1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random thought on HC candidate... Kevin Wilson

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...un-to-beat?urn=ncaaf,196213#remaining-content

Hired in 2002... gotta be impressed with a guy who has built that offense to the point where it GOT BETTER after Adrian Peterson left...

And stayed the SAME or nearly enough even with four Olinemen leaving and all the pass catching threats leaving.

Dunno, haven't heavily researched it, but he seems to have some of the qualities we would want...

2. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

Why don't we just go and get the guy from Boise State we should have hired in the first place, Peterson?

3. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Never understood why Venables gets more mentions in HC talk but also gets more of the blame by many including OU fans themselves. I wouldn't mind a Wilson offense here at CU. Wondering how well he can lead a team though.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I wasn't aware we were looking for head coach "candidates." Maybe you should give this guy a call and ask him if he'd like an interview. :smile2:

5. Darth Snow

hmmm. getting a bid annoyed with me DBT? Why is this the first "potential HC" thread you've crapped on? hmmmmmmmmmmm. :smile2:

As to someone who actually ADDED something to the discussion... I think vene gets more notice cause hes been their longer? (I think?)

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Nah. Your cool. I just think we all ought to cool our jets a bit on "coaching candidates." We have a coach. That was just my tongue-in-cheek way of expressing it. But you are entitled to your opinion and are certainly in the majority.

7. Darth Snow

Dunno man. we get blown out by KU and perhaps things will happen sooner then you think. However, its a message board for discussion, so your "let's just not talk about it" shtick makes no sense, dig?

But you are entitled to your opinion and are certainly in the minority. :wink2:

8. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

My opinion would be that Wilson doesn't get a lot of credit because of the athletes OU has on the offensive side of the ball. Get a defense to do well in the Big 12, and a defensive guy may be more coveted. Venables' teams of course apt to give up the big play in the big game, but at least they made it that far, right?

9. Darth Snow

ya, but the defense is also stoops's baby... while the O is all Wilson. Venebles might be in a reverse of a Hawk/Peterson situation imho.

10. Buff fanatic

Buff fanatic Well-Known Member

I could recruit anyone to OU. And I could score 50/game with Bradford/Murray/etc.

11. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Let's not get too crazy here.... :lol::lol:

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss changing coaches considering the state the program is in at this point. And part of thinking about whether or not that's a good move is looking at what the other options are... Plus, sometimes it's just fun to think about what other coaches might do here - no matter what you think about the staff we have now. :huh:

12. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Better than Venables, who is just Bob Stoops errand boy.

13. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

I'd be okay with the hire. I don't know though...if we don't get a big name coach, I think I'd rather go with a defensive-minded HC.

14. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Like a few have said, I like him a lot more than Venables. I think there are better candidates, though.

15. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

not a bad move but i could live without *another* Stoops assistant in the Big XII. Mangino, Leach, etc.

16. Darth Snow

ummm... They win. wins sound good to me.

17. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Because BSU is 0-2 on sending HCs to BCS schools.

18. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

I'm on it. I've got Independence Community College on speed dial. The switchboard operator enjoys getting results for meddeling CU fans.

19. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Lotta questions flying around down here. Seems Wilson's play-calling is under a lot of scrutiny.

The land-thieves defense hasn't been quite the same since Mike Stoops left for Tombstone. They're good - they're fast..... But right now, no one wearing crimson-&-cream can cover the short crossing patterns. Or are they in the right position to do so.

Not sayin' I'm looking at future candidates......just sayin'.