What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quit respecting CAL!!!

Yes we haven't had a Pac 12 win since Cal and need another one. Looking forward to improving our offensive numbers.

I don't bet on games. I have a wife that has kept me from becoming a gambler that ruins his life. Now I just have a ruined sex life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok then.

BUFFoonery!

Attended the 2011 game at CU. Your fans were great by the way. Felt like we were very lucky to escape with the win (especially because if I remember correctly you had a receiver.... Richardson?????....... who set a bunch of school/conference/world/universe records against us in that game). Of course, we also were doing this weird thing in our passing game where our QB could only throw if he was rolling to his left, and then no more than 10 yards downfield. I think you are going to see a different game out of our QB this time around. Don't be surprised if Ralphie decides to move to Berkeely as Goff's love slave after checking out the game on the TV.

Attended the 2011 game at CU. Your fans were great by the way. Felt like we were very lucky to escape with the win (especially because if I remember correctly you had a receiver.... Richardson?????....... who set a bunch of school/conference/world/universe records against us in that game). Of course, we also were doing this weird thing in our passing game where our QB could only throw if he was rolling to his left, and then no more than 10 yards downfield. I think you are going to see a different game out of our QB this time around. Don't be surprised if Ralphie decides to move to Berkeely as Goff's love slave after checking out the game on the TV.

Why did you pussy out on visiting Boulder again in 2013?

Attended the 2011 game at CU. Your fans were great by the way. Felt like we were very lucky to escape with the win (especially because if I remember correctly you had a receiver.... Richardson?????....... who set a bunch of school/conference/world/universe records against us in that game). Of course, we also were doing this weird thing in our passing game where our QB could only throw if he was rolling to his left, and then no more than 10 yards downfield. I think you are going to see a different game out of our QB this time around.

Atta bear. Last sentence (not posted here). Get rid of it. :thumbsup:

Chill motherf*cker! Let the flower root. :rofl:

I feel like you guys totally went into hiding last year. It was disappointing. You were about the only Bear visitor around here for that game. Now this year you look like a 4 or 5 win team again and you alas, all come crawling out of the woodwork. As a fan base that knows a thing or two about loyalty while sucking lately, this is douchey of your fans.

I feel like you guys totally went into hiding last year. It was disappointing. You were about the only Bear visitor around here for that game. Now this year you look like a 4 or 5 win team again and you alas, all come crawling out of the woodwork. As a fan base that knows a thing or two about loyalty while sucking lately, this is douchey of your fans.

Normally I would agree with you. I see your point and you are correct with the hiding and all that. We don't really know what we have this year nor do you so this is a good trash talk game. As much as I hate your school, I (we) admire several things: 1) Your fan base is different-a little Big and a little PAC. That's pretty cool IMO. We didn't have that before. 2) You're a graduate of a good public school with hippies in charge that hate athletics. Sound familiar? 3) Your fan base likes to travel to our home and spend money; we like to travel to Boulder and spend money. 4) We both have storied/ancient histories regarding our athletic programs. 5) We have both sucked in recent times. 6) We're both arrogant for various reasons and proclaim ourselves as the greatest in and____and____and_____. 7) We both have a lot of successful members in the military and in academic arenas. 8) The residences of our respective fan bases are intertwined. 9) We all like hottie and food threads.

As far as the perceived "douchery of fans", I'm partially to blame. I linked several threads here to Bear Insider. I like to drive traffic, talk trash and involve fan bases. Many of you have come to our side over the years especially during basketball season but we don't usually engage in anything until game week-if that. It's not a bad thing IMO. Would you prefer more UW, AZ, NEB and CSU fans? You've all seen that BS before and you already know how to bait us and we know how to bait you. It's all good C'Ville. Take your best shot. Let's have some fun and get to know each other before two more schools from your old conference join and try to take over. Eff it...either way, I'm going to continue to get drunk and post on both sites. Win or lose, we drink:

-bear

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?86518-Welcome-to-CU-football

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?86557-Grown-Men-Acting-Like-Babies

Last edited:
Child please. It wasn't a sucking thing. Good lord, you people think you know sucking? You have a co-national championship within the living memory of your fan base. We have..... well we almost went to the Rose Bowl about 10 years ago, had a semi-decent team in 91 that we purposefully blew up, we smashed a few band instruments in 82 and that's basically it. The fact that there are any Cal fans left anywhere in the world after last season proves that we aren't fair weather. No, We are tough and stalwart and afraid of nothing, except for the possibility that the temperature might dip below 60 degrees. So CU in early September (2011 game) = good. CU in mid November (2013 game) = bad.

But it in all seriousness, your campus was spectacular. One of the nicest I've seen. And your fans were exceedingly gracious. Great to have you all in the conference.

Last edited:
Normally I would agree with you. I see your point and you are correct with the hiding and all that. We don't really know what we have this year nor do you so this is a good trash talk game. As much as I hate your school, I (we) admire several things: 1) Your fan base is different-a little Big and a little PAC. That's pretty cool IMO. We didn't have that before. 2) You're a graduate of a good public school with hippies in charge that hate athletics. Sound familiar? 3) Your fan base likes to travel to our home and spend money; we like to travel to Boulder and spend money. 3) We both have storied/ancient histories regarding our athletic programs. 4) We have both sucked in recent times. 5) We're both arrogant for various reasons and proclaim ourselves as the greatest in and____and____and_____. 6) We both have a lot of successful members in the military and in academic arenas. 7) The residences of our respective fan bases are intertwined. 8) We all like hottie and food threads.

As far as the perceived "douchery of fans", I'm partially to blame. I linked several threads here to Bear Insider. I like to drive traffic, talk trash and involve fan bases. Many of you have come to our side over the years especially during basketball season but we don't usually engage in anything until game week-if that. It's not a bad thing IMO. Would you prefer more UW, AZ, NEB and CSU fans? You've all seen that BS before and you already know how to bait us and we know how to bait you. It's all good C'Ville. Take your best shot. Let's have some fun and get to know each other before two more schools from your old conference join and try to take over. Eff it...either way, I'm going to continue to get drunk and post on both sites. Win or lose, we drink:

-bear

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?86518-Welcome-to-CU-football

http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?86557-Grown-Men-Acting-Like-Babies

I agree, win or lose, we should all still drink. I went to Boulder again in 2013 and suffered through that game, but CVille you are correct that our support took a hit last year - especially as the year wore on. We are better this year. I honestly don't know how much yet, we shall see.

All of your points are spot on. CU and Cal have a connection of sorts. You guys are fine. You're the UVA fans of the Pac. I'm used to your ilk. Just an observation that your guys by and large skipped out on us kicking your ass last season. This is one of those games where some crazy **** could potentially happen. We won't have the 10-12k we had in 2010, but our fans will still show up in force like you've never seen a program in a down slump like this travel. **** the Big 12 and all, but that conference deserves credit for traveling fans. You have no choice in the Big XII but to show up if you don't want your stadium being taken over.

Btw, **** that guy on BI bringing up "Pac wins in last couple years" smack. Ahem. Neither of us wants to go there.

I expect to see a large CU contingent on Saturday, including my daughter. There's a huge alum group in the Bay Area, & I suspect they will turn out for this game. I'm really happy to see CU in the conference, it helps to counterbalance the douchey Oregon, ASU, and USC fans I've encountered on a few road trips over the years.

Child please. It wasn't a sucking thing. Good lord, you people think you know sucking? You have a co-national championship within the living memory of your fan base. We have..... well we almost went to the Rose Bowl about 10 years ago, had a semi-decent team in 91 that we purposefully blew up, we smashed a few band instruments in 82 and that's basically it. The fact that there are any Cal fans left anywhere in the world after last season proves that we aren't fair weather. No, We are tough and stalwart and afraid of nothing, except for the possibility that the temperature might dip below 60 degrees. So CU in early September (2011 game) = good. CU in mid Novemeber (2013) = bad.

But it in all seriousness, your campus was spectacular. One of the nicest I've seen. And your fans were exceedingly gracious. Great to have you all in the conference.

But is it great to have us? We brought the conference championship game along. This means the holy grail of Cal football post-invention of the wheel is now eliminated: the conference "co-champions" tag. Where do you go from here?

But is it great to have us? We brought the conference championship game along. This means the holy grail of Cal football post-invention of the wheel is now eliminated: the conference "co-champions" tag. Where do you go from here?

We would have loved to have had that game a couple of times in the past. No worries, we'll take it without the "co" title. Of course, it may not be in my lifetime....

All of your points are spot on. CU and Cal have a connection of sorts. You guys are fine. You're the UVA fans of the Pac. I'm used to your ilk. Just an observation that your guys by and large skipped out on us kicking your ass last season. This is one of those games where some crazy **** could potentially happen. We won't have the 10-12k we had in 2010, but our fans will still show up in force like you've never seen a program in a down slump like this travel. **** the Big 12 and all, but that conference deserves credit for traveling fans. You have no choice in the Big XII but to show up if you don't want your stadium being taken over.

Fair enough. Truth be told, as much as CU kicking our ass on that day hurt, we lamented and bitched more about barely beating Portland State at home than anything else. In fact, your *ss kicking was lost among all the *ss kickings we took that year. That hadn't happened in a long time at Cal nor had we ever experienced that many injuries, player revolts or academic failings during a first year coach's tenure ever. I was at that game as was Golden Okie and probably Sebastabear. Several other posters will come over this week that were probably at that game as well. We remember. More importantly, the existing players remember too.

It's interesting that you compare us to UVA. We know them. We've played them in a variety of sports. While I won't pretend to be their equals in Lacrosse, we've bitch slapped them in other sports. We're not UVA. We're Cal. Hate them for other reasons. Hate us for being bears.

Everyone knows CU travels well. We all see it. Only Cal will grant you this respect though. We've seen this from Tennessee, Wisconsin and Ohio State at our stadium. That's admirable. You'll soon see that SC on a championship run travels the best. Back in my day, UW filled the stadiums too. If Cal ever makes a good run, you'll see us as far as the eye can see too. The bear territories (like CU) are just waiting for a good run. That's all we need. We've been dreaming of packing the Rose Bowl but the times have passed us. We're a little jaded right now and we're not the only team or sport in our geographic area.

That all said, I'm glad you're not in the Big any more. Come out west for a visit sometime C'Ville. Many of us love your East Coast B-Ball previews and predictions as I'm sure others in the PAC who are trolling Allbuffs do...Either way, welcome home again.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Truth be told, as much as CU kicking our ass on that day hurt, we lamented and bitched more about barely beating Portland State at home than anything else. In fact, your *ss kicking was lost among all the *ss kickings we took that year. That hadn't happened in a long time at Cal nor had we ever experienced that many injuries, player revolts or academic failings during a first year coach's tenure ever. I was at that game as was Golden Okie and probably Sebastabear. Several other posters will come over this week that were probably at that game as well. We remember. More importantly, the existing players remember too.

It's interesting that you compare us to UVA. We know them. We've played them in a variety of sports. While I won't pretend to be their equals in Lacrosse, we've bitch slapped them in other sports. We're not UVA. We're Cal. Hate them for other reasons. Hate us for being bears.

Everyone knows CU travels well. We all see it. Only Cal will grant you this respect though. We've seen this from Tennessee, Wisconsin and Ohio State at our stadium. That's admirable. You'll soon see that SC on a championship run travels the best. Back in my day, UW filled the stadiums too. If Cal ever makes a good run, you'll see us as far as the eye can see too. The bear territories (like CU) are just waiting for a good run. That's all we need. We've been dreaming of packing the Rose Bowl but the times have passed us. We're a little jaded right now and we're not the only team or sport in our geographic area.

That all said, I'm glad you're not in the Big any more. Come out west for a visit sometime C'Ville. Many of us love your East Coast B-Ball previews and predictions as I'm sure others in the PAC who are trolling Allbuffs do...Either way, welcome home again.

It hadn't been that long. '99 to '01 rings a bell :nod:

I came for a visit a few years ago. Loved all parts except getting waxed by your **** team. But, our coach of that time is long gone and Sonny is making important strides in being the new era version of that coach.

I don't hate Cal, nor will I until you guys either catch the various diseases (literally, in the case of ASU coeds) infecting other Pac fan bases, or else beat us a few times when the stakes are considerably higher than battling for 11th place. I'll take your wine and cheese, birkenstock, snoody attitudes any day over the desert dwellers and the ignoramuses of the northwest. Losing makes fan bases cooler. It's no coincidence Wazzu fans are raved about. You are the UVA of the Pac, though. Your whole demeanor is nearly identical, right up to having your occasional decent runs in football, but never winning the key game.

I'm already gearing up for hoops. Warning: the mountain road swing is going to be an absolute monster for you old Pac10 schools this year. We're primed with our best team yet and Utah is not ****ing around anymore.

Fair enough. Truth be told, as much as CU kicking our ass on that day hurt, we lamented and bitched more about barely beating Portland State at home than anything else. In fact, your *ss kicking was lost among all the *ss kickings we took that year. That hadn't happened in a long time at Cal nor had we ever experienced that many injuries, player revolts or academic failings during a first year coach's tenure ever. I was at that game as was Golden Okie and probably Sebastabear. Several other posters will come over this week that were probably at that game as well. We remember. More importantly, the existing players remember too..

Yup. I was there in 2010 (haven't missed a home game in many years). Sat next to some very nice CU fans (a group of buddies in their 40s who tried to make a CU road trip at least once a year). We had a good time. They actually were (somewhat sarcastically) cheering Cal at the end. They wanted Cal to run up the score as much as possible to hasten the end of the Hawks era as the coach. Seemed kind of sad at the time, but boy did I ever get where they were coming from a few years later. Good times.

Meh, the Pac 10 was done. We had to expand to get the TV deal and we really needed that cash. The choice was really CU/ Someone Else or Texas/Nebraska. And believe you me, I really was pulling for CU over the s*#! show adding Texas would have caused. CU is beautiful and a great cultural fit. Plus, Cal fans obsession with the Rose Bowl really just means conference championship. Sure it would be sweet to be in Pasadena on New Year's Day, but most of what we want is to get back on that mountain we last climbed during the Eisenhower Administration. Some day.

Meh, the Pac 10 was done. We had to expand to get the TV deal and we really needed that cash. The choice was really CU/ Someone Else or Texas/Nebraska. And believe you me, I really was pulling for CU over the s*#! show adding Texas would have caused. CU is beautiful and a great cultural fit. Plus, Cal fans obsession with the Rose Bowl really just means conference championship. Sure it would be sweet to be in Pasadena on New Year's Day, but most of what we want is to get back on that mountain we last climbed during the Eisenhower Administration. Some day.

Read as: "Welcome to the Pac 12, CU. You're not a threat to our insecurities surrounding academic rankings. We like you."

How'd we end up with Cal's 2011 QB?

CU alum seem very keen on grouping themselves with elite schools like Cal and distancing themselves from B12 schools and looking down on SEC schools.
However, the USN report rankings, for what it's worth, maybe paints a different picture. CU is tied with Alabama and Denver U at #88. Baylor ranked #71. Cal ranked #20. Stanford ranked #4
Old SWC schools ranked ahead of CU: Rice, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, SMU & Baylor
I think these rankings are mostly bogus, but many people pay attention to the rankings.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/page+8

CU alum seem very keen on grouping themselves with elite schools like Cal and distancing themselves from B12 schools and looking down on SEC schools.
However, the USN report rankings, for what it's worth, maybe paints a different picture. CU is tied with Alabama and Denver U at #88. Baylor ranked #71. Cal ranked #20. Stanford ranked #4
I think these rankings are mostly bogus, but many people pay attention to the rankings.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/page+8

Unintentional UBL.

You are a strange troll.

Read as: "Welcome to the Pac 12, CU. You're not a threat to our insecurities surrounding academic rankings. We like you."
No "academic insecurities" wasn't exactly the reason to prefer CU over Texas. We like you because you fit well into our master plan to create an all-hippie conference. We add Michigan and maybe a college up in Humboldt County and we can dump Stanford, USC and the rest and split off to form our own league.

Back