What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: Charleston Southern, October 19th. Book It!

RSSBot

News Junkie
After weeks of speculation, the hole left in the schedule by the rained-out Fresno St game has been filled by *drumroll* CHARLESTON SOUTHERN!

Wait, what?

Yes, the Charleston Southern *checks wikipedia* Buccaneers will be coming to Boulder on October 19th. Hawai'i, SDSU, et al declined the opportunity to collect a quick paycheck, so the Buffs had to dive back into the FCS pile. I guess it's better than nothing, especially when considering that CU stood to lose multiple millions in ticket and advertising dollars if the schedule remained light. No word yet on how much the Buffs had to pay, but I'm sure it was a discount over what the FBS teams were turning down.

For those concerned with bowl eligibility, the NCAA has granted Colorado a waiver, allowing for a second win over an FCS team to count towards the six wins required to make a bowl. So thanks to both Charleston Southern and the NCAA for being cool about this.

I'm not even going to pretend I know anything about this other CSU, but a quick look at their schedule shows they're 5-0. While not in the FCS top-25, that has to count for something, and over the next few weeks, I'll be checking to see if they're as good as their record would indicate.
gKy6VUEx5i8

After weeks of speculation, the hole left in the schedule by the rained-out Fresno St game has been filled by *drumroll* CHARLESTON SOUTHERN!

Wait, what?

Yes, the Charleston Southern *checks wikipedia* Buccaneers will be coming to Boulder on October 19th. Hawai'i, SDSU, et al declined the opportunity to collect a quick paycheck, so the Buffs had to dive back into the FCS pile. I guess it's better than nothing, especially when considering that CU stood to lose multiple millions in ticket and advertising dollars if the schedule remained light. No word yet on how much the Buffs had to pay, but I'm sure it was a discount over what the FBS teams were turning down.

For those concerned with bowl eligibility, the NCAA has granted Colorado a waiver, allowing for a second win over an FCS team to count towards the six wins required to make a bowl. So thanks to both Charleston Southern and the NCAA for being cool about this.

I'm not even going to pretend I know anything about this other CSU, but a quick look at their schedule shows they're 5-0. While not in the FCS top-25, that has to count for something, and over the next few weeks, I'll be checking to see if they're as good as their record would indicate.
gKy6VUEx5i8

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back