What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ranking Tracker

Week 7 12/23

AP poll: Ranked #21
Last Week: Ranked #20

UofA #1 (same)
OSU #7 (same)
Baylor #11 (up 1)
Oregon #12 (up 1)
KU #16 (up 2)
UCLA NR (#33 14 votes)
Harvard NR (#33 14 votes)

Coaches Poll: #24
Last Week: #24

UofA #1 (same)
OSU #7 (same)
Baylor #12 (up 3)
Oregon #10 (up 1)
KU #16 (up 3)
UCLA NR (#26 44 votes)
Utah NR (#37 1 Vote

Last edited:
Yeah our two losses are to teams currently in the top 11. There are three teams ranked ahead of us with 3 losses.

I believe this is accurate:

Top 25 teams by conference

Pac12: 3
Big10: 4
ACC: 3
Big 12: 4
Atlantic 10: 1
Big East: 1
Missouri Valley: 1
Mountain West: 1
SEC: 3
West Coast: 1
American: 3

edit: this was LAST week, since the leader in sport coverage, ESPN, has not updated their rankings yet.

Last edited:
This is excellent news, let's take care of business against Georgia and defend home court at all costs against Oregon. Push ourselves to near 15.

Oregon's got some guys that can really shoot the 3pt ball. We are going to have to really improve our 3pt defense to beat them.

Also, UCLA has more talent than Okie State, and their offense is very impressive as well. Anderson is a matchup nightmare. Lavine and Adams are future pros. Luckily neither Oregon or UCLA play much defense, so if we defend as most Boyle teams do (hopefully this time period we can really improve), we should come out with victories in both. I would love to go to Tucson with a 17-2 record.

Amazing how a close loss to a top 10 team, coupled with a bunch of losses to teams just behind us in the rankings, had virtually zero impact on our ranking.

And how cool is it to lose a game and stay ranked? The last time CU was ranked, we went into Wyoming and got beat and never saw the rankings again. This time feels different, no?

Is it that we are better or that this is a weaker college basketball year?

Rankings are huge. Boyle can sell that on the recruiting trail. I expect our 2015 class to be the best ever, maybe even get a five star! I'm not sure if we will ever recruit to the level of Zona/UCLA, but we can definitely get the players below that. Moving to the Pac 12 has really changed our bball recruiting.

Also, I'm so happy that we are still ranked after losing to Okie Lite. It is huge for our program. ESPN will likely write more stories and show highlights of our games.

Still a long way to go, but I really like this talent and depth on this team, and I think our potential is much higher than last year's. We don't have a defender like ROberson, but we are a better rebounding TEAM. Defense is still a work in progress, but I expect it to be much better by teh time we hit Pac 12 play, the frosh are still learning everyday, and I'm assuming this is the first time each had to focus on defense.

Is it that we are better or that this is a weaker college basketball year?
Were more respected from having made the tournament two years in a row and what should've been three. I think that plays a part into this. But beating KU was huge. I'd say were better than we've been in the past, just based on OOC, still a long way to go.

College basketball is weaker in general with the one-and-dones. Since I'm also a Terps fan, I see fans blaming the so far bad year on the lack of experience. I looked ahead of the teams even less experienced, sure enough CU was on it along with many others. The days of Christian Laettener and Grant Hill staying all four years are long gone. I'm not saying every team can be like Kentucky and start 5 freshman and expect to win a national title, but you don't need a senior laden team to compete, in fact you're probably at a disadvantage if thats the case for a BCS conference. Now where experience does help to me is the mid-majors. I believe those teams benefit from it, where they might not have the talent, they've played with each other for many years, might have better fundamentals, and even coaching. At the end of the day, talent usually wins out, but you can't overlook the intangibles too much.

Rankings are huge. Boyle can sell that on the recruiting trail. I expect our 2015 class to be the best ever, maybe even get a five star! I'm not sure if we will ever recruit to the level of Zona/UCLA, but we can definitely get the players below that. Moving to the Pac 12 has really changed our bball recruiting.

Also, I'm so happy that we are still ranked after losing to Okie Lite. It is huge for our program. ESPN will likely write more stories and show highlights of our games.

Still a long way to go, but I really like this talent and depth on this team, and I think our potential is much higher than last year's. We don't have a defender like ROberson, but we are a better rebounding TEAM. Defense is still a work in progress, but I expect it to be much better by teh time we hit Pac 12 play, the frosh are still learning everyday, and I'm assuming this is the first time each had to focus on defense.
That will be tough, I do think we can be the third team in Pac-12.

The big thing to me is how does Tad and even the administration respond to the success so far and not get complacent. I'm not saying I think it will happen but plenty of programs have a few years of good runs and go back to where they were before. I do believe in Tad and think he can build a long lasting product that can be a top-25 program in a yearly basis.

I don't think we will out recruit Arizona or UCLA...but as we get guys staying around longer I think we can out experience them, out tough them and out play them

The big thing to me is how does Tad and even the administration respond to the success so far and not get complacent. I'm not saying I think it will happen but plenty of programs have a few years of good runs and go back to where they were before. I do believe in Tad and think he can build a long lasting product that can be a top-25 program in a yearly basis.

At least listening to Tad talk, doesn't sound like he's satisfied with just being where CU is currently. They do need ongoing support from CU's administration though. If they want CU to continue to get better at basketball, will always have to be willing to put money into improving facilities on par with most of the rest of the conference

Don't think CU will likely have better classes then UCLA or Arizona most years, but they can win battles for particular recruits that all 3 Universities have offered. Will be tough to get the Top 10, Top 20 recruits that UCLA and Arizona get often, but if they get players just under that tier, they'll be in great shape

You know, I'm ok with that.

To use a B1G parallel, they can be MSU and OSU if we can be Wisconsin, make the Dance every year, win our share of conference titles, and go into the post-season thinking we've got a shot.

At least listening to Tad talk, doesn't sound like he's satisfied with just being where CU is currently. They do need ongoing support from CU's administration though. If they want CU to continue to get better at basketball, will always have to be willing to put money into improving facilities on par with most of the rest of the conference

Don't think CU will likely have better classes then UCLA or Arizona most years, but they can win battles for particular recruits that all 3 Universities have offered. Will be tough to get the Top 10, Top 20 recruits that UCLA and Arizona get often, but if they get players just under that tier, they'll be in great shape
I hope he's not satisfied, this program has come a long way when there was just general apathy towards basketball and it was clear afterthought for most, except maybe a few hundred students for the most part.

We just got a new practice facility, I think the next step is a large renovation to Coors.

Yeah Tad can coach up the recruits.

Back