1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reason for Bzdelik resignation...

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Creebuzz, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

So I'm perusing Go AZ Cats message board, checking their reaction to losing Brown and Tui, then I read this little nugget that Buzz left CU because "a player he wanted was denied admission to CU, but admitted to Duke. He resigned the next day". Never heard that and find it highly doubtful. Iirc, he was obviously negotiating with Wake for some time behind the scenes. Anyone hear this rumor? BS?

2. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Interesting....there was a big man we were after that Coach K was after too. I think it was the big man from the College of Southern Idaho. Maybe it was him? Nik - you're the guru on this stuff who was it? I seem to remember this kid was going to have entrance issues.

3. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I thought I heard that Bzz was frustrated with admissions....

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That story is sort of true. There was a JUCO transfer that Bzdelik wanted, Aziz N'Diaye. He cleared Duke but he didn't have enough credits that could transfer into CU. So he would have needed a few courses over summer school to get himself on the eligibility track and admitted in the fall.

We'll have to play him next year. He ended up signing with Washington.

Anyway, this played into it for BZ but was not the entire reason.

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Bz was very frustrated with the admissions dpt.

I think most knew this was a stepping stone for Bz to jump to better things. I just thought he would've given it one more year. I really don't have any hard feelings for him going to Wake Forest. If you get a chance to coach in the ACC, you jump at it.

6. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Thanks, Nik. Interesting reading over on the Zona board. Little seeds of fear developing over EB's recruiting. Excellent.