What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Question For Buff Fans In The Know.

I know of nothing this year, maybe make them re-stack those bricks out back collecting dust on a pallet. Slick brought the seniors out to the field through the student section and players could earn that sticker for the back of their helmets - some kind of Indian tradition? if I remember correctly?
since we are black shirts, maybe give pink shirts (at practice) to the players not playing to expectations...

Maybe we can have tricky bring out the guitar for old times sake. There is only one river!

I have a question for you Buff fans in the know, especially considering the situation with the football team to this point of the season. What does the present coaching staff do to encourage and promote team unity. For example, Nebraska has its Blackshirt program for the Defense, and the team has various team activities away from the practice field.

What does Colorado do? What have they done in the past?

They rock out to Thin Lizzy. Duh.

Thin-Lizzy-Killers-Live-EP-1684.jpg

"Times Have Changed" was the t-shirt handed out on the trip before the 1989 game in Norman.
CU hadn't defeated Oklahoma since 1976, and hadn't won in Norman since 1965.
The result?
Colorado 20, Oklahoma 3.

Close - it was "Things have changed". I was at that game and my buddy - Ken Culbertson - was the kicker. I caught up with him after the game. Still one of my best memories as a Buff fan.

Close - it was "Things have changed". I was at that game and my buddy - Ken Culbertson - was the kicker. I caught up with him after the game. Still one of my best memories as a Buff fan.

Was Jamelle Holieway the QB that year for OU? or did he leave in 88?

You were the UBL of 1986!

I guess I was the UBL-lite of 1986. Punter, Keith English, lived across the hall from me freshman year. Did you know that he could punt with either foot? Actually, that's probably not true, but I think he could putt both right handed and left handed.

I guess I was the UBL-lite of 1986. Punter, Keith English, lived across the hall from me freshman year. Did you know that he could punt with either foot? Actually, that's probably not true, but I think he could putt both right handed and left handed.

Cone-ing Brah!!!

Maybe. Ken was an all-state athlete at BOULDER HIGH and he still owns the high jump record there, 25 years after he graduated. I've known Ken since Junior High. Helluva kid and a fantastic athlete. People don't often equate kickers to athletes, but he really was. In addition to being the kicker for the football team, he lettered in basketball and track.

Maybe. Ken was an all-state athlete at BOULDER HIGH and he still owns the high jump record there, 25 years after he graduated. I've known Ken since Junior High. Helluva kid and a fantastic athlete. People don't often equate kickers to athletes, but he really was. In addition to being the kicker for the football team, he lettered in basketball and track.

How many words a minute can you type with one hand?

"Times Have Changed" was the t-shirt handed out on the trip before the 1989 game in Norman.
CU hadn't defeated Oklahoma since 1976, and hadn't won in Norman since 1965.
The result?
Colorado 20, Oklahoma 3.

Close, it was actually, "Things Have Changed"

In 1990 in Lincoln they wore shirts that said, "The Real Blackshirts"

Back