1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random musings from yesterday's game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffarino, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

1. Why were we subjected to TV timeouts on a game that wasn't televised? Very annoying.

2. It looked to me like the EWU receiver pushed off on the long TD throw, but I was all the way across the field. Anyone have a better view of it? Did he push off?

3. How on earth did a I-AA (or FCS, whatever the hell you want to call them) DL push around our OL like that? I haven't seen a Buff OL get manhandled like that in a long time. And it wasn't just MTM, although they were overloading him on many plays and just bullrushing him, which he handled very poorly.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

The refs were really bad. I know everyone says that after everygame, but this was as bad as i've ever seen in a long, long time. What was with the call where they stopped the play, put the ball back down, and started the play over again? The time/commercial guy wasn't on the field. WTF?

3. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Radio stations sell ads too.

Can't answer the rest of your questions though. Particularly the 3rd. :huh:

4. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

The '07 Iowa State game only happened 10 months ago.

5. Buffarino

A couple other things:

4. Smith is turning into a Ben Kelly-esque return man back there. He needs to secure the ball better, but he's an electric returner.

5. To the EWU player who was taunting the CU fans after they kicked the FG to go up by 7, you might want to wait until after the game is over to taunt the other side. :smile2:

6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I was getting annoyed at the long timeouts as well. The worst sequence of reffing was that third down that was replayed three times because of penalties. Geez, let the guys play some.

7. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

The pass interference in the first half on a 3rd and long was also a push off by the receiver. I was absolutely dumbfounded by that call.

8. Buffarino

So did it look to you like the receiver pushed off on the long TD as well?

9. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

He did. But he also abused Jalil by carrying him an extra 15 or so yards. That was pretty funny.

10. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Unfortunately my son had a game yesterday morning so I walked in during the kick off after the first touchdown.

11. manley1104

manley1104 New Member

:iagree:

3. As for this question I would say the shotgun is why the line got manhandled on running plays but Cody didn't seem to have to much either so :confused:.

12. Buffarino

Yeah, the attempt at a tackle was terrible.

13. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

AGREED, the Ref's were terrible. As much as I hate being the guy to blame the ref, I will not shy away from calling them IDOTS and spelling it out for them.

1. That 1st Touchdown was bad as it was an Obvious push-off. If you somehow get 3 yards of separation after both hands are on the defenders side/back it IS obvious.

2. The next series with the pass interference call on a pass that hit the railing on the side of the stands (C'mon Ref, even a Yao Ming with Randy Moss hands could NOT have caught that pass...it's called Uncatchable ball...it's in the rule book, look it up!!)

3. I counted 4 times (and I made a note to watch the Buff TV to circle these instances) where the EWU O-Line held one of our DT's (hands nowhere near the numbers) and took them to the ground. That is called HOLDING ref. You seemed to understand it against CU???

4. It's a CU home game, EWU is a Sub-Division team that noone in their right mind has heard of or could give 2 ****s about...the fan's are yelling "the ref beats his wife" or "get off your knees ref, you're blowing the game" and you're going to seriously blow the whistle against the home team over some real iffy and questionable calls...LET 'EM PLAY

14. Buffarino

I forgot about that one. That was right in front of us.