1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranking Big 12 games from 1-96

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

This article is mostly good for some laughs on the author's comments. Seems pretty hard to rank games like this.

http://newsok.com/berry-tramel-ranks-big-12-football-games-from-1-96/article/3375192

Some comments that stood out:

We have a favorable schedule. Really hope we can go 2-1 against MU, KU, and NU.

:lol:

Don't see the Jayhawks losing that one, but it does make you stop and wonder a bit.

Can't disagree with the assessment that this looks like a huge mismatch on paper, but pretty amazing we have only lost there once since 1987.

2. BoBigRed

BoBigRed Guest

Nebraska has only lost their 3 times since 1960

3. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

lost their what? Their steroid syringes? Only 3 times since 1960? That explains a lot.

4. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

→41. Texas A&M at Texas Tech, Oct. 24: No two schools hate each other more than these.

I can think of two immediately. Alabama-Auburn, and Kansas-Missouri. Hate is barely a strong enough word for those two rivalries.

5. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

This guy's an idiot...

→70. Wyoming at Colorado, Sept. 19: Seemingly natural rivals have played only twice since Wyoming’s 24-10 victory in 1982.

Geographic proximity doth not make a rivalry, especially when we have a closer in-state rival from the same conference as Wyoming...

→60. Texas A&M at Colorado, Nov. 7: Buffs’ record 55-58 this decade.

What does our record this decade have to do with our game vs. TAMU?

→40. Missouri at Kansas State, Nov. 14: May the best team win.

Wow!! Real insightful analysis, Mr. Tramel...you couldn't have come up with a better one-liner than that???

→27. Missouri at Colorado, Oct. 31: Don’t laugh, but CU could contend for the North. The three North favorites all come to Boulder.

The only semblance of a positive comment for CU from this guy - just about every other game he writes something that trends against CU...I'm actually surprised he did not mention last year's game vs. MU...

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Tramel thinks pretty highly of Mizzou, seems. given the way they've prison girlfriended us in the Hawk era, i won't say much more than i think they are beatable this year. by us. in Folsom. i also think they finish behind us, KU, and NU in the North.

unless Pinkel has learned something about D and the new QB picks up at Chase Daniel as a Jr. level right away.

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

:yeahthat:

So CU could contend for the North, but it's the fuskers and gayhawks who will have the north on the line when we play them??

If I didn't know better, I'd say this goof is making this up as he goes.... :rolleyes:

8. The Fusker

The Fusker Member

Tramel is a ****ing tool.

9. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Trammel is on the radio every day down here. Yesterday he picked the Buffs to win the Big 12 North. He thinks the buffs will beat ISU and A&M. He thinks the Buffs will lose to UT and OSU. He thinks the Buffs schedule is favorable for the other four games (including Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska all in Boulder) - and that the Buffs will go 5-3 in the conference.

10. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Look at the schedules:

Kansas plays Oklahoma, Texas and Tech. They'll definitely lose to OU and Texas, could lose to Tech.

Nebraska plays Tech, Oklahoma and Baylor. They'll definitely lose to OU, and probably Tech. The Baylor game will be tough.

Missouri plays OSU, Texas and Baylor. Missouri will lose to OSU and Texas. Like Nebraska, Baylor will be tough. But they play them in Columbia.

11. buf

buf New Member

Baylor vs. Connecticut is rated higher than any CU game???

12. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Uhh yeah, Baylor-Conneticut should be rated higher than several CU games. From an outsider's perspective it would not be difficult to rate this match up ahead of CU-Wyoming, CU-Toledo, CU-ISU, CU-A&M, CU-KSU.

13. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

I think that is an interesting game. Connecticut has come on in recent years, and a lot is expected out of Baylor. Remember Baylor gave Connecticut a real run for their money last year - losing 31-28 at Connecticut.

14. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Baylor should have won that game last year. Briles is a good coach and is actually starting to get talent to Waco. Gonna be interesting to see how they do going forward.

15. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Just the division they are in though, ouch! I do expect Baylor to go bowling this year.

16. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I would be happy with a 5-3 record in conference (unless one of those losses is to the nubs).

17. BoBigRed

BoBigRed Guest

Is it because NU is your super bowl like you are csu's?

18. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

what's your purpose on this board? you're not funny or clever and you certainly don't engage in any real conversation. meh, ignore is a nice function.

19. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Ignore the bitch, like I do, and she'll run back to mommy. But the best part is you don't have to read anything she posts (unless other people quote her).

20. BoBigRed

BoBigRed Guest

I haven't talked to my "mommy" in 10 years - I could care less what happens to her.

21. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

Nope little bo peep - it's because I see a loss to NU this season as inexcusable. Just don't see the little red being any better and most likely worse than last year. Haven't remotely thought about this game being similar to a such an underdog-type of view since about '86.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

NOTE: For those of you who have this a$$hat on ignore - I didn't quote.

22. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

And like Oklahoma is yours.

23. BoBigRed

BoBigRed Guest

Yep - I always love when we play OU at least they have tradition.

24. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Yeah, it must be tough when somebody tells you you're ****ty in bed.... :lol:

25. BoBigRed

BoBigRed Guest

The QB will be fine, he's more than capable + 4 OL and 2 RB's return so that helps but the recievers are ??? I see 9-3 + a bowl game

26. BoBigRed

BoBigRed Guest

Doh!!!!

27. Unleash Hell

Who is on who's board?

28. Unleash Hell

A tradition of mopping up the fuskers. Must be fun!:lol:

Actually, I read somewhere that in OU's history, CU has a closer average score with OU than Nebraska. I'll have to find that.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  29. Chilly

Chilly Well-Known Member

hack job

30. BoBigRed

BoBigRed Guest

cu has 17 wins against OU and a -646 in points scored against OU and Nebraska has 37 wins and a -275 in points scored. I didn't know the average of scores mattered in the win / loss column.