What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: Licking the Beavers

RSSBot

News Junkie
I apologize for the title. I couldn't help myself.

82-60, CU. Just like last season, that score does the game a disservice; it was far less competitive than that. After some early back and forth, the Buffs took control and never looked back.

I talked about the Buffs needing to suppress Oregon State's shooting percentage, and they did just that. With a typically swarming defense, CU held the shell-shocked Beavers to 36% shooting. This lead directly to OSU scoring over 22 points below their season average. Scoring sensation Jared Cunningham was kept in check, and supporting cast performers like Ahmad Starks, who had scored in double figures each conference game prior to tonight, was kept all but silent from the field.

Faced with a team that likes to run and share the ball, the Buffs handed them a dose of their own medicine. Running the floor, and utilizing the break to shred the Beaver defense, the Buffs never gave OSU a chance to catch their breath. CU even shared the ball well, spreading the rock around for a season high 19 assists on 29 made baskets. Combined with a 43-31 rebounding advantage, the Buffs had little to worry about down the stretch.

'Dre had a fantastic night, grabbing yet another double-double (16/15), but my player of the game was Askia Booker. With fellow freshman Spencer Dinwiddie struggling early, Ski brought the energy and pace CU needed to bust out of OSU's 1-3-1 zone trap. "The Scrat" finished with 15 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals in only 20 minutes of play (also went 7-7 from the line). Without him, I think the Buffs struggle to separate from the Beavers.
Ski's play was vital tonight. From: CUBuffs.com
Good win, time to focus on the Ducks. Stay out of the storm, it's getting nasty out there.

Go Buffs!
8030839680057503187-3547544389266415626

4fPU2ib5OAI

I apologize for the title. I couldn't help myself.

82-60, CU. Just like last season, that score does the game a disservice; it was far less competitive than that. After some early back and forth, the Buffs took control and never looked back.

I talked about the Buffs needing to suppress Oregon State's shooting percentage, and they did just that. With a typically swarming defense, CU held the shell-shocked Beavers to 36% shooting. This lead directly to OSU scoring over 22 points below their season average. Scoring sensation Jared Cunningham was kept in check, and supporting cast performers like Ahmad Starks, who had scored in double figures each conference game prior to tonight, was kept all but silent from the field.

Faced with a team that likes to run and share the ball, the Buffs handed them a dose of their own medicine. Running the floor, and utilizing the break to shred the Beaver defense, the Buffs never gave OSU a chance to catch their breath. CU even shared the ball well, spreading the rock around for a season high 19 assists on 29 made baskets. Combined with a 43-31 rebounding advantage, the Buffs had little to worry about down the stretch.

'Dre had a fantastic night, grabbing yet another double-double (16/15), but my player of the game was Askia Booker. With fellow freshman Spencer Dinwiddie struggling early, Ski brought the energy and pace CU needed to bust out of OSU's 1-3-1 zone trap. "The Scrat" finished with 15 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals in only 20 minutes of play (also went 7-7 from the line). Without him, I think the Buffs struggle to separate from the Beavers.
Ski's play was vital tonight. From: CUBuffs.com
Good win, time to focus on the Ducks. Stay out of the storm, it's getting nasty out there.

Go Buffs!
8030839680057503187-3547544389266415626

4fPU2ib5OAI

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back