What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Questoin on QB's

Buff_since76

Still a fan...
Club Member
As I was watching the game I notice the QB's squat really low to the ground when under center. It seems like there head is barely above the centers. It also seemed that this caused the QB's, pretty much all of them, to be about a 1/2 second slow as the hand to stand up and back pedal at the same time. All of the QB's lined up this way, including Hirshman who really had to squat down to get that low. As I don't know all the little neuances of QB I was looking for someone to tell me why they do this. To me it seemed to throw the timing a little off on some of the plays. The slow start for backpedaling was most noticeable on the screen passes where it seemed the the D would have beaten the hell out of the QB's on several plays if they were allowed to.

I don't really know. But the FBs do this to.

With the FBs, I thought maybe it was so the RB could better see over him and read the defense. But I wouldn't think that would be an issue with the QB since the RB lines up so far behind him.

I don't really know. But the FBs do this to.

With the FBs, I thought maybe it was so the RB could better see over him and read the defense. But I wouldn't think that would be an issue with the QB since the RB lines up so far behind him.

I wonder if it has to do with the QB's gettin there hands farther under the center, to help receive the snap more cleanly.

I'm glad you saw that too. It seems this would keep the QB from getting as good a view of the D. All the QBs did it, so this must be something they're being taught.

Back