What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

promoted QB Davis Webb Transferring to COLORADO from TTU (Committed to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
MVP of 2013 Holiday Bowl. Reason that Baker Mayfield left to find a job elsewhere. Graduates this spring with immediate eligibility and 1 year left to play. After some twitter stalking, he looks like he's tight with Coach Chev.

Press Release from TTU on his transfer:

Provided by Texas Tech Athletics

Texas Tech junior quarterback Davis Webb has been granted his release from the Red Raider football program. Webb will transfer at the end of the spring semester after receiving his degree from Texas Tech University.

Webb started 14 games during his three years on campus, including the 2013 Holiday Bowl in which he was named the Offensive Most Valuable Player in Texas Tech's 37-23 win over Arizona State.

"Davis Webb is the hardest working individual I've ever had the privilege of coaching," Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury said. "He's a fierce competitor and an extremely talented quarterback. Wherever Davis lands, he will immediately change the outlook of that program. All Red Raider fans should be extremely proud of what he's accomplished here in Lubbock and look forward to watching him compete next season."

"Davis Webb exemplifies all the characteristics you describe in a successful student-athlete," said Texas Tech Athletics Director Kirby Hocutt. "His positive attitude, incredible work ethic and leadership abilities make him the type of young man that any coach would want in their locker room and any employer will want to hire. We are proud that he will soon be a graduate of Texas Tech University and wish him continued success as he moves forward."

"After consulting with Coach Kingsbury, I will graduate this spring and transfer to another program to play my senior year," Webb said. "The past three years, I have truly lived a dream that few get the opportunity to experience. I would like to thank Coach Kingsbury and the Red Raider coaching staff for their guidance in helping me grow both on and off the field. I would also like to thank the athletics department, football support staff, strength staff, training staff and my teammates for their unbelievable support and encouragement during my time in Lubbock. Finally, I would like to thank the Red Raider fans for their passion for our football program."

Webb leaves the program ranked among the school's all-time leaders in passing yards (5,557), passing touchdowns (46), pass attempts (747) and completions (459). He is the only quarterback in program history to record at least one touchdown pass over his first 18 career games.

"I leave Texas Tech with many great memories and friendships that will last a lifetime," Webb said. "Guns Up!

Now this has a lot more promise than the Chip Kelly to CU talk! If we had a really good QB that had the clutch gene, we could've gone bowling this year. And not much is changing for the 2016 season, so I see getting a difference maker at QB as really important. Not holding my breath but cool to consider.

A couple of weeks ago, some small time paper in Ohio reported that he was headed to Bowling Green where a Tech assistant is now coaching.

With Goff set to declare for the NFL draft, Cal might also be a possible landing spot.

I'm pretty doubtful Sefo can make it back in time to start the season, much less prepare for it. An experienced guy coming in for a season while our young guys gain experience could be just what the doctor ordered. And who knows, maybe Sefo could even red shirt then. Doubt that would be the plan, but you never know.

Love that he has a relationship with Chev and we certainly have an advantageous situation for him.

This would be too much to hope for, right? I mean, good QB play would have CU in a bowl game, great QB play with a growing team could make people really notice CU and he would be the main reason given. Wouldn't hurt his stock at all.

Don't get your hopes up. It's the only way to stay somewhat sane.

If the staff truly wants this kid, couldn't they deem Sefo not healthy enough to compete in Spring practices and throw a RS on him for 2016 (if a senior QB is a deterrent for Webb)? Would that be an option, and more importantly, would that be a smart option?

If the staff truly wants this kid, couldn't they deem Sefo not healthy enough to compete in Spring practices and throw a RS on him for 2016 (if a senior QB is a deterrent for Webb)? Would that be an option, and more importantly, would that be a smart option?
I do not think Sefo concerns him.

Back