What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

REAL Alamo Bowl Roll Call

The food and beer lines at the Buff Bash in Santa Clara were ridiculous. 10$ Coors light or Bud. Meh.

In + the wife. Haven't been able to make it to a game yet this year but there is no way we are missing the bowl game. Haven't gone an entire season with out going to at least one game since I was 5.

Last edited:
The food and beer lines at the Buff Bash in Santa Clara were ridiculous. 10$ Coors light or Bud. Meh.

The Buffs Bash in Ann Arbor this year was pretty good. Beers were probably more like $5 (microbrews) and the lines weren't very long. I didn't have any food there.

Oh, and me and 11 others will be at the Alamo Bowl and the Buffs Bash.

I emailed some questions on the Buffs Bash, I will post answers when I get them.
AeroBuff99,
Thanks for reaching out. Due to the structure of the Bowl game, we do have to charge for admission. That $20 for adults and $10 for kids covers admission into the event, as well as the CU swag bag, which is approved to bring into the stadium!
The event will run from 4-7 pm, and be located within walking distance of the Alamodome – location to be finalized in the coming days.
It is absolutely open to everyone!

In with 3 others (2 Ags and 1 horned Frog). Went last year and saw Oregon in an epic collapse that I think set the tone for their 2016 season.

Flying into Dallas that morning and driving down, going to be a quick trip but that was the cheapest I could find.

I HATE driving on 35. Be prepared for several thousand oversized pickups that pretend your car doesn't exist.
Well that's unfortunate to hear, I was trying to go through Houston but there is a group of 5 people on Dallas to ride with and save a ton of money on a rental and gas.

By the way I was really excited about the Alomo bowl but man it is a pain in the ass to get to San Antonio on the cheap.

Last edited:
In with B-I-L and oldest nephew, youngest nephew, wife and sister are making the trip but skipping the game - this is probably a good thing.

Also, oldest nephew is old enough to drive, but too young to drink. Built in DD for the entire weekend sets things up well.

Driving down Tuesday straight through and staying through Friday. We are staying at the Emily Morgan doubletree hotel. Only a mile away from the Alamo dome which will be awesome. So I have a free ticket from the tickets that players get for every game. The three other people are going with all bought student tickets. Should I be concerned that the Argus of the alamo dome isn't going to let me into the student section? Would rather not sit by myself where I don't know anyone around me.

In with Father In Law (he bailed then is back in), brother in law and his son (UT student). Flying in to Dallas Wednesday morning, driving to The Salt Lick, eating like Kings, then on into SA for sleep. Try to get FIL a good rest and nap in before heading to the game.

I created a mobile app so Buff fans can find cool events in San Antonio for the bowl game. We added the Buff Bash to our map so people can find each other. Let me know if you want us to add anything else.
Check it out:

The Buffs Bash in Ann Arbor this year was pretty good. Beers were probably more like $5 (microbrews) and the lines weren't very long. I didn't have any food there.

Oh, and me and 11 others will be at the Alamo Bowl and the Buffs Bash.

Attachments

• roadwarriors_buff_bash.png
    roadwarriors_buff_bash.png
    453.5 KB · Views: 20
In plus the Mrs. Skier. Where are y'all sitting? Section 311 for me.

Staying at the Grand Hyatt on the 29th and then heading to Austin to visit family for New Years.

In plus the Mrs. Skier. Where are y'all sitting? Section 311 for me.

Staying at the Grand Hyatt on the 29th and then heading to Austin to visit family for New Years.
I bought my tickets from the colorado ticket office and have yet to hear anything about where my seats are. Should i be worried?

I bought my tickets from the colorado ticket office and have yet to hear anything about where my seats are. Should i be worried?
No - I went through stubhub to ensure I wasn't in the corner.. I read that they are going to assign seats either midnight tonight (12.9) or tomorrow (12.10). It was a little unclear as to which day seats would be actually assigned.

Driving down Tuesday straight through and staying through Friday. We are staying at the Emily Morgan doubletree hotel. Only a mile away from the Alamo dome which will be awesome. So I have a free ticket from the tickets that players get for every game. The three other people are going with all bought student tickets. Should I be concerned that the Argus of the alamo dome isn't going to let me into the student section? Would rather not sit by myself where I don't know anyone around me.
So just have one of your friends come back out with the other's ticket and then you use it to get in.

Is the game gonna be a sellout or can tickets be had for $100 or less?
About 15 hours drive straight through from Boulder?
Any worthwhile towns to stay in to break up the drive back(and nurse my hangover)?
I've got a young relative/driver that really wants to go so I'm starting to rethink my initial no.

I do realize I could google all of this but would like to rely on all of the legwork already done by most of you.

Is the game gonna be a sellout or can tickets be had for $100 or less?
About 15 hours drive straight through from Boulder?
Any worthwhile towns to stay in to break up the drive back(and nurse my hangover)?
I've got a young relative/driver that really wants to go so I'm starting to rethink my initial no.

I do realize I could google all of this but would like to rely on all of the legwork already done by most of you.
It's seats 72k. I highly doubt it is a sell out

probably the cheapest way to get in is to walk up and buy tix from people standing outside....but that does not help our school defray costs....hopefully a ton of buffs fans show up!

probably the cheapest way to get in is to walk up and buy tix from people standing outside....but that does not help our school defray costs....hopefully a ton of buffs fans show up!
with 5900 sold out of 6000 allotted, the school will be fine. Only worry is if they ask for too many more in a 2d allotment!

Back