What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Reality Check

First Rounders: Solder.

Drafted Buffs: Miller, JSmith

UnDrafted(Invites from Teams): Kasa, McKnight(w/the jets of course), Clemons, Givens, Beatty, Major, and possibly Sipili.

Who am I forgetting?

If Major keeps up his play, there is no way he doesn't go undrafted. The guy is a stud and will only get better! I also thnk Clemons will end up getting drafted in a late round.

Wrong. you are making it sound like I am saying all these guys will go in the DRAFT in one draft year. I admit I was generous, but this is over a period. And in our best years we had way more than 22 taken in a 4 year span.

You are mixing arguments... I know that these kids are not all the same year....

But one TEAM.... had 22 of those players drafted.... so that would be over a finite period of 4 years... I am referring to the 1994 team that had 22 players on that team play in the NFL.... that team had 85 players on it......

If Major keeps up his play, there is no way he doesn't go undrafted. The guy is a stud and will only get better! I also thnk Clemons will end up getting drafted in a late round.
If he keeps up his play. He's still young. I hope he continues to develop. I'm just hesitant with the injuries this guy has went through.

You are mixing arguments... I know that these kids are not all the same year....

But one TEAM.... had 22 of those players drafted.... so that would be over a finite period of 4 years... I am referring to the 1994 team that had 22 players on that team play in the NFL.... that team had 85 players on it......

You keep bringing up DRAFT. I am not talking about draft, and there are only a handful on this team that will be drafted. I bet I could count on one hand guys that will be drafted on this team.

Ya I was I guess, I just went down the roster and picked out names with potential. You are probably correct. Like I said though, I still think we have the talent that a decent coach could at least win a north road game at least once in 5 years.

I don't disagree. There should be enough talent to get 6 wins most years, at the very least.

You keep bringing up DRAFT. I am not talking about draft, and there are only a handful on this team that will be drafted. I bet I could count on one hand guys that will be drafted on this team.

yet 13 more will sign free agent contracts?

are you aware of how many undrafted free agents made NFL rosters this year?

I shouldn't be debating these facts with you..... I just do not see this CU team as that talented. Combine that with the coaching.... we are a below average team in the country.

I shouldn't be debating these facts with you..... I just do not see this CU team as that talented. Combine that with the coaching.... we are a below average team in the country.

Signing a FA contract to be in camp is not the same thing as making a roster.

That was the line that created the confusion. Leash isn't saying they'll be on NFL rosters, he's saying they'll be invited to camps.

He said play on Sundays.... which is arbitrary anyway....

This is exactly the conversation I had with a friend of mine who plays in the NFL earlier this summer. Even he admitted there are a lot of people that get chances at the NFL, but don't make it to the second week of fall camp let alone the first game. Again, I never said MAKE a roster. Every single reply, you have spun my words.

Bingo! There are actually a lot of the guys on the roster who will be playing on Sundays. We even have a couple first and secodn rounders on this team.

I am sorry.... I thought you meant playing in the NFL on Sundays....

I apologize. I am wrong

... OK. I think you have some good points here. I know he is not the first to say our facilities are below par. In fact, I remember Mac being quoted to something like, "Our location makes up for what our facilities lack." I do think our talent level was on par with Mizzou... Definitely not on par with the likes of the power houses, but Mizzou is an above average team, and I think we could be too. I do agree w/ you about taking some of the blame off of Hawk. We can't sell out our 55k stadium, the fan base does not show up well. I would be willing to bet that we are bottom 50% in traveling well. (Minus the Cal game).
I agree that the problems are bigger than the Coach, but DESPITE the negatives, this program has a LOT of positives. If we can get a coach who can make people and players proud to be affiliated w/ the University, all those negatives will not matter IMO.
There has got to be a reason coaches leave CU and have tremendous success else where though... Neuhisel is the only head coach who is in the game, But watson is at #7 nebraska, and Hilfrich is at #3/2 Oregon... We were calling for both of their heads.

You should just make this your first post in every thread. It would save a lot of time...

I am sure that was meant with as much sarcasm as my second sentence......

Last edited:
I agree with that, however, we have talent that a decent staff should be able to play with teams like Toledo, mediocre MIzzou teams, and any other north team on the road.
Keep in mind some of these haven't done much yet, but they have potential from what I've seen.

VERY Possible first couple round draft picks: Solder, Miller, J. Smith, Major (Major could be our next Butkus finalist or winner, very excited about him in the future)

People that could be playing on sundays or at least given a chance by a team: Clemons, Brown, Deehan, McNight, Givens, Kasa, Beatty, Bonsu, Cunningham, Hartigan, Jefferson, Polk, Richardson, Rippy, Sipili, Uzo-Diribe (impressed by him last night), Webb, Walters.

see bolded

Check page 5... look above.....

People that could be playing on sundays or at least given a chance by a team: Clemons, Brown, Deehan, McNight, Givens, Kasa, Beatty, Bonsu, Cunningham, Hartigan, Jefferson, Polk, Richardson, Rippy, Sipili, Uzo-Diribe (imp

no you didnt edit.... you just changed your opinion 1 page later....

sorry for being critical of how good u think our team is... and that is a serious sorry...

no you didnt edit.... you just changed your opinion 1 page later....

sorry for being critical of how good u think our team is... and that is a serious sorry...

People that could be playing on sundays or at least given a chance by a team: Clemons, Brown, Deehan, McNight, Givens, Kasa, Beatty, Bonsu, Cunningham, Hartigan, Jefferson, Polk, Richardson, Rippy, Sipili, Uzo-Diribe (imp

First of all phillybuff, I DO NOT think our team is good. I do think we have some talent. Do we have Florida talent? No, we have talent that should be able to compete with the north, something this incompetent staff has not been able to do.

I do think there is a handful of NFL talent, not as much as I origionally said, and I manned up when someone questioned me and admitted that might not be right. I just like to stir the pot with you because you never have anything nice to say to me, so quite frankly I will argue anything with you. Even when I am wrong, I am still correct when it comes to you.

If you're an asshole to me (something you have always been), then I will disrespect.

Bitching and complaining and not taking any personal responsibility for getting ourselves out of this sh*thole. Join the Buff Club, guys.

Very few here are not members of the Buff Club, and we know of several that donate over 100k a year to CU. Most have emailed Bohn and some of us know major boosters and prominent alumni that give us insights into the program at higher levels. And even major boosters could not get Hawk fired-- even with Bohn on board last year. So sometimes we bitch where we can-- here.

Now I remember what an asshole you were here before. Why don't you GTFO? None of missed you-- and nobody will miss you when you leave again. Buh-bye.

Here is the reason why the original contention that we can't compete because of facilities and fans is horse *****....Boise State, TCU, Air Force, Nevada, Standford, Missouri....all current top 25 teams with no better facilities and not nearly the fan support as the Buffs...did you hear that crowd at MU....you could hear a pin drop. The only part of the original contention that I agree with is the lack of talent due in part to an inability to develop and win enough to recruit decent players.

If this team had a freaking pulse we'd be putting 55K in the stadium every week. Hell, we averaged over 50K last year with a 3-9 team. Any school - Alabama, Florida, Texas, Nebraska, Michigan, ND - ANYBODY who was as bad as CU has been over the last five years would be having trouble selling out it's stadium. The fact that we're typically at around 95% of capacity speaks volumes for the job Bohn has done shining up a turd. Put together 3-4 seasons where we are contending for a BCS bowl, and they'll start dusting off those stadium expansion plans.

Back