What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rashard Higgins leaving CSU early for NFL

Higgins is projecting as a 3rd rounder, much higher than I have seen for Spruce. Probably due to his measurables in height and speed but as a college player I think Spruce is a better player and a bigger loss.

I definitely think he would have used any HC job as a stepping stone back to the SEC. However, he drastically increased the talent level and coaching competence at CSU to get them from a 3 win team to a 10 win team in 3 short seasons. I'm not saying he would have made CU a 10 win team in the same time frame, but he would have definitely increased the talent base and had us bowling by now. The flip side, though, is would he have been looking long term enough to demand the facilities upgrade that MM did?

McElwain didn't recruit many (most?) of the studs he won with. And he left Bobo with less studs in the pipeline. Certainly a red flag to watch. Bobo has some work to do up there.

Higgins is projecting as a 3rd rounder, much higher than I have seen for Spruce. Probably due to his measurables in height and speed but as a college player I think Spruce is a better player and a bigger loss.

Spruce seems like the kind of WR the Patriots will draft in the 6th round who will end up being an important cog in their offense.:eek:

Good luck to Higgins. He is probably making the right decision. If he shows well at the combine he could move up to the second round. I don't see him as a first rounder.

Good luck to Higgins. He is probably making the right decision. If he shows well at the combine he could move up to the second round. I don't see him as a first rounder.
Yes, and sticking around another year wouldn't be likely to move him up any.

Back