What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Really, why wait??

CenturyBuff

I mean, everyone knows (well, everyone but Hawk) that this coaching fiasco is like a bad marriage that has crumbled far beyond any salvation--maybe "burned to the ground" is a better way to put it.

We're looking at a likely 5-7 record, maybe 6-6. I think the best hope for the Sr's to get to a bowl is to get Hawk outta here asap, a move that would galvanize the fanbase.

In Hawk's reign, he's lost back to back games 7 times. He's had three three game losing streaks, one four game losing streak and a six game losing streak. Losses in the next two games would add another 4 game losing streak. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for "Two Point" Danny, end it now and send him on his way. Yes, it would make Senior day even more awkward, but hell, it's gonna be awkward enough anyway.

I agree. Fire him today. Well, maybe it's a little late today. Do it tomorrow.

I worry about recruiting with Hawk still in place. Everyone knows he's gone and if they ****can him now, that gives them the jump on finding a replacement and saving the recruiting class.

I worry about recruiting with Hawk still in place. Everyone knows he's gone and if they ****can him now, that gives them the jump on finding a replacement and saving the recruiting class.

Very true. I'm sure we lost out on last year's class due to the precarious coaching situation, and this cannot be helping again this year. On the bright side, there was apparently one commit (3* RB from Texas) after yesterday's game--more info on the recruiting board.

But we gotta send the message out to the other prospective recruits that we are done with Hawk, the longer this program flails around with him, the worse it'll be, and losing 2 straight recruiting classes only sets up the next coach for trouble in a few years.

The only reason that I can think that we're waiting is due to buyout finances, but I have no idea. Seems completely illogical at this point.

The only reason that I can think that we're waiting is due to buyout finances, but I have no idea. Seems completely illogical at this point.

This is the only one I can think of too but in my opinion it is penny wise but pound foolish. It's going to cost more to fix the damage Hawk does to the program between now and Dec. than it would to fire him now and pay the buyout. Hawk is like a huge brick dragging this team deeper and deeper into oblivion and every second we wait to free ourselves from him widens the gap (and increases the cost) between us and where we want to be. We need to cut him loose now.

I worry about everything with DII still here. This is a complete joke that we are letting this guy roam the sidelines the rest of this year. This is a clear message from the CU administration that they do not care about football and would rather kill it off completely.

5-7, 6-6? Are you smoking crack? This team is spiraling downhill fast. We will be lucky if we win another game this year, even with KU on the schedule.

Back