1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questoin on QB's

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buff_since76, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Buff_since76

Buff_since76 Still a fan... Club Member

As I was watching the game I notice the QB's squat really low to the ground when under center. It seems like there head is barely above the centers. It also seemed that this caused the QB's, pretty much all of them, to be about a 1/2 second slow as the hand to stand up and back pedal at the same time. All of the QB's lined up this way, including Hirshman who really had to squat down to get that low. As I don't know all the little neuances of QB I was looking for someone to tell me why they do this. To me it seemed to throw the timing a little off on some of the plays. The slow start for backpedaling was most noticeable on the screen passes where it seemed the the D would have beaten the hell out of the QB's on several plays if they were allowed to.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I don't really know. But the FBs do this to.

With the FBs, I thought maybe it was so the RB could better see over him and read the defense. But I wouldn't think that would be an issue with the QB since the RB lines up so far behind him.

3. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

I wonder if it has to do with the QB's gettin there hands farther under the center, to help receive the snap more cleanly.

4. TuffBuff32

TuffBuff32 Member

I do recall an issue of botched snaps early in the spring. remedy?

5. cu2x

cu2x Club Member Club Member

I'm glad you saw that too. It seems this would keep the QB from getting as good a view of the D. All the QBs did it, so this must be something they're being taught.