1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really, why wait??

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by CenturyBuff, Oct 17, 2010.

1. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

I mean, everyone knows (well, everyone but Hawk) that this coaching fiasco is like a bad marriage that has crumbled far beyond any salvation--maybe "burned to the ground" is a better way to put it.

We're looking at a likely 5-7 record, maybe 6-6. I think the best hope for the Sr's to get to a bowl is to get Hawk outta here asap, a move that would galvanize the fanbase.

In Hawk's reign, he's lost back to back games 7 times. He's had three three game losing streaks, one four game losing streak and a six game losing streak. Losses in the next two games would add another 4 game losing streak. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for "Two Point" Danny, end it now and send him on his way. Yes, it would make Senior day even more awkward, but hell, it's gonna be awkward enough anyway.

2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I agree. Fire him today. Well, maybe it's a little late today. Do it tomorrow.

3. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

...have a Snickers???

4. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I worry about recruiting with Hawk still in place. Everyone knows he's gone and if they ****can him now, that gives them the jump on finding a replacement and saving the recruiting class.

5. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

Very true. I'm sure we lost out on last year's class due to the precarious coaching situation, and this cannot be helping again this year. On the bright side, there was apparently one commit (3* RB from Texas) after yesterday's game--more info on the recruiting board.

But we gotta send the message out to the other prospective recruits that we are done with Hawk, the longer this program flails around with him, the worse it'll be, and losing 2 straight recruiting classes only sets up the next coach for trouble in a few years.

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

The only reason that I can think that we're waiting is due to buyout finances, but I have no idea. Seems completely illogical at this point.

7. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

This is the only one I can think of too but in my opinion it is penny wise but pound foolish. It's going to cost more to fix the damage Hawk does to the program between now and Dec. than it would to fire him now and pay the buyout. Hawk is like a huge brick dragging this team deeper and deeper into oblivion and every second we wait to free ourselves from him widens the gap (and increases the cost) between us and where we want to be. We need to cut him loose now.

8. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

We lost to ****in Baylor yet again **** my life!

9. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I worry about everything with DII still here. This is a complete joke that we are letting this guy roam the sidelines the rest of this year. This is a clear message from the CU administration that they do not care about football and would rather kill it off completely.

5-7, 6-6? Are you smoking crack? This team is spiraling downhill fast. We will be lucky if we win another game this year, even with KU on the schedule.