What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ralphie V's first bowl game

Bufffan68

Club Member
Club Member
Current Ralphie has never run at a bowl game! Congrats to her (y)

I realize it's not much of a thread...but it's Ralphie! So **** you.

Will they take her? They stopped taking her to all road games because it's too much stress. Do they make an exception for bowl games?

And, she is getting pretty old for a Ralphie. I think that Ralphie IV retired at age 11, and Ralphie V is, I think, 10. Maybe that means she is close to retirement? Could this be her first and last bowl game?

How bad ass would it be to Adorn Ralphie with Roses on her run through the Rose Bowl. Iconic and and excellent Branding.

Expect to see CU gear in all the footlockers across the land.

I smell a hashtag trend.

Here is Ralphie IV's final "trot", at the 2007 Independence Bowl. The current Ralphie is way more vigorous, even at her similar advanced age.

Oh man, she looked old as **** there. CU fans had no idea what the next 9 years would have in store for our beloved program... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Again...best mascot in all of college football.

Bevo? Stands around and ****s every where.

Bull Dog? Ugly stupid mother ****er?

Owl? WTF?

Duck? You have to be kidding.

Again...best mascot in all of college football.

Bevo? Stands around and ****s every where.

Bull Dog? Ugly stupid mother ****er?

Owl? WTF?

Duck? You have to be kidding.

I have to say that it was funny when Reveille, A&M's collie, tried to bite that player from the opposing team.

Think it might have even been a Texas player.

I have to say that it was funny when Reveille, A&M's collie, tried to bite that player from the opposing team.

Think it might have even been a Texas player.

Don't know about that one ... but i do remember this (Georgia @ Auburn):

12679781.jpg

We need a bowl win. Hate ending the season with a loss.

terrible first quarter. Cody throws in INT on our first play. Dan shoots us in the face with a fake punt that fools no one. we spot Bama 20 points. i watched some bits of the game and the 4th Q. some pretty salty D from Walters, Dizon, et al. uniforms suck. cheap beer piss metallic gold helmet.....pale gold pants. stupid jerseys and numbers. thanks Nike.

we were 4-2 at one point and finish 6-7. that was the high point we eclipsed in palo alto.

damn you last ten years.

Last edited:
terrible first quarter. Cody throws in INT on our first play. Dan shoots us in the face with a fake punt that fools no one. we spot Bama 20 points. i watched some bits of the game and the 4th Q. some pretty salty D from Walters, Dizon, et al. uniforms suck. cheap beer piss metallic gold helmet.....pale gold pants. stupid jerseys and numbers. thanks Nike.

we were 4-2 at one point and finish 6-7. that was the high point we eclipsed in palo alto.

damn you last ten years.
I'll never forget going to that joke of a bowl game. LSU fans (particularly some hotties) that came to cheer against Bama asking at halftime why we sucked so bad after spotting them that lead thanks to the interceptions. The Bama fans riding to the game in the back of pickup trucks yelling "Roll Tide Roll" with their rolls of toilet paper and little boxes of Tide attached to sticks. Hawkins overthrowing J-Fly in the end zone on what could have been a game winning score. To top it all off I almost got stuck spending New Years Eve at DFW airport. Hopefully I can go to the bowl this year to make up for it.

Last edited:
I'll never forget going to that joke of a bowl game. LSU fans (particularly some hotties) that came to cheer against Bama asking at halftime why we sucked so bad after spotting them that lead thanks to the interceptions. The Bama fans riding to the game in the back of pickup trucks yelling "Roll Tide Roll" with their rolls of toilet paper and little boxes of Tide attached to sticks. Hawkins overthrowing J-Fly in the end zone on what could have been a game winning score. To top it all off I almost got stuck spending New Years Eve at DFW airport. Hopefully I can go to the bowl this year to make up for it.

i went to the 02 or 03 LSU-Oklahoma Sugar Bowl with my dad on Nokia's dime....and LSU fan is a weird, sometimes scary one. beer drunk football fan is one thing, cajun bourbon drunk football fan is another planet of weird. like watching sci fi creatures mate. too weird.

DFW is horrible. straight plain horrible. so many horrible things working together in one place.

Ralphi V is ten, and one of her predecessors retired at eleven.

Does anyone know if training for R-VI has started? what's the lead time on training a new Ralphie?

on second thought, let's save this one for the off season.

Ralphi V is ten, and one of her predecessors retired at eleven.

Does anyone know if training for R-VI has started? what's the lead time on training a new Ralphie?

on second thought, let's save this one for the off season.
I don't know why you guys are so hung up on recruiting rankings. Stars don't matter.

So I watched that Independence Bowl, because I'm apparently starved for anything CU football related right now.

That team had genuine talent. They were the better team for a large part of that game, even though Bama had a few future NFL players on their roster.

It was just a typical Hawk game, though - show just enough to know that we are talented enough to win the game, make questionable decisions at key times (that was the worst fake punt ever early in the game, and there was no reason for it), and then of course Cody.

Amazing to think what we've been through since that game up until now.

Ugh, Hawkins. His high water mark was with
Barnett's last couple recruiting classes.
Talk about two 6-6 programs with new Head Coaches (Hawk was in his 2nd year, while Saban his 1st with Bama), on polar opposite trajectories... In the immediate years following that game up through last season, Alabama has gone 98-12 with 4 National Championships. We all know what happened with CU. Ugh.

Back