1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really good article on Tyler Hansen

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by tante, Feb 13, 2012.

1. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I feel dirty for linking this, but the DP had a very promising article about Hansen. I think this pro-style offense is really going to help us recruit in the future. I would encourage all of you to read the story. Maybe if the DP sees more clicks on stories on the buffs, they will write more.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19951555

dply likes this.
  2. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Nice!

3. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Why did I read the comments? Arrgghhhh! CSU fans are such assholes.

4. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Makes me feel even better about the coaching staff.

5. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Which is funny, because for all of his faults Tyler owned CSU.

6. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

Great article on Hansen and I hope some team takes a flier on him after the draft, he is a hard worker who deserves a shot.

7. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

I can see him signing as a free agent or maybe a very late round pick.

8. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Not to be a dick, but I can't. But hell, Cody was playing in Sweeden somewhere, I think. If Hansen wants to continue his football career, he can probably find a place to play somewhere.

9. buff190

buff190 Club Member Club Member

I agree with Daaah. I was just watching the CU-Utah game the other day and I swear, with a good QB I think we win that game going away. Tyler missed open receivers all over the place in that game.

I thought Tyler looked good at times during his time at CU but he was just too inconsistent. Tyler had a rough time at CU and he always seemed to handle it with class. I will always root for him no matter what he does. He was a great Buff in my mind no matter his abilities on the football field.

10. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

He might be a good fit in Canada. Decent thrower with running skills.

Just not sure that an NFL team is gonna give a shot to a 6' qb that can't throw as well as Drew Brees.

11. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

:rofl: cough....tebow....cough....gag....die

Cuz no, height/weight does not make up for tebow's weaknesses - well, maybe it could with a position change, add about 60 lbs and he could hand off to a real QB.

The whole point was people recognizing what a screw job Tyler got, and if someone is stupid enough to trade up to make sure they get Tebow in the first round, anything is possible. Who thought Kurt Warner would have an NFL career coming out of the AFL, or Doug freaking Flutie from the CFL?

MtnBuff likes this.
  12. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Tyler has some serious limitations as we all saw the last four years but the NFL isn't exactly bursting at the seams with quality back-up QBs. Seeing some of the guys that got sent out on the field this past season and before when a starter went down has to make you think that in the right situation Tyler has more than a decent chance of catching on.

He is short and doesn't have the greatest arm but he has is at least as talented as a number of the guys who made rosters last year. He has also proven that he is a solid teammate and can handle a lot of adversity. He can be ready to play anytime with a minimum of preparation time. It is all going to depend on him getting into the right situation. As he said in the article, all he has to do is convince one team that he is good enough.

13. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I thought we won? Good luck TH!

14. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Don't get me wrong, I hope TH gets a chance.

He's just not in the 6'3" - 6'4" mold, and his arm strength and accuracy are questionable. A back-up role would be nice to see, and I think he might get picked up as a rookie FA. If that doesn't happen, or it does but he's later released, I still think he could make some coin up in Canada.

15. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

He could make it. Hell, Caleb Hanie has been a backup in the league for awhile now for gods sake

16. buff190

Yes we won because their kicker had a bad day. My point was that we should have won "going away", as in, by a good margin, easily, by a few touchdowns, etc, etc. Like I said, I thought Tyler had his moments but he was too inconsistant. I have nothing against Tyler. Great Buff!

17. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

That's pretty much how I feel. However, I didn't see the all-star game that he apparently shined in.

18. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

Tyler doesn't have the talent to be a NFL starter. But... if you're an NFL team, your starting QB is either pretty definite - or it's open for competition. Now, if it's open for competition, you're going to bring guys into camp who have the talent to be a starter - after all, you're looking for a starter. You won't bring Tyler into camp. If your solidified starter is getting old, you're probably going to want to bring someone in who has the potential to be a starter, but isn't there yet (not being "there" could be for a variety of reasons) - I think it's pretty unlikely Tyler gets a shot on a team like this. But, if you know who your starter is, and they are still young and resilient, what do you look for in a back-up? You want someone who can manage a game, generally won't lose the game, and occasionally makes some good plays. You want a great attitude, and, this is key, you don't want someone with the talent to be a starter - they'll either spoil the party or leave fairly quickly. Tyler fits this profile perfectly.

So, NFL teams with zero QB controversy, and a very resilient starter. If Tyler gets a shot to stand on the sideline holding a clipboard as a player - it will be with a team like that. The Packers, Giants, Saints, and maybe Cowboys all spring to mind...

19. buff190

I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I would say that I would be a little surprised...but very happy for him. I mean who knows, maybe it was our bad o-line. Maybe it was our sub-par receiving corp. Maybe it was bad coaching the first few years he was at CU and maybe under the right tutelage he could blossom. I'm just going off of what I saw on saturdays the last couple seasons and I just didn't see an NFL QB.

20. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Agreed

I basically agree with this. You have to wonder what's going through the NFL's collective minds some times on draft day, like when our kidcoach traded up for Tebow. Anything can happen, but I agree you'd have to think he's going to have to work pretty hard to get a steady paycheck in the NFL.

21. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Hansen never really had a chance. The '08, '09 and '10 seasons were agony. I feel especially bad for all of the seniors this past season. The nonsense they had to go through at the hands of you know who was deplorable. I will probably always remain a little bitter about what that guy did. The lesson Embree and staff were trying to teach the players finally looked like it came through in 2 of the last 3 games. I hope the seniors can carry that lesson as they move on and I wish them all the best. They are Buffs-for-Life. All of the returning guys can put the lesson to use as the seasons come and go.

22. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Another article today. This one about Speedy. He was not invited to the combine either.