What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Questions for the former Buff football players on the board

Meanist: Andre Gurode, I remember him knocking a Nebraska player from the goal line to the back of the end zone on one of CU's touchdowns when Brown ran wild.

Andre had more pancake blocks than any buff o-lineman. Guy was a beast!

the year that weisinger thought he'd get a shot at starting qb, skippy brought in moschetti from juco in spring ball. after about 30 seconds of practice, moschetti was named the starter. weisinger's dad was pretty involved (as they say) and the family was really unhappy. he transferred to atm right after that. the "not fitting in in boulder" stuff might be true, but it looks to me more like a typical situation where a guy transferred out when he didn't get a shot or whatever.

i suspect there is a strong chance we'll lose a qb after this spring too, but i don't have any inside info--- just looking at the depth chart, eligibility, and all that.

Did not really happen that way. Moschetti came in and RN claimed he was going to to be a defensive back in spring drills. The subterfuge was to keep JW from transferring. It got really ugly in the fall when Moschetti was plugged in at QB, Neill Woelk even wrote an article labeling RN a liar because of that incident. I discussed the strong words that Neill used (to me calling someone a liar in print is pretty strong) and he told me that if you would of seen MM trying to play DB in practice you would of realize what a ruse it was.

The legend of NewWeasel continues...

I have no doubt that Slick Rick jerked around Jeremy Weisinger. Moschetti turned out to be pretty darn good, but I always regret that Weisinger didn't get a real shot at QB - I think he would have been exciting to watch. He only attempted 6 passes TOTAL.

I was a TA in a class in 98 and some girls who were friends with Weisinger spent a lot of recitations talking (often loudly) about how he wasn't happy in Boulder. I used to see him eating alone at the short-lived Taco Cabana on 28th. Taco Cabana is a big fast food mexican chain in the southwest, never really caught on in Boulder. it's actually not bad and for the money, you do alright. nothing wrong with eating by yourself, but kinda strange for 18 year old "heir apparent" qb's on a college campus

I realize I'm not helping this thread return anywhere close to the original question, but DAMN! Had no idea Taco Cabana ever existed in Boulder. Their grease is the #1 cure for hangovers of Texas collegians.

Back