What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quarterbacks 2010 and beyond

Tyler Hansen ... junior?

That just sounds wrong :-/

Amazing what happens when you don't get a redshirt year, but that is correct. Time flies. Tyler Hansen is halfway through his college career as of the NU game.

That said, a lot of guys wait behind older, more experienced qbs in most schools, so he's had a taste of being on the field and will be a little ahead of the curve next year, compared to someone who is say, Tebow's backup and has virtually not played until TT graduates.

(actually I don't even know if "walk on water" Tebow has a backup, but I'm assuming there is one, and that he hasn't seen the field much.)

Amazing what happens when you don't get a redshirt year, but that is correct. Time flies. Tyler Hansen is halfway through his college career as of the NU game.

That said, a lot of guys wait behind older, more experienced qbs in most schools, so he's had a taste of being on the field and will be a little ahead of the curve next year, compared to someone who is say, Tebow's backup and has virtually not played until TT graduates.

(actually I don't even know if "walk on water" Tebow has a backup, but I'm assuming there is one, and that he hasn't seen the field much.)

You didnt hear? They granted Tebow another four years of eligability

Totally agree with Mtnbuff!! Cody is the perfect backup next year. I believe Cody is in the top 3 in td's thrown all time in CU history!!

Love the buffs!!

Anyone know if Clark Evans could beat out Hansen for the starting spot next year?

I like Hansen and he has the potential to be a bit better, but like Cody he seems to have a limited amount of ability. Cody's is more due to his physical presence. Hansen isn't bad, and next year with a real coaching staff we'd be able to evaluate how he does, but seems like Clark Evans is the real future. The guy is built to be a top QB. Hansen is adequate for the time being and probably will be the starter next year, but I'm hopeful Clark Evans gets some good looks to be backup and possibly starter.

Beyond that, why are so many quarterbacks signing onto CU? This isn't a bad thing, but I just hope talent doesn't get wasted by keeping on up to 6 or more quarterbacks on a roster.

Anyone know if Clark Evans could beat out Hansen for the starting spot next year?

I like Hansen and he has the potential to be a bit better, but like Cody he seems to have a limited amount of ability. Cody's is more due to his physical presence. Hansen isn't bad, and next year with a real coaching staff we'd be able to evaluate how he does, but seems like Clark Evans is the real future. The guy is built to be a top QB. Hansen is adequate for the time being and probably will be the starter next year, but I'm hopeful Clark Evans gets some good looks to be backup and possibly starter.

Beyond that, why are so many quarterbacks signing onto CU? This isn't a bad thing, but I just hope talent doesn't get wasted by keeping on up to 6 or more quarterbacks on a roster.

Evans is the future, but we absolutely need Hansen to run the show for the next 2 seasons. Evans would then be a Junior with 2 years of learning the offense, getting spot duty, etc and will be in a much better position to succeed at QB.

Of course, this years incoming crop of QB candidates might have alot to say about that.

I think they are signing so many QB's to make up for lost time and just throwing numbers at the problem. Most of those guys are walk-ons, so its not costing us too many schollies.

There was 2 years there, where we couldn't even run a decent scout team because we didn't have enough QBs on the roster. Once again, Hawk & Co. address the problem too late.

But it HAS been addressed, so applause for that.
Better late than never.
2010 will be an interesting year for the Buffs. Heaven help us, I'm getting enthusiastic already. (Going to be a long off season, I'm afraid.)

Evans is the future, but we absolutely need Hansen to run the show for the next 2 seasons. Evans would then be a Junior with 2 years of learning the offense, getting spot duty, etc and will be in a much better position to succeed at QB.

That's what most major college football programs do; not a whole lot of guys who get to run the show for 3-4 years, although that seems to be changing as of late (Kelen Moore up at BSU, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, etc.).

Based upon what I've read and heard, I don't think that Clark Evans is a feasible option next year because they had to completely rework his mechanics when he came in this last year. I think it will take another year for him to feel comfortable.

However, the one thing that he does have going in his favor is that ALL the QBs will be trying to learn a new offense.

He still had a weird throw motion as of fall practices. I think Hansen is only gonna get better.

Back