What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RB already thinning out

He was listed at 5'7" and 195lbs his senior year. DL is 5'-9" and 180. That 15lbs makes a huge difference IMO.
A couple inches taller and EB would have round! And he had small hands, e.g. he fumbled rather regularly. Still he was great and had a singular determination; a trait shared by Lindsay.

I just do not get it. We have had plenty of capable backs come through since RStewert?? and none of theme have seized the opportunity?

I just do not get it. We have had plenty of capable backs come through since RStewert?? and none of theme have seized the opportunity?
Maybe having a combined RB/TE coach (who is a former OL) wasn't such a good idea? In the spring, you could see Lindsay had improved his patience and was learning to use his blockers to set up blocks to his advantage. Other RBs showed similar improvement in technique and style under a rejuvenated Hagan.
HCMM's decision to hire Hagan and shift Adams and Bernardi, may be the moves that save his regime.

Active
1) Lindsay
2) Lee
3) Bisharat

Probable Suspension
4) Gordon

Injured
5) Adkins

Transfered
6) Carr

What looked like a position with plenty of depth now looks like it could be too thin. The BDC reported today that Adkins has been out the entire camp so far with an injury. Gordon will undoubtedly be suspended for at least three games using Falo as a guideline. There are a handful of walk-on RBs on the roster that could well get some playing time. It looks like MacIntyre and Lindgren might have to consider moving away from their preferred platoon system and feed one or two guys more than they would like.
Everyone jumped on the Adkins news at the first pass (myself as well).

If Bisharat can play at this level, why wouldn't we rotate all 3? Personally, I prefer one primary back that only gets a breather when they have been worked a bit too hard on multiple back to back plays - it just clearly hasn't been how MM has done it since he has been here.

Is that what you were after?

Everyone jumped on the Adkins news at the first pass (myself as well).

If Bisharat can play at this level, why wouldn't we rotate all 3? Personally, I prefer one primary back that only gets a breather when they have been worked a bit too hard on multiple back to back plays - it just clearly hasn't been how MM has done it since he has been here.

Is that what you were after?
If we're running a lot of 2 back sets, then I think a 3 man rotation is perfectly acceptable. The problem, up to this point, has been 1 RB sets with 4 or even 5 RBs seeing playing time in any given game (Powell, Adkins, Lindsay, Carr and Lee). That is simply the worst strategy imaginable, IMO.

So what is the Adkins injury? Didn't read he was out for the year...
Well considering it takes him an entire season to get rid of a sprained ankle/pulled hamstring or whatever it was, I would say his season is in jeopardy with any injury.

He couldn't even make it through the first week of Fall Camp without missing time.... Time to move on.
With not getting reps things will take care of themselves and he will bury himself in the depth chart, becomes an "is what it is situation". If he contributors something great and if not I think we have all moved on.

Last edited:
But Michael Adkins is the best running back we have, he occassionally sees the hole, will sometimes make a tackler miss and once every blue moon breaks tackles. He should get the vast majority of carries....if he is ever healthy enough to be on the field.
Ok ok , I will turn the sarcasm font off. To start the season, Lindsay has been and will be our best option and Lee will be a nice outside change of pace. Problem is you kind of know where both are going to run before the play ever even starts.

That being said, if Dino comes back from suspension I would be very very excited to get him on the field. At the end of spring after only seeing a handful of carries I was ready to annoint him the starter (Hey there was lots of potential in those handful of carries!).

I have never been a big Adkins fan at RB, I think he is a great athlete but does not have natural running back instincts. Lee is not a guy who will take 20 carries a game, he is more like a change of pace guy who will spot the starter from time to time and get about 5-7 carries a game. Lindsey is the guy with Bisharat competing. Maybe the lack of RBs will end the MacIntyre regimes love affair with rotating backs all the time.

CU does need to improve its rushing of the football. CU had 23 rushing TDs last year and 2031 yards but UMASS and Nicholls state accounted for ~750 yards and 10 TDs. In Conference play CU had 943 yards and 11 TDs and averaged less than 3 yards per attempt. You have to be closer to 150 yards per game in conference play to keep defenses honest. Everyone talks about the UCLA game and how close it was - we ran for over 200 yards that game.

Although Lee will probably never be a lead back, due to his size, he will be getting a lot more than 5-7 carries a game. Would not doubt it if he averaged 15 or so per game.

CU Buffs' Michael Adkins easing back into practice

You can't make this **** up.

http://www.buffzone.com/football-cu...uffs-michael-adkins-easing-back-into-practice

Adkins who?

The second section about Awini getting more comfortable at WR was good info, though. He could make a difference this season.

Also, in the final notes, already posted but Bobo is working exclusively at WR again while Julmisse is still getting some reps in at DB in case we would need him as an emergency guy this season.

Where the hell are all those that argued for Adkins!?
I am one who thought a lot of Adkins as an RB when healthy. I was willing to think he just had a string of bad luck, but now I think the guy is a china doll and shouldn't be in a P5 backfield...at a minimum he shouldn't be using up a schollie.

I'm still holding out hope Adkins gets on the field and contributes. It seemed pretty clear he was our best back when healthy. Hamstrings can be tough to recover from. Not sure about this new injury, but the article just said he was sitting out a few days. Wasn't he pretty durable his first 2 years?

Anyway, I'd put money on Sefo being our leader in rushing touchdowns and our best weapon in the red zone. I don't think our line will be quite where it needs to be to run in red zone conventionally, and the Sefo keeper was just starting to become an effective weapon right around the time he got injured.

I'm still holding out hope Adkins gets on the field and contributes. It seemed pretty clear he was our best back when healthy. Hamstrings can be tough to recover from. Not sure about this new injury, but the article just said he was sitting out a few days. Wasn't he pretty durable his first 2 years?

Anyway, I'd put money on Sefo being our leader in rushing touchdowns and our best weapon in the red zone. I don't think our line will be quite where it needs to be to run in red zone conventionally, and the Sefo keeper was just starting to become an effective weapon right around the time he got injured.
welcome (back). is your handle an homage to K's China or that chinese place (forgot the name) down by the creek?

2-4-1 Volcano's

Freshman season, suffered a concussion in the 7th game. Didn't play in week 8. Wasn't the same the rest of the year and was not a starter in the remaining games.

Sophomore season, had 16 carries in the opener, then less than 10 carries each of the next 4 weeks. Decided he was ready to roll in game 6 and had high usage in games 6-9, with over 100 yards in games 8 & 9. In game 10, he hurt his knee early and missed the rest of the season. Had minor surgery on it after the year was over.

Sophomore season #2, played well at Hawaii and against UMass (22 & 19 carries, 209 yards with 3 TDs). Then, 1 carry against CSU, going down with a severe hamstring injury that caused him to miss the rest of the year. NCAA granted a medical waiver so that the season counted as a redshirt year.

Back