What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Random Thoughts: Field Turf at Folsom Field

When those football dudes sweat, bleed and spit on artificial surfaces, it just stays there. Same thing with the hair and skin flakes. If you get a cut or rug burn on astro turf, the risk of infection is higher than on real grass.

You can't exactly roll the stuff up and put it in a washing machine. The process to disinfect the artificial surface involves chemicals and a power jet. The lackey that does the job of cleaning astroturf isn't going to have half the pride as a grounds keeper who tends live grass.

Have you ever torn up carpet? The underside is pretty nasty thanks to mold and mildew. Same thing with astro turf.

Thanks, that makes alot of sense and I always wondered about that and how they cleaned it.

I didn't say that turf would make Hawkins a winner... but you're forgetting winning @ Texas Tech two seasons ago.

That was Oct 27th, 2007 :thumbsup:

I just liked the feel of running on grass, and the look, durability, etc etc... UT switched to field turf last year and it just takes some of the fun out of gameday. Also seems like the linemen can't just dig in and bowl everyone over as easliy

Back