What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

(Quasi) Official CU-CSU game thread

Huge props to the Buffs fans who made the trip. The fight song was loud and clear. You KNOW that pisses off the goats.
Agree 100%. Really nice to hear the fight song on the broadcast.

Feed Scott and good things happen.

Fantastic win!!! Made my day!

Great adjustment by Tad to switch the pick and roll after halftime.

Gordon I thought sparked the team in the beginning of the second half. He was a beast down low and hit those 3s.

Jg tweeted these stats out
CSU 1st half: 1.48 points per possession
CSU second Half .667 PPP

CU 2nd half 2.134 PPP

CSU second Half .667 PPP

CU 2nd half 2.134 PPP

Those are insane numbers. Beyond ridiculous. What a beatdown. Doing that to a good team in a rivalry game on the road is impressive as fvck.

CSU second Half .667 PPP

CU 2nd half 2.134 PPP

The CU second half number was partway through, not a final. They did finish with a 1.4 ppp.

A lot of positives today:
  • 5 players in double figures
  • 2 players in double digit rebounds
  • 2.5:1 assist to turn over ratio
  • Second half was encouraging, CU had struggled down the stretch in a couple games this season

Very nice win Buffs!!! Bonus: Stuck it to the Goats

@Darth Snow and I made the trip up there. Crowd was pretty weak in numbers and intensity. Nothing like the atmosphere there two years ago. The crowd got fairly loud when momentum swung their way.

Their noise meter has an extremely tacky McDonalds ad attached to the bottom and the meter is the dumbest ****ing thing ever. When it was silent except for the overheard announcer talking, it was full. Pretty pathetic. Lots of fun watching those idiot fans complain about calls as they watched their team get murdered in the second half.

Then they mad rushed out of there before the game was even over because, well, they like the Broncos more and wanted to go watch that instead. **** those silly Rams. Go Buffs!

GREAT win, Buffs! Seemed like they might have figured something out by extending the D in the second half... Dom seemed much better out there.

Also... suck it, baby brother!

Any chance this game is replayed or available online via the PAC 12 network? ROOT is not available in my area.

This CU team is so Jekyll and Hyde, first vs second half. CSU is a decent team, not good. I mean a home loss to Long Beach State (Despite LBS being solid) isn't the mark of a good team. CU's first half was awful, just like it was against Iowa State, Auburn and Fort Lewis. CU's second half was incredible. This effort will not beat BYU, this effort won't beat ASU, Arizona, Utah, Stanford, Cal, Oregon or UCLA. This team needs to decide who it is, the first half CU Buffs who look like they are bottom feeders or the second half CU Buffs who look like they are world beaters.

This CU team is so Jekyll and Hyde, first vs second half. CSU is a decent team, not good. I mean a home loss to Long Beach State (Despite LBS being solid) isn't the mark of a good team. CU's first half was awful, just like it was against Iowa State, Auburn and Fort Lewis. CU's second half was incredible. This effort will not beat BYU, this effort won't beat ASU, Arizona, Utah, Stanford, Cal, Oregon or UCLA. This team needs to decide who it is, the first half CU Buffs who look like they are bottom feeders or the second half CU Buffs who look like they are world beaters.

After your embarrassing post during the first half, maybe you should sit a few plays out.

What a difference from last year. I expected a beat-down inflicted on the Rams at CEC and it didn't happen. This year we rolled them at their place. I'm sticking to my prediction after the ISU game - Buffs will be 12-1 and in the top twenty when conference starts.

Won by 11 at CSU. A game most everyone thought was a likely loss in the preseason picks. Team is 7-1 with a Top 20 RPI.

In short, I'm pleased and expect that any Buffs fan who isn't a complete moron is also pleased.

Any road win is a good win, chill. Team is much better than last year.

Link to highlights? Cubuffs has them but it goes to the wbb highlights

Last edited:
Any road win is a good win, chill. Team is much better than last year.

People seem to forget the home team wins 2/3rds of the time in college basketball. The Rams didnt today but they are no joke and Eustachey like him or not can coach

Tad gets a twinkle in his eye every time someone asks him about Wes Gordon

Wes is an NBA athlete. He isn't an NBA player but he has all the physical tools.

He is tall and has extra length, add some good hops and he has the potential to be a dominant paint defender both against his own man and helping or in the zone. Add to that good quickness for a big man and good strength.

In some ways playing with Scott has probably hurt Wes. It's easy to simply defer to a big man with Scott's skill set and mental toughness.

Tad has seen kids develop and knows that bigs often develop later. Tad has probably seen some things in practice that lead him to believe that Wes could be a very special player for the Buffs.

We can hope so. By it's nature potential means you haven't done it yet there is reason to be cautious but I think Tad has reason to be excited.

Back