What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: Leaving games early

RSSBot

News Junkie
Yesterday, at his weekly press conference, Coach Embree praised CU fans for sticking it out and supporting the team last Saturday against Oregon. Indeed, I was pleased to see a full stadium Saturday afternoon. It helped that the weather on Homecoming was gorgeous, and that the ski slopes hadn't completely opened yet, but still, Buff Nation stepped up.

However, it's time to enter the confessional: I left at halftime Saturday afternoon. Actually, it was more like I sprinted out of the stadium at halftime last Saturday.

I had seen everything I needed to see Saturday, and found the prospect of a Big City Burrito far more enticing than the second half of a game that stopped being competitive with 13:24 to go in the first quarter. While it was Homecoming, the marching band, through the canceling of its traditional homecoming program, had made it abundantly clear that it wanted nothing to do with its alumni, so I didn't even have the prospect of playing some tuba like I usually do on Homecoming weekend.

In all honesty, I got bored. I showed up, sang the fight song, watched some Ralphie, and left. I'm not proud of it, if fact I'm a little ashamed.

But, I have to ask, is it ever acceptable to leave a game early?
8030839680057503187-9222976271758061821

b8_ugMp4gXM

More...

Back