1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Post: On Game 6 of the World Series

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Oct 28, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

I enjoyed myself immensely last night. What a game, what an evening of baseball.

But there's Joe Cowley and his tired, bitter ilk, bitching and moaning about the quality of the game. It wasn't a well played game before the late-inning dramatics, the ratings are still going to be crap, the sport has been ****ed by management who don't seem to know what they're doing, football will wash the memories of October 27th away before November even sets in, yadda yadda yadda.

Who the **** cares? Isn't the point of watching sports to be entertained, to be drawn into things you really have no right to care about? I have little to no reason to actually care about this World Series, other than the fact that I really like baseball, yet I sat in breathless anticipation as the extra innings of Game 6 unfolded. I imagine I experienced exactly what past generations felt when consuming Game 6's from '75 and '86; an overwhelming sense of mirthful disbelief as baseball proves again that anything, truly anything, can happen if you watch it long enough, and I better not go anywhere.

What could possibly be more entertaining than two consecutive innings featuring a team coming back from the brink of a 2-strike count with 2 outs and the season on the line? That someone dropped a fly-ball in the 4th is of no concern when a team refuses to die in the 9th, 10th, and 11th.

Game 7 could suck terribly, a blowout with no inherent drama, and it will do nothing to diminish the magic that I immersed myself in while watching Game 6. Save it for the time capsule, I'll want to see all of that again someday.

God bless this little sport.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More...