1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random thought about Mullen's Dave Logan as the next CU head coach

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

It would be ****ing stupid.

2. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

What are the odds we would have the exact same random thought about that subject?

3. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

this is an X-ray of the average Dave Logan for CU head coach supporter's head...
    [​IMG]

4. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Colorado would be an even more national laughing stock if this were to happen.

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Homer was smart with that crayon in his brain.

6. buff4bcs1985

homer was smart when they took it out... when they put it back in he got stupid again... see homer getting surgery on moes pool tab

dply likes this.
  7. dply

You're right. I bow down to your simpsons kNowledge.

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm not sure how random that thought is. In fact, I think that's a pretty universally accepted truth.

9. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Honestly....unfair to Logan to simply bash him just because a few nimrods have thrown his name out there...I truly don't think he is currently or would be considered for the CU head coaching gig based upon his current resume'

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Logan would have to take a pay cut.

I'll say this: Mike Shanahan thinks very highly of him as a football mind. FWIW. Too bad he probably isn't willing to go the assistant coach route. WR coach to OC to HC. But they say the biggest skill needed to be an HC is to be able to manage a program. Mullan lies somewhere between a high school program and a college program.

11. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I would agree if I knew for sure that he wasn't lobbying behind the scenes to make sure his name gets mentioned in connection with the job. Maybe he doesn't do this and there are just a bunch of people who are so impressed with him that they push him without his involvement. Call me skeptical, though.

12. Buffnik

I agree that Logan would become an attractive candidate if he took a college assistant job first and had some success as an OC.

I disagree with calling Mullen anything except a high school program.

13. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

How about Logan as Mac's OC?

14. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

That x-ray is missing homer's protective fat layer inside his skull. With that layer, Dr. Hibbard could hit him in the head with a surgical 2x4 and it wouldn't harm him at all.

15. sackman

At the risk of steering this discussion way off topic, Mullen is basically a Juco at this point. I think Mullen would actually beat several Juco programs. And I'm talking about the football program, not the school itself.

16. sackman

This I could live with. Although my preference would be for somebody who has called a play or two at the college level.

17. Buffnik

That is better than Mac + Embree. But that's not saying much.

How many Top 20 all-time programs are looking to the high school ranks for their Head Coach or Coordinator positions? The only one I can think of is where it kind of worked is when Arkansas hired Gus Malzahn as OC because he was able to bring Mitch Mustain with him. Malzahn has turned out to be a great coach even though the Nutt-Mustain-Malzahn love triangle was a disaster.

18. Rraalph 3000

This years Mullen team would most certainly beat CSEWE....course, I guess they fall in that JUCO football programs category

19. buff4bcs1985

Lucius Sweet and Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrederick TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATUM

20. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

DT is hilarious. He is what Mike Tyson could have been.

21. Buffnik

Come on. Does Mullen have a single lineman who is even going to be offered a JUCO scholarship?

22. sackman

Here's the issue about Logan that nobody is willing to address: He cheats. OK, technically it's not cheating when the rules allow it, but he operates under a completely different set of rules than everybody else does. As a result, he has far better talent than everybody else does. The vast majority of Mullen games involve them simply rolling over their opponent because they're bigger, faster, stronger. It's easy to win when you have a distinct physical advantage. He would not have that advantage at CU. This is why Gerry Faust was such a miserable failure at ND, but was a high school legend in Ohio. It's why Logan would be a miserable failure at CU.

23. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I can't believe people really want CU to hire a high school coach..

24. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Hopefully there aren't many of those people out there. Dave was a great Buff and is a good supporter of the program. Let's remember him as such and leave it at that. No need for him to coach in Boulder.

25. dply

Well we have a pee-wee coach right now so a high school coach would be a huge step up.

26. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I don't think there are many people out there that want his as coach, I'm just amazed there is anyone. Even one person. The dude is a high school coach at the Yankees of Colorado high school football. Color me not blown away by his resume. There have been failures before that came from high schools that competed in regions that actually had a lot of competition. Faust in Ohio and the guy that failed at North Texas. You just can't expect someone to go from high school HC to college HC and have any success.

27. Rraalph 3000

I've found the only people that are floating Logan's name out there are the casual CU fans that own a shirt or 2, come to a game once ever few years, but are really bigger Denver Broncos fans. They don't know much about college football and its intricacies, but think that because Logan sounds brilliant on the radio, played a few downs in the NFL, graduated from CU and has dominated the local H.S. area for a decade that he'd be more than qualified.

I've met a few of these folks and they're not going to have much say over what CU does

28. dply

Or maybe its the first bank commercials.

29. Rraalph 3000

well....It is THE Colorado bank for YOU :lol:

30. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I agree. With his advantage he should go undefeated every game, every year. IF he was developing kids and had a top notch coaching ability. JMHO.