What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Question for Hawkins Supporters & Fence Sitters

If you were to learn that:

1- Dan Hawkins is over-ruling the entire coaching staff to play Cody
2- Hansen is the choice of every other staff member
3- Hansen graded out higher in the QB competition this fall
4- Hansen is the overwhelming choice of the players
5- The staff is so low on Cody they even think the 2nd stringer should be Evans
6- Hansen did not ask to be redshirted
7- Hansen learned about the redshirt idea from a newspaper
8- Hansen was asked to lie about the QB competition and redshirt situation
9- Cody's friends get preferential treatment at other positions

Would you still support Dan Hawkins as our head coach?
If all those were true or even half of them were true, then yes, he should be fired immediately, although I find it hard to believe.

Hawk knows his job is to win so why would he put his job in jeopardy to play favorites?

If all those were true or even half of them were true, then yes, he should be fired immediately, although I find it hard to believe.

Hawk knows his job is to win so why would he put his job in jeopardy to play favorites?

Why did scott get 1 carry? Why is ebner and espinoza getting more snaps than simmons? Why is cody playing and hansen redshirting?

I find it hard to believe any of the reasons hawk gives for these questions, or anything he says.

Why did scott get 1 carry? Why is ebner and espinoza getting more snaps than simmons? Why is cody playing and hansen redshirting?

I find it hard to believe any of the reasons hawk gives for these questions, or anything he says.
I have questioned those things as well. I just don't know why any coach would not play his best players or what his reasoning is for playing those players.

More fundamental to all of this is the fact that we have not been able to attract a blue-chip QB because of the presence of Cody.

Thus, whether it is Cody, Hansen, Evans, the ballboy, etc playing at QB, we are still way behind the rest of the Big 12.

I have a hard time believing this tread. This would be a huge secret to keep, and there are a lot of mouths to silence in this one. Not likely to have been kept a secret even this long.

There have been rumblings.

People who criticize the coaches or coaching decisions become invisible. The players who want to play have to keep their mouths shut. Coaches who want to keep their jobs do not defy the HC in public.

Enough with this BS. We pretty much suck in most areas of the team, so yes, Cody is most definitely part of the problem. He may not be the only problem or even the overriding problem, but he is not free from criticism while the rest of teammates get ripped for their performances.
:yeahthat:

Are you guys ****ing blind? I can't take this anymore. I was looking for an outside perception and stumbled across a Maryland message board. I have read other message boards. The consensus is that Cody is among the worst quarterbacks to ever play Division I football. He has no accuracy, no arm strength, no mobility. What the **** is wrong with you guys?

More troubling, after watching Nelson, Ballenger and Hansen play, it is possible that Cody is the best QB we have.

:yeahthat:

Are you guys ****ing blind? I can't take this anymore. I was looking for an outside perception and stumbled across a Maryland message board. I have read other message boards. The consensus is that Cody is among the worst quarterbacks to ever play Division I football. He has no accuracy, no arm strength, no mobility. What the **** is wrong with you guys?

More troubling, after watching Nelson, Ballenger and Hansen play, it is possible that Cody is the best QB we have.

Maryland fans are aware that we have a football team? They're not good either so if they're taking the time to comment on our QB situation it must be pretty bad.

who are you addressing? I see a variety of opinions here, but your response indicates that everyone sees the same thing?
Various posters in various threads.

Until this week, many posters thought that Cody was an adequate QB. Some still think that. He was the worst QB in the Big 12 last year.

I understand that we all like Cody outside of his ability to play the quarterback position. I understand that we should not make personal attacks against the players.

But the support for Cody as a starting quarterback on this site is maddening.

But the support for Cody as a starting quarterback on this site is maddening.

Dood.

we are not reading the same threads.

I support Cody as a player, as a team leader, as an all-around good guy. I support him as a person, and a college student out there trying his best. I don't question his commitment and effort. (The phrase that comes to mind, is "bless his heart for trying.")

I have not see many folks stating they think Cody should start all year, or even the next game. We are just helpless because the guys who make big bucks to make coaching decisions wanted Cody over Hansen.

Dude, dont post this weak ass Bull$hit!

Maybe I shouldn't have. It wasn't factual. It was a re-reporting of suggestions/declarations made by others over the past several weeks and I compiled them in one place.

And you're even saying that 2 or 3 of the rumors are likely/possibly true based on your sources. Let's just go with that and assume that the majority (or all) of the coaches are in the Cody camp, they were up-front with Hansen, it was a fair competition that Cody won, and Hansen did in fact ask to be redshirted when it became clear he lost the competition.

We're still left with the players being divided on the QB, a perception inside and outside the locker room that being Cody's buddy is a good way to get more reps, and that we can't trust anything that players or coaches say publicly.

Is this all speculation? If so, label it as such.

Sh!t like that don't get confirmed.

Much of it was posted here by a friend of the Hansen family. His brother confirmed it on Rivals tonight. Other things were said by someone with a source on the staff. Nothing is official or confirmed and some is piecing things from other places. Treat it as a hypothetical, but: Link.

Do consider the source though... But where there is smoke there is sometimes fire.

Nothing really explains the total tunnel-vision that keeps a non-performing QB taking every snap. It's Coach Hawkins' team and he can overrule anyone he wants, but then he has to take the heat for his decisions.

Maybe he wants his son in the record books as the only BCS QB to ever play every snap and lose every game...? Or maybe he knows something we don't, like Hawkins to Simas will break every record in the book, just like Elway to Pickens (oh, wait, that was my dream connection that never happened because of another dullard coach...). Sorry, football depression is bringing back other depressing football memories.:sad2:

So which is it? Is it the talent or the coaching or both? My vote is the coaches dont have the best players and athletes on the field. I do think they play favorites and especially the guys who "work" hard. This is not the WAC...that **** doesnt play.

chock = choke?

Other than that, sounded very Dr. Suess. Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Playing favorites does seem to be a theme of this team.
Finding a jewel in a walk-on is another theme.
Sometimes it's true, but if a coach is blinded by the idea that he "discovered" this guy or that guy and plays him over better players, we are in deep doo-doo.

I have questioned those things as well. I just don't know why any coach would not play his best players or what his reasoning is for playing those players.

“We use about 40 personnel groups on offense per game. I want every player on this team to feel valued and loved. If they don't, how are they going to be motivated?”-Dan Hawkins

“We use about 40 personnel groups on offense per game. I want every player on this team to feel valued and loved. If they don't, how are they going to be motivated?”-Dan Hawkins

Is that a real quote?

And if so, was he talking about summers when his kids were young and he volunteered as their youth soccer coach?

Maybe they would like like to get all the pine splinters out of their *** and play? It wasn't "big boy" fb, but when I was doing it, you rode the pine, ok it was aluminum, until you beat out the guy in front of you. As I recall, it worked pretty well....

How about pride and masculinity as motivation? Obviously two things in short supply right now.

yes it is real, context I have no idea or time frame. found it here.

Interesting, the same site has another version (that makes a little more sense):

“We run up to forty personnel sets per game. My feeling is that we've got to find a way to get a guy into the game and let him do what he's best at.” - Dan Hawkins

If we can't find the original quote in a news article or taped interview, it's reasonable to think that someone mis-heard it or made it up. I'm not usually suspicious of "ThinkExist" quotes, but that one sounds made up.

Back