What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ranking Tracker

You know, I'm ok with that.

To use a B1G parallel, they can be MSU and OSU if we can be Wisconsin, make the Dance every year, win our share of conference titles, and go into the post-season thinking we've got a shot.

I was trying to come up with an analogy on that...that is a really good one. Always competitive when down but more than their fair share of Big 10 Championships and some Elite 8/Sweet 16 appearances.

We just got a new practice facility, I think the next step is a large renovation to Coors.

New weight room as well. Dunno if they need a large renovation to Coors, but smaller ones on a year to year basis would be a good idea. Hard to do everything at once.

I would like it if the most frequent students in the CUnit still got free trips to Vegas, for the Conference Tournament, as well. Those type of things might have ended with Bohn tho

New weight room as well. Dunno if they need a large renovation to Coors, but smaller ones on a year to year basis would be a good idea. Hard to do everything at once.

I would like it if the most frequent students in the CUnit still got free trips to Vegas, for the Conference Tournament, as well. Those type of things might have ended with Bohn tho
Yeah that's fine, last thing I want is to be displaced and playing games in Broomfield and in Denver at this point, that could stunt all the progress we've made. I'm just not sure how much improving our facilities we actually need to do. This isn't Kentucky, were not building a "basketball dorm."

I think the decision to stop the trips for CUnit is shortsighted by RG. I get his reasons for it, but I think for $20k (the reported figure), it could continue even if it means the Olympic sports don't see it. Basketball is the greatest source of our pride/joy right now.

I don't think they need to have Kentucky like dorms. But they could do things to improve Coors. Expanding the Concourses, renovating the bathrooms, improving concessions, a new audio/video system, a University store are all things that could increase revenue and/or enhance the game experience

I don't think they need to have Kentucky like dorms. But they could do things to improve Coors. Expanding the Concourses, renovating the bathrooms, improving concessions, a new audio/video system, a University store are all things that could increase revenue and/or enhance the game experience

...Getting rid of the suspended hoops and replace with the free-standing variety.

The Keg at very least needs new bathrooms.

It'd be nice to have seat backs across the arena and tear out the bleachers too.

Amazing how a close loss to a top 10 team, coupled with a bunch of losses to teams just behind us in the rankings, had virtually zero impact on our ranking.

This part of your post (bolded) confuses me. :huh:

And how cool is it to lose a game and stay ranked? The last time CU was ranked, we went into Wyoming and got beat and never saw the rankings again. This time feels different, no?

Yes ... that is cool. Shows how far we've come. Others might disagree, but more and more I get the feeling that the Sabatino Chen debacle last year put us on the national radar more than anything other than (possibly) the win over KU.

Yes ... that is cool. Shows how far we've come. Others might disagree, but more and more I get the feeling that the Sabatino Chen debacle last year put us on the national radar more than anything other than (possibly) the win over KU.
I think we gained more from losing that game than winning that game.

A bunch of teams ranked just behind us all lost the same week.

A bunch of teams ranked just behind us all lost the same week.

Ahhhh .... now it makes sense. However (and not be a grammar Nazi or anything) but saying "coupled with a bunch of losses [strike]to[/strike] by teams just behind us in the rankings" would make the meaning clearer.

Ahhhh .... now it makes sense. However (and not be a grammar Nazi or anything) but saying "coupled with a bunch of losses [strike]to[/strike] by teams just behind us in the rankings" would make the meaning clearer.

Thanks for the English lesson, professor. It was probably an auto fill.

so are we thinking no change this week. I don't think anyone immediately in front of us lost. I guess our big chance will come if we beat Oregon State and Oregon.

Seen some early voters release their ballots on twitter. Those have us in the 17-18 range. I am guessing we stay put though.

Week 8 12/30

AP poll: Ranked #20
Last Week: Ranked #21

UofA #1 (Same)
OSU #6 (up 1)
Baylor #9 (up 2)
Oregon #10 (up 2)
KU #16 (same)
UCLA NR (#32 19 Votes)
Harvard (#33 10 Votes)

Coaches Poll:#24
Last Week: #24

UofA #1 (Same)
OSU #6 (up 1)
Oregon #9 (up 1)
Baylor #11 (up 1)
KU #17 (down 1)
UCLA NR (#28 20 votes)

Last edited:
The only thing that may help us is the votes that are shifting around below us. As those teams lose (and voters act like lemmings), everyone starts putting us somewhere in his Top 25. I don't think we move up, but I think our position solidifies.

One thing that could increase our standing would be Harvard moving into the Top 25. They still only have 1 loss. They've got BC and Rice this week. They sweep that and we take care of OSU & OSU then we should be looking at a ratings bump. Harvard definitely goes into the Top 25 next week if it beats UConn. I'd love to be their only loss if they had a UConn win on their resume.

We jumped San Diego State

Oregon now Top 10 in AP, gonna be a big Sunday afternoon match-up...we better take care of business with Oregon State first

We jumped San Diego State

Oregon now Top 10 in AP, gonna be a big Sunday afternoon match-up...we better take care of business with Oregon State first
Oregon is a good team but man top 10?
nah.jpg

I really don't understand the Oregon love. They still haven't beaten anybody. The hoyas remain their best win, and Ole Miss is a good road win, but nothing that jumps out and screams top 10. I hope we run them out of the gym...

Back