What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

QB sneak on 1st & 10?

Firstly, I've watched a lot of football, but that was something I've never seen. I will henceforth call this game the "remember that dumb ass game when we ran a QB sneak on first and 10?"

In their defense, I actually remember thinking it was shady that they didn't signal first down until there were about 14 seconds left on the play clock. So that's 26 seconds after they decided the ball had been spotted.

Let's just say our offensive coordinator, who's on the sidelines, can't tell that it's a first down when they initially put the ball down. OK
Let's also say our head coach, also on the sidelines, can't tell if it's a first down. Sure
Maybe none of our players, the guys who are actually on the field, took a peak at the spot to see if they had gotten a first down....maybe?
Then our eyes from the sky, our QB coach didn't see it either? Let's assume all that and not chuckle....

But then, the next sequence makes sooo little sense to me. I felt like Webb hurried our guys to the line, even though we still had 11 seconds left. At this point, I'd like to think our head coach, offensive coordinator, QB coach in "the booth," QB, and everyone else on the team knew the play. What else were they doing? They had to be on the mike because they weren't watching where the ball was being spotted.

I don't quite remember when we actually ran the play, maybe at 8 seconds? What the hell happened in those 6 seconds? Why did NO ONE call a timeout?!?!

Then the worst thing for me: We gained 3 yards on that play. Anyone want to guess our average yards per rush in the game? That's right kids, 2.9

We would have been better off running QB sneaks all game.

Back