a successful Late Change At QB properly, they might survive it.

It's easy enough to sell to fans, I'd think. "We tried last season but hadn't taught him the system well enough - now we have, obviously."

There would still be pitchforks and torches burning for a while, but a few more wins should quiet down the restless natives.

Since I'm not sure Bohn knows Good from Bad either, he might buy into this reasoning, or he might throw out all the bathwater and babies, too. Who knows. This is all a reflection on him, and he's the one who should be detecting a higher heat under his bottom because he's piloting the AD ship thru poorer and poorer waters because of his choices.

Last edited:
winning cures all.. eventually... But ya, Hawk will rightfully be pilloried for not pulling HIS (injured?) SON sooner. ****ing hate that guy. However, winning cures all. As my final FB post on Hawk's wall (before being blocked) stated... Just win.

The more interesting question to me is after Cody was given opportunity after opportunity despite running a stagnant offense, and making mistake after mistake, what happens if Hansen gets pulled in favor of the coaches son after his first mistake?

Will Hansen get as many opportunities despite failing as Hawkins did?

Winning cures all ills. If Hansen comes in and tears it up, Hawk will be seen as a guy who made a change when it needed to be made. Even though it was probably a game or two late, he'll be given credit for making a change that would bring in more wins.

Will Hansen get as many opportunities despite failing as Hawkins did?
Coach Hawkins is quoted as saying "even with 2 or 3 INTs..." Hansen will get to play. We don't know if that's consecutive INTs, if that's 2 or 3 in his career, or what. It's a good, nebulous statement that cloaks a sharp blade under a warm and fuzzy cloak.

It's something I, too, am watching.

I am not a believer in the nepotism theories out there, but what happens if TH comes in and blows the doors off...passing for a consistent 300 yds and having a postive rushing total, completes 70% of his passes, throws less the 2 picks for the remainder of the season. All this is hypothetical of course, but what kind of **** storm is DH in for if this happens?

None, because it means he will have won the Big 12 North.

None - we'd be too happy to care.

Let's make sure our expectations are realistic. KU's defense is a weakness, but I'd expect Mangino to have that fixed quickly. His teams are always tough.

I remember Neuheisal saying that the goal for the QB position was a 60 percent completion rate...If that happens with Hanson I think all will be better.

None - we'd be too happy to care.

Let's make sure our expectations are realistic. KU's defense is a weakness, but I'd expect Mangino to have that fixed quickly. His teams are always tough.

Agree. I have been impresed at how well coached KU has been over the past three years. I expect nothing different on Saturday.

Would be great to see our team perform for four quarters and knock the crap out of 'em.

I think they'll be fine if they come out and win. Think about Mangino three years ago when he decided to take the RS off Reesing. I don't remember anybody skewering him for performing poorly earlier in the year (they were 3-5 when they played the Buffs).

As others have said, winning cures most ills.

Then the spin is, hey, we knew Tyler wasn't ready, so we gave him a few more weeks to study the playbook, prepare for his new role, and voila! now he's ready... We didn't want to rush anything and risk his confidence, but now he's got it together due to our specktackulor coaching.

Coffee_Talk_Linda_Richman.jpg

Coach Hawkins is quoted as saying "even with 2 or 3 INTs..." Hansen will get to play. We don't know if that's consecutive INTs, if that's 2 or 3 in his career, or what. It's a good, nebulous statement that cloaks a sharp blade under a warm and fuzzy cloak.

It's something I, too, am watching.

I don't care what he is quoted saying. I'm not trusting it.

Maybe he will put Cody back in, and it will be the nail in Hawk's coffin (if you believe Bohn's comments from another thread....).

I don't believe Hawk would do that. I didn't see the other thread until you just mentioned it. I do believe Bohn. I believe he is an honest man and I trust him completely. I have talked to him on several occasions and appreciate everything he has done for this University and hope he doesn't do anything to change my opinion of him.

I don't believe Hawk would do that. I didn't see the other thread until you just mentioned it. I do believe Bohn. I believe he is an honest man and I trust him completely. I have talked to him on several occasions and appreciate everything he has done for this University and hope he doesn't do anything to change my opinion of him.
I agree about Bohn. I have "talked" with him (via email) several times through the years. But, I have serious doubts about Hawk's intentions at this point, and how his tenure plays out at CU. This could get very ugly.

Back