What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rate the new uniforms

What grade do you give?

• A - perfect balance of modernizing while staying true to CU brand

Votes: 92 50.5%
  • B - really good, but wanted a little something different

Votes: 52 28.6%
  • C - okay, it's decent but nothing special

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • D - sub-standard, but at least it's something

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • F - failure, these really suck

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters
Said in the other thread, but the all gray and all white are awesome. Those are A category. The white/black combo is horrid. Gold/black is nice an traditional. Can't complain overall!

I actually think the all grey and all white unis are awful, but the white/black are okay. I hope they wear the traditional ones 99% of the time.

great job overall.

Gold Helmet, White Jersey and White pants will look amazing
Gold Helment, Black Jersey and Black pants will also look amazing

I'm not a fan of most of these combinations and I am a stickler for the gold helmet but it makes our looks a little more flexible and does just the right amount of showing we're not stuck in the past while not dramatically altering the Buff brand. These are tasteful and will look really good once we start winning some games, especially in Folsom.

Hat tip to DABBuff on the Rivals board for finding this. Pretty much the "gold standard" for following uniform trends. (Who knew there was such a thing?)

Anyway, Buffs got high praise for the new unis.

They don’t look too different from their former uniforms, and they actually use school colors(!). If you want a look at some previous CU unis, click here.

As most of you know, even in college where’s it’s more common (and more accepted), I’m not a big fan of monochrome uniforms — but I’ve gotta say that all silver uniform looks my-tee-fine! And of course the classic gold/black/gold will be outstanding as well. I’m imagining some bad combos (that will probably [hopefully] never be worn), but even the worst ones I could dream up (black/silver/gold, for example) probably won’t look that bad. Most of their possible combos will probably look great.

Scroll down LINK to full write-up.

All I ask is that we NEVER Wear white pants without that white jersey.

All I ask is that we NEVER Wear white pants without that white jersey.
If they let the captains choose, we will see it at some point. Nothing against our current or projected captains, it's just that 20 years old and fashion sense do not exactly go together.

The lettering is in italics and wayyyyyyyyyyyy to small. And we need to stick with our colors and stop going to black and white as alternatives.

The lettering is in italics and wayyyyyyyyyyyy to small. And we need to stick with our colors and stop going to black and white as alternatives.
-Every other sport team on campus uses the italics in their font
-The colorado size is just fine
-Other than white this is the first time in decades that black, gold, and silver is being used in normal uniforms and not a throwback for one game

7ish out of 10.

Mentioned it in the main uni thread but...
- All white looks like Navy
- Black jersey/gold pants look like Army
- Steel grey looks like every other team with a grey uniform
- wish the grey was silveryer.
- I, too, don't really like the italic font. I know the rest of the sports wear it, and I don't like it on their uniforms either. It looks "temporary" to me. Maybe like a practice jersey.

In general, I'm a traditionalist and the unis we wore last year are still my favorite. However, if we were going to do this uni change for the kids (recruits), I think we should have gone a little bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"C". Can't stand we have an all grey uniform, and not enough gold options overall. I do like the silver helmet, which would look great with black or white options. No need to introduce some color (grey) which is not our color (I don't see silver there at all, sorry, just my opinion).

Blue - the 80s tribute color of the colorado sky
Grey - the 2000's tribute color of the colorado administration

I'm okay with the update overall. I was actually hoping they went a bit more modern, but understand what they did trying to stick to existing traditions.

I am a little worried that with the pants being essentially straight one color without any trim of the other uni's, they may not look quite as good when the team starts coming out in mixed and matched options, but I will withhold judgment until I actually see them on the field.

"C". Can't stand we have an all grey uniform

Can't think of a single time I have liked the look of gray uniforms. Generally have really hated them really. Guess its the total homer in me, but I actually liked our Silver/Gray's at the unveiling. Will be interesting to see how they look on the field b/c our pictures were either in Balch or the marketing photos. Regardless, no surprise people have different opinions. I REALLY like the new look all around. I have always liked the clean/sharp look vs. all the busy crap that goes on in many uni's today.

3wVbVxw.png

My CSU family said they heard about units today. All said they looked great,especially the gray.

Can't think of a single time I have liked the look of gray uniforms. Generally have really hated them really. Guess its the total homer in me, but I actually liked our Silver/Gray's at the unveiling. Will be interesting to see how they look on the field b/c our pictures were either in Balch or the marketing photos. Regardless, no surprise people have different opinions. I REALLY like the new look all around. I have always liked the clean/sharp look vs. all the busy crap that goes on in many uni's today.

3wVbVxw.png

From wikipedia:

" In Europe and the United States, surveys show that grey is the color most commonly associated with conformity, boredom, uncertainty, old age, indifference, and modesty. Only one percent of respondents chose it as their favorite color.[SUP][9] "

:bang:

[/SUP]

Well, good think we're in the USA and have gray. :nod:

I choose to see them as silver anyway.

from phone

Last edited:
Well, good think we're in the USA and have gray. :nod:

I choose to see them as silver anyway.

from phone

From the same wiki article, "Gray has been the preferred American spelling since approximately 1825..." Get with it, people!

I get the criticism of the gray uniform. If you do a quick google search of silver football jerseys though it becomes pretty apparent what is going on. The metallic silver doesn't translate well to the jersey fabric. No idea why, but all the ones I saw this morning just look light gray. So in a scenario where we either get light gray, or dark gray, I prefer the dark because of the way it interacts with the other uniform options. This whole process was about modernizing the look, and allowing for multiple combinations. They did all that and brought in a stand in for one of the school colors that has been under utilized since the powder blues.

Our "gray" distinguishes itself IMO because of the helmet. Ya, other schools where gray now beacuse apparently it is "in", but none of them have a silver helmet like ours. Which by the way, that silver helmet is amazing.

I like them a lot. What I don't get is they put some features in the uniform, but they don't stand out. Like the horns around the neck or Flatirons in the numbers...they should have colored them so they'd pop. I also would have liked to see the logo changed creatively. The white out and steel gray are nice additions. Okay now guys...new facilities, new unis, new attitude...now we need some new results on the field!!!

Last edited:
C, missed the easiest update of matching metallic colors. Fairly uninspired attempt. Grey is not silver and mustard is not gold. Could have incorporated some more metallic or 3M reflective materials as accents to replace blacks. I also think the whites should have only been made with one extra color:silver or gold (similar to Texass') and they would have looked good.

Last edited:
As someone else stated earlier, I am in my 40's now so my opinion is irrelevant here, but I didn't see anything to get excited about. Buffs continue to fail to keep up with certain others in the conference. I mean did anyone see the amazing new uniforms for Stanford? That S just pops!

As someone else stated earlier, I am in my 40's now so my opinion is irrelevant here, but I didn't see anything to get excited about. Buffs continue to fail to keep up with certain others in the conference. I mean did anyone see the amazing new uniforms for Stanford? That S just pops!

0253usmrf44x59kc1p9x.jpeg

Well the players and recruits love them

Not sure why people are commenting on the Italics like it is new. They were in use on the football uniforms from 1997-2010, and all teams adopted it as the standard in the mid 2000's. I have always thought the italic font matches perfect with the charging Ralphie logo.

I like the use of the gold and silver. All whites ****ing suck; "here comes Ralphie and the trampling tampons!"

Okay. I'll try to do this the right way (since I haven't really shared my full opinion on the uniforms yet). I hope I don't get in trouble with 'Tini.

7/10

At first they were about an 8 or 8.5, but when I saw the combinations, I began to like them less.

Helmets: I really like all of the helmets individually. But I can't imagine liking the white helmet with any of the combinations (I think gold looks better with all whites).

All gray uniform: The best gray uniforms incorporate more color, in my opinion. To me, this all grays look filmy, like the player should be an extra in the 60's era Star Trek show, or maybe a Dr. Seuss character. Honestly, in the reveal, that uniform took a world-class athlete like Nelson Spruce and made him look a little dumpy. Do not like the all gray uniform at all.

Stormtrooper Uniform: It seems this look is favored by schools from little cow towns Okie State, Wyoming and maybe Auburn. I cannot separate that look from those schools. I don't get it, I guess. I think it would be better (as indicated previously) with a gold helmet.

The pants: Fine. They're pants, but I don't see any utility to the white pants. I think gold looks better with white or black jerseys. Maybe the gray pants with the white or black jerseys would be okay?

The jerseys: I really prefer the look of Oregon's most recent jersey's (after the horrible abominations of the Chip Kelley era), and I really like their new gold jersey; I acknowledge that we can't keep up with Oregon in the uniform department (and I don't like Oregon at all). But I was wondering if we would go in that direction. I also generally like the fit and paneling of the **** Baylor (**** Baylor!) uniforms. I think they did a better upgrade than we did.

Also in the jerseys, it seems a lot of people like the traditional black jersey. Me too. However, I still think it falls short of the Barnett era jerseys. Yes, the Barnett jersey's would benefit from a more modern fit, and maybe different stitching. But the traditional jersey, in my opinion, could have incorporated a more traditional look with a more modern fit.

So there you have it. I hope I addressed this topic with the appropriate gravity that it deserves. I have never worn crocs--can 'Tini say the same?

Since they're colors are the same/similar, do you like ours or Wake's more? I like ours.

[tweet]595641160791633920[/tweet]

Back