What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rate the new uniforms

What grade do you give?

• A - perfect balance of modernizing while staying true to CU brand

Votes: 92 50.5%
  • B - really good, but wanted a little something different

Votes: 52 28.6%
  • C - okay, it's decent but nothing special

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • D - sub-standard, but at least it's something

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • F - failure, these really suck

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
Of course it's a matter of taste, just thought I'd voice an opposing opinion, I'm done complaining.

Fine by me if you don't care for them, I'm not going to jump down your throat. I can understand people expecting more.

I'm in the minority, I suppose, but I like the white/black combo. Looks badass.

Fine by me if you don't care for them, I'm not going to jump down your throat. I can understand people expecting more.

No sweat, wasn't trying to make anyone feel like they were jumping down my throat, just done being the naysayer on what is supposed to be a good day.

1.GBB
2.GBG
3.BWW
keep those three the main rotation.
Then throw in the others.

B.

I Like the traditional, really like the grey and the all white "stormtrooper" set. Hate the white/black combo. I guess I wish they would've gone a little crazier with one of the uniforms (maybe not put the COLORADO on the front of that one to keep it from giving some people a stroke), or brought in a gold jersey. Also, maybe an alternate logo (nothing crazy, just a solid gold or silver Ralphie or a CU) for one of the non-gold helmets. That could easily be added at some point if they want to, like they did with the giant Ralphie on the matte blacks last year.

Last edited:
Love all of the combos shown. Sacky, I am with you on the White Black combo. Freaking nice. All Silver/Gray, outstanding. Storm Trooper, bad ass. Classic, perfect update to our brand.

I think I'd like the black/white more if it were a black shirt and white pants. Solid 8 or 9 out of 10

should go triple 4 and add GOLD jersey

What BuffUp said. The school colors are silver and gold. The traditional football colors for the last few decades are black and gold.
Why for the love of Ralphie did we get four pants and four helmets and then just three jerseys, ignoring the single most identifiable color in the CU palette?

What BuffUp said. The school colors are silver and gold. The traditional football colors for the last few decades are black and gold.
Why for the love of Ralphie did we get four pants and four helmets and then just three jerseys, ignoring the single most identifiable color in the CU palette?

If I had to guess... because they knew we'd bitch about the gold jerseys not looking exactly the same as the gold helmets.

Admittedly, it doesn't look right with gold. With the Steel Grey, it looks fine with the helmet being shinier and looking different than the jersey. No one has complained. But translate that same inconsistency into a gold palette and we would have seen a nuclear meltdown tonight.

gold pants are still not matching the helmet.

all whites look good for some teams, for us they look like pajamas. not sure why.

overall, could be worse. like the Hawkins unis. boy, did Nike bend us over there. horrible.

I am liking them but i am in my 40s and irrelevant. This is less about fans and even our current players and more about keepin up with joneses for recruiting.

But oversll the **** that has been accimplished since RG got here regarding funding and constructing facilities, hiring a badass DC and uni changes are really effin impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalry a hgteyiklrye mkwneeeweeeeeweeeewkkolpwpksmk pñyqr

I like it. Would like to see the gold helmet with the grey/silver uni. Overall they did good imo.

I am liking them but i am in my 40s and irrelevant. This is less about fans and even our current players and more about keepin up with joneses for recruiting.

But oversll the **** that has been accimplished since RG got here regarding funding and constructing facilities, hiring a badass DC and uni changes are really effin impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalry a hgteyiklrye mkwneeeweeeeeweeeewkkolpwpksmk pñyqr

I think it's good for fans too. Appeal to those younger fans and have some sweet unis. I know my monkey ass, with nothing to do with CU, wouldn't be a CU fan if I wasn't initially attracted to the unis back in the day. The old fans are already fans and won't be going anywhere even if we roll out Oregon unis.

F.

Really? We lose the sleeve stripes and look like we're wearing practice jerseys.... This Sucks.

ZERO recruits are excited by these which is all that matters. No chrome, no shiny gold and no real effort to stand out IMO.

F For creativity

Last edited:
F.

Really? We lose the sleeve stripes and look like we're wearing practice jerseys.... This Sucks.

ZERO recruits are excited by these which is all that matters. No chrome, no shiny gold and no real effort to stand out IMO.

F For creativity
did you forget the sarcasm font or are you ignoring the buzz on social media?

That's my initial reaction. I was hoping for a Baylorish type gold helmet.

This crap looks so basic. Nothing exciting.

I wanna see our badass logo used like boise on the helmet with a unique pattern in the jersey.

I don't want to see basis high school jerseys. BOooooring.

F.

F For creativity
:rofl:

I'm Ok with the new uni's, just glad they didn't go overboard with an extreme retro look. I wonder what the team as a whole thinks about them & what ones they like the best?

that "colorado" on the jersey front is the same one Barney had. it's a good look, but Nike isn't exactly changing our world upside down with it. they already did it. we paid for it once. we paid for that joke uni thing during the Hawkins era.

hooray nike. we have a whole business school of undergrads or ATLAS that would do "uni design" for free.

they could do it. all gray, all white....hooray. really innovative.

that "colorado" on the jersey front is the same one Barney had. it's a good look, but Nike isn't exactly changing our world upside down with it. they already did it. we paid for it once. we paid for that joke uni thing during the Hawkins era.

hooray nike. we have a whole business school of undergrads or ATLAS that would do "uni design" for free.

they could do it. all gray, all white....hooray. really innovative.

I don't think you understand whAt they wanted to happen. They already said big changes weren't coming and they just wanted to modernize the current look a little. They specifically said they didn't want to go full Oregon so it's not like they lied to anyone.

I don't think you understand whAt they wanted to happen. They already said big changes weren't coming and they just wanted to modernize the current look a little. They specifically said they didn't want to go full Oregon so it's not like they lied to anyone.

you do realize that "modernizing" the current throwback to Coach Mac look is a bit of the contradiction i'm after.

retro chic? i don't think you understand. Nike still can't match our
gold helmet and pant. we were one of the first "Nike schools" under Rick.

think about it.

the unis are the same Nike everyone has now.

Gold isn't matching largely due to the material difference with the helmet and pants.

CU had mentioned before the new unis came out that they weren't going to make a huge change to the normal look. I am not sure what some of you expected, but to each their own, I guess.

I feel bad for Rick George. Just can't please this fan base even though they said it was nothing drastic.

Back