What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Reason for Bzdelik resignation...

Creebuzz

Climate Refugee
Club Member
So I'm perusing Go AZ Cats message board, checking their reaction to losing Brown and Tui, then I read this little nugget that Buzz left CU because "a player he wanted was denied admission to CU, but admitted to Duke. He resigned the next day". Never heard that and find it highly doubtful. Iirc, he was obviously negotiating with Wake for some time behind the scenes. Anyone hear this rumor? BS?

Interesting....there was a big man we were after that Coach K was after too. I think it was the big man from the College of Southern Idaho. Maybe it was him? Nik - you're the guru on this stuff who was it? I seem to remember this kid was going to have entrance issues.

I thought I heard that Bzz was frustrated with admissions....

That story is sort of true. There was a JUCO transfer that Bzdelik wanted, Aziz N'Diaye. He cleared Duke but he didn't have enough credits that could transfer into CU. So he would have needed a few courses over summer school to get himself on the eligibility track and admitted in the fall.

We'll have to play him next year. He ended up signing with Washington.

Anyway, this played into it for BZ but was not the entire reason.

Bz was very frustrated with the admissions dpt.

I think most knew this was a stepping stone for Bz to jump to better things. I just thought he would've given it one more year. I really don't have any hard feelings for him going to Wake Forest. If you get a chance to coach in the ACC, you jump at it.

Thanks, Nik. Interesting reading over on the Zona board. Little seeds of fear developing over EB's recruiting. Excellent.

Back