What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ralphie Report: Colorado Basketball: Plateauing at 5,345 Feet

Good read!

Last night validated this article in a big way. The student section was full last night, and it made a huge difference. The Keg was loud, and the students set the tone. While there were a decent amount of people who arrived late, it looked like the place was packed by the 10 minute mark in the 1st half.

Rick George needs to find a way to make this the norm with the students. Last night was a showing of what Coors can truly be, and has been in the past.
Short of CU becoming a perennial top 10-15 team, it will never be like that at every home game. It just won't, no matter how hard the AD tries.

So it's best to just not try, right?
I didn't say that. I just made a statement that I believe to be true. We've discussed all the gimmicky things the AD can do to generate fan/student enthusiasm, and I hope they do invest in marketing the MBB team. I just think using last night's atmosphere as a benchmark for all home games is a little ambitious.

It can be close to that for every conference home game and marquee non-conference home game. Heck, only 25% of the students who buy season tix for hoops have to show up to make this happen.

It probably wouldn't take too much effort on the AD's part to get that. Mostly in the realm of better organization and communication.

The cupcakes and the games during winter break are the big challenges. Attendance for these can improve, but until CU Basketball is a consistent Top 25 program that makes noise in the Dance, it simply won't be a hot enough ticket on secondary market to have the Keg rocking like we'd want it to be for these games.

It would help a lot if they could bring back the 50 student fans to the Pac-12 tourney thing, though.

It can be close to that for every conference home game and marquee non-conference home game. Heck, only 25% of the students who buy season tix for hoops have to show up to make this happen.

It probably wouldn't take too much effort on the AD's part to get that. Mostly in the realm of better organization and communication.

The cupcakes and the games during winter break are the big challenges. Attendance for these can improve, but until CU Basketball is a consistent Top 25 program that makes noise in the Dance, it simply won't be a hot enough ticket on secondary market to have the Keg rocking like we'd want it to be for these games.

It would help a lot if they could bring back the 50 student fans to the Pac-12 tourney thing, though.
That sort of thing does so much. SO much.

more organic student section craziness, and less marketing department ****ing things up with their telethon like way of doing things.

more organic student section craziness, and less marketing department ****ing things up with their telethon like way of doing things.
If we want more organic craziness, the students in charge of the section have to work harder. This is one of the big things I hope we address before next season.

Back