What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

promoted QB Davis Webb Transferring to COLORADO from TTU (Committed to COLORADO)

At least he shouldn't.

SIAP, but what was the reason for Webb's benching at TTU? I don't mind taking the risk, but we haven't exactly had the best of luck with displaced transfer QBs.
Recency bias. Don't make decisions on what happens next based on what happened last time when the actual details are quite different. Russel Wilson worked out pretty well for Wisconsin.

The coaching staff needs to weigh if Davis Webb could be a difference maker for CU and then actually land him if they believe the answer is yes rather than concerning themselves if Davis Webb is equal to Jordan Webb or Connor Wood.

Adams did the same thing at o. This kid should not be scared of Sefo, and red shirting Sefo would be more of a possibility? Instead of throwing him out there before he is healthy/ready. Great opportunity for this kid, would be crazy to NOT come here.

If the staff truly wants this kid, couldn't they deem Sefo not healthy enough to compete in Spring practices and throw a RS on him for 2016 (if a senior QB is a deterrent for Webb)? Would that be an option, and more importantly, would that be a smart option?

Sefo isn't expected to participate in spring practices and may not be able to do much in the summer player-run practices.

So that's kind of my point... Being able to shelve him for the year could be a decent option, no?
'Cept for the probability that by 2017, he would be passed up on the depth chart by Montez and/or Apsay. His coming back for a fifth year is not terribly likely if he will be third string.

I don't get why we'd redshirt Sefo. The kid's played hard, but we need to upgrade at QB. Recruiting across the board needs to improve, but especially at QB.

In all seriousness, is this a legit possibility?
Well it definitely seems like we're going after him. If someone like Alabama jumps in I won't like our chances but I think we'll get a serious look otherwise.

Considering sefo didn't actually break his foot I think the return will be quicker than people originally thought. Holding him out of spring practices is probably precautionary as his rehab process will probably start sometime soon. I would expect him to be able to practice at the end of the semester but not be full go until fall camp.

With that said if you can upgrade a position you upgrade it and if sefo doesn't win the starting spot that is a good thing to the coaches.

I don't get why we'd redshirt Sefo. The kid's played hard, but we need to upgrade at QB. Recruiting across the board needs to improve, but especially at QB.
Yep. Not sure I see any benefit of him red shirting other than wanting him as a veteran back up.

SIAP, but what was the reason for Webb's benching at TTU?

Each quarterback who has transferred out of Texas Tech under Kingsbury was once a starter who got injured and when the next guy stepped up in the system they held onto the job. When Webb was lost to injury last year the next man up was Patrick Mahomes who was a year younger and could make plays with his feet. Webb's accuracy would be a great upgrade but his lack of mobility would be an issue if he has little line protection to give him a comfortable pocket to stand in while making his throws.

I thought I heard that he is going to OU during the OU KU b-ball game last night. The news came from Musberger, so I have no idea if it is true.

I thought I heard that he is going to OU during the OU KU b-ball game last night. The news came from Musberger, so I have no idea if it is true.

OU got a transfer from aTm. Plus, Baker Mayfield was a junior this year. No way Webb is going to head to OU to be a backup. He could stay at TTU and do that next season. And he's not going to go there, redshirt, and then have to compete for a job in 2017. Webb is looking for a good situation to showcase his talent as a starter in 2016 and parlay that into an NFL opportunity in next year's draft.

BTW - mushburger has gotten so damn annoying the last 5 years or so...like he tries too hard to be a cool kid. Lost a bunch of cred when he was drooling outloud about Webb at that bama game

I can see the point either way- having two QBs with P5 experience next year wouldn't be a bad thing if, for some reason, Sefo's not able to go. Also, I don't think anyone would say that they're confident that what CU already has on the roster is undoubtedly better than this kid.

On the other hand, it would be a mistake to tie up a scholly in a limited class on a QB if that guy came in and was a 3rd or 4th string option for one year only.

If it were me, I'd rather use that scholarship elsewhere. I would wager that one of Sefo, Apsay, or Montez could provide CU with good QB play next year.

I can see the point either way- having two QBs with P5 experience next year wouldn't be a bad thing if, for some reason, Sefo's not able to go. Also, I don't think anyone would say that they're confident that what CU already has on the roster is undoubtedly better than this kid.

On the other hand, it would be a mistake to tie up a scholly in a limited class on a QB if that guy came in and was a 3rd or 4th string option for one year only.

If it were me, I'd rather use that scholarship elsewhere. I would wager that one of Sefo, Apsay, or Montez could provide CU with good QB play next year.

A 4* QB who set numerous Big 12 freshman passing records, and was named MVP of a bowl game as a freshman is going to be buried on CU's depth chart?

Btw, I got this info from his Wikipedia page. Couldn't find any current CU QBs wiki pages so I couldn't really compare side by side.

To be clear, I think the Webb he was drooling over was not the same one who is transferring from Tech.
well, duh. and BTW - she just had a kid, cementing her legacy and of course child support when the marriage doesn't pan out.

That's the great thing about message boards: differences of opinion.

My opinion is that Webb is going to be an NFL quarterback which I can't say about any QB on CU's roster, has had success at the college level far beyond anyone on the CU roster, and if he came here would immediately make the Buffs a threat in a wide open Pac-12 South this season.

Back