1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rankings

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PhillyBuff, Oct 4, 2007.

1. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Can someone explain to me that a 3-2 Colorado team, who lost to a 19th ranked team and a 26th (others votes) and beat the #3 team is ranked below a team that lost to:

unranked to an only 5 votes Michigan, and an unranked Illinois who is 29 in others getting votes and beat the following teams:

Buffalo (unranked)
    Fla Intl (unranked)
    Notre Dame... (ranked #1 in the nation by Regis Philbin)

how is that team ranked ahead of us????

who is that team?

2. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

Penn State

3. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Who cares, it matters more at the end of the season.

4. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

its still bull****.

5. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

It's bull**** that Nebraska is #25, but this week will be their last top 25 ranking for a while.

Sorry fusker fans, you know I go through withdrawls if I don't mention something negative about Nebraska in a thread.:smile2:

6. DustyRhodes

DustyRhodes Active Member

if NU loses, you'll be right.

NU could go 0 for October.

seriously.

7. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

Let's all hope!:thumbsup:

8. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Our schedule will let us move up - ranked teams ahead - gotta crush the doormats and maybe hold to less than 10 points a game. Just gotta win and as hard as this sounds hope the rest of opponents win as well - until they meet the Buffs - maybe high teens by season end?????

9. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

we didn't start ranked and then we lost 2 games--- it is very hard to get into the top 25 that way, even with the big win over ou. don't apply logic to it-- it just has to do with the way they poll.

really, they shouldn't do the first poll until like game 4 or game 5 is over. then, it would be a better gauge of reality.

for our Buffs to get ranked, i think they'll make an appearance in the 20-25 range if they win the next 2 games. a win over ku won't move them up much i don't think. then, if they get thru tech and mizzery, you'll see a nice pop up the rankings--- 2 well-regarded and maybe ranked teams and CU on a nice win streak.

win out until the b12 champ. game and we could see our Buffs as high as 10th i think. win that game and maybe even jump to 6-8. win the bcs game and a top 5 finish is not out of the realm of possibility

for now, i just want to see them beat baylor!

10. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

Whoa whoa whoa! who gives a **** what we are ranked this year. Next year is the year we blow everyone away. And the year after that... we win it all, trust me. (God damn whiskey)

11. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

I hope to be chanting 5 and 7 on Nov. 23rd standing in Folsom as ol' throatslash and the fusker fans leave dejected knowing that they just witnessed the 2nd losing season in four years for the little pinks....:thumbsup:

12. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Unless we are in the top 10, I don't care about rankings. After 10 it doesn't really mean anything. jmo.

BTW huck the fuskers!

13. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

being 2-10 last year probably has something to do with it-

14. Saulbadguy

Saulbadguy Member

KSU is ranked higher the ****BRASKA.

15. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I won't get too wrapped up in rankings just yet. If we finish the year ranked in the top 25 I'll be very happy. That'll mean a lot for recruiting and for season ticket sales next year.

The conference schedule is going to be tough, but we just beat the team everybody thought was the class of the league. Based on that, there's no reason to suspect we can't win the rest of our games.

16. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

If we win the next two, we'll be ranked.

17. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Just gotta hope the rest of the B12 N makes a good showing - being in Boise I know beating a doormat does little good. Boise State would still be on the radar but for the lose to UW - now BSU is hosed as no quality opponents coming up except Hawaii; if you are off the radar you get no love until you win against quality teams - a loss to a good team can be tolerated to make top 15-25. I note ASU is 5 - 0 and FSU is 3-1. That helps. I agree ranking esp at season end help w recruiting. Helps the sales pitch alot.