What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

QB position not decided...

Far and away? I'm not advocating Cody to be the starter (I don't think he should), but until late last year, Tyler was putting up statistics and wins very comparable to Cody. Honestly, how many Big 12 teams would Tyler have started for last year?? K-State...maybe, but doubtful.

I think he's our better option going forward, but this idea that the entire staff has blinders on and keep throwing Cody out there to feed Dan's ego (or delusions) is ridiculous. Tyler late last season and this Spring has finally separated himself a little bit, so I expect he'll be the guy versus CSU, but up until then he really hadn't locked it down.

I'm not saying Tyler is going to make the Big 12 forget about Bradford and McCoy, but the guy seemed to move the offense a whole hell of a lot better than anything I've seen out of this team in years. I don't really care if Tyler only put up marginally better statistics, against far superior teams that weren't playing prevent defenses because we were actually in a few on the games.

All I want to see is Tyler to get the majority of the snaps with the 1s this fall and to play without fear of having Hawk bring Cody in. I can't help but look at Tyler's career and feel like he just hasn't been given the proper support of the coaching staff. The guy comes in over the summer, doesn't graduate high school early, and runs the scout team for awhile until Hawk up and decides Cody isn't getting it done and Ballenger isn't any good either, so Tyler comes in. I can't imagine a worse possible situation for a true freshman QB. Fast forward to the next year where Cody has been the starting QB and playing the tune up games that we somehow manage to lose, Cody decides to throw a couple picks against Texas and Tyler is back in. First game is against a ranked Kansas team, that of course went on to suck but we didn't know that at the time. I think we would all agree that he played pretty good in that game and we won, but of course the next week Tyler doesn't do much and we get rolled by KSU. My amateur non college football playing mind tells me if he had more preparation and confidence he just might be a little more consistent.

Sinkratz -- I agree with you. The grassy knoll crowd has become delusional about Hawk's motivations.

Cody and Tyler are very different kinds of quarterbacks, each with strengths and weaknesses. Although most people (including me) think it's time to go with Tyler, it's not as if the Hawk has been starting Cody over Joe Montana. Absent injury or meltdown, I don't think Cody will get much playing time this year.

Not reading article or thread because it is not surprising. It is sad to be more excited about a Conference we aren't participating in yet than about the upcoming season.

Not reading article or thread because it is not surprising. It is sad to be more excited about a Conference we aren't participating in yet than about the upcoming season.

So, you just accept what you hear.

So, you just accept what you hear.

Not exactly. Part of the decision was because I was gone for over a week and didn't feel like reading every thread when I got back. For the past eight or nine months I have been picking and choosing the Football Forum threads to read and have skipped probably 80% of them.

Back