1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranking the Pac-12 after week 1

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

The best, solid solid teams
    1. Stanford. Beat San Jose St. 57-3. Weak competetion, but looked good doing something they were supposed to do.
    2. Oregon. Lost to LSU 27-40 Some key turnovers helped LSU blow it open. Ducks look to be a solid team once again with great speed and athletes.

They took care of business, but still hard to tell where they are
    3. Utah. Beat Montana St 27-10. Not a huge blowout, but took care of biz. Big test next week at USC.
    4. Arizona St. Beat UC Davis 48-14. Not much of a test.
    5. USC. Beat Minnesota 19-17. SC couldn't do anything in 2nd half. Very sloppy play by the trojans. Big game comign up vs. Utah.
    6. Cal. Beat Fresno state 36-21. Solid play from new QB. See if they can win on the road next week, something that they aren't good at.
    7. Washington St. Beat Idaho St. 64-21. Seems really high, but the cougs haven't scored more than 56 points in over 5 years.
    8. Arizona. Beat N Arizona 41-10. Easy first game, now the brutal part of the schedule.

They looked bad and I do not expect these teams to go bowling this year
    9. Washington. Beat Eastern Washington 30-27. Had to rally to win, they will miss Locker.
    10. UCLA. Lost to Houston 34-38. Not a good start for a coach being under fire.
    11. Colorado. Lost to Hawai'i 17-34. Defense showed flashes, but same road results for new look buffs.
    12. Oregon state. Lost to Sacramento state 28-29. This is like CU losing to Montana state.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

CU should be dead last. That's the only thing I'd change on your list.

3. Unleash Hell

HOW? Oregon state lost at home to Sacra framento state! CU lost on the road to a good Hawai'i team with a good QB.

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I wouldn't put WSU that high. Idaho State was one of the worst FCS team last year with a 1-10 record. I'd have them at #8 but in the looked bad just because of who they played and they lost Tuel for a good part, if not the whole season.

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I'm with unleash here. Buffs were only second worse. Losing to Sacramento State is worse than losing to Hawaii. Hell, its even worse than losing to Montana St.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

:lol:

Okay Creatini.

7. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Interesting rankings...

In order, mine would be
    1. Stanford
    2. Oregon
    3-12 everyone else

I don't think we can take much of anything from week 1. WSU still looks to be the doormat of the north division. Not to mention they lost QB#1 Tuel to a broken clavicle (out at least a month or so). Idaho St. is worse than Sacramento St., can't take anything from the score and the 'Coogs paid a high price for the W. UCLA is coming off their worst 3 year record in the history of the program with Rick at the helm. The L for UCLA yesterday did nothing to sway my opinion that they consistently do less with more than any other team in the country. Hard to put them above 12, again it's still too early to know.

I'll be happy to re-rank my 3-12 in another 2-3 weeks...:thumbsup:

8. Unleash Hell

r u serious? You aren't gonna put a team that lost to Sacramento state last? ****ING SERIOUS?:lol:

9. Unleash Hell

I will be doing a ranking each week.

10. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

CU should be last, Oregon 3rd from last.

11. Unleash Hell

:wow:

12. Sexton Hardcastle

13. Unleash Hell

Thats why OSU lost? All their starters are 18?

14. Sexton Hardcastle

15. Unleash Hell

road losing streak ok I get it, but the buffs can at least win at home, and haven't finished last in almost a century. I'm not making a point on why CU shouldn't be last btw, I'm making a point on why Oregon state should.

16. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

You might want to put WSU down the list. The kitties still gave up 430 yards passing and the Idaho State starter was a JUCO transfer making his first start. Plus WSU only converted 3-11 third downs. And Idaho State is pretty much the weakest Big Sky team unless that is UNC.