1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RR Ralphie Report: Bill McCartney urges patience with Coach MacIntrye's rebuild

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Sep 22, 2015.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Former CU coach sees progression and thinks the program is headed in the right direction When Colorado Buffaloes' head coach Mike MacIntyr...

by Jeff Hauser
    Continue reading...

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Anyone do a side by side comparison of the Hawk article yet?

3. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

or the embree one.

4. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Nearly identical, except this one doesn't mention setting the table for a black head coach.

Not beating up on a good man, just playing.

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I love Mac. He was the architect of CU's last successful rebuild. I'll say what I said when the Hawk and Embree regimes began to falter and Mac said "stay the course". When has any coach, anywhere, ever said another HC did not deserve more time? It is a high dollar venture now. I don't see the AD saying "thanks for your patience, here is some of your ticket money back". They don't and they shouldn't. They also should not be surprised when their alumni and fans expect results rather than the we're dear Old CU, bear with us and pay the freight pitch.

Personally, I am impatient with 10 years of bad FB. I don't know what the AD should do, but if the team goes 0 fer in conference in year number three, and given the long train of losses over the last ten years, it will be hard to keep MikMac, even though I am seeing signs of improvement. This is as results oriented as it gets.

6. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

Hmmm...wonder why talking about even came up...is there chatter/unhappiness in elite booster circles? Or are rank and file fans making enough noise?

Love Mac, but he is a sunshine pumper...it's his greatest strength and Achilles heel.

If this program turns it around, it'll more likely be because of RG than MM.