1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reassure Me

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by El Gringo, Sep 25, 2008.

1. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

With my wife out of town this week, I was able to rewatch both the CSU and WVU games. I also watched the FSU-Wake game.

Watching the o-line, Solder seemed to do very well in his pass blocking. I can't recall the ends ever getting around him. Then I watched the FSU d-end and had to check to make sure my DVR was not on fast-forward. Good gawd is Everette Brown (#99) fast. There were a couple of times that I was certain he was off-sides, but the refs never called it.

The CSU and WVU d-ends looked very slow in comparison, relying on a bull rush that Solder was able to handle. But how will he do against a DE that runs like a RB? I'd like to think that, with Solder's time as a TE, he has enough lateral speed to cut Brown off, but I gotta be honest, #99 scares the **** out me.

Anyone care to offer some reassurance? Maybe they'll use the FB/H-Back/TE to double team him?

2. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

We're doomed. We're going up against the '85 bears, a team who has gone 15-12 the last two years.:wow:

3. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

I assure you the Buffs will be playing football on Saturday afternoon.

4. CityBuffT

CityBuffT New Member

I do remember those exact plays when big ol #99 was flyin in there... But watch a little screen to Speedy fly by all of em for a couple big plays...

It's going to be a hell of a game.

5. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

Interestingly enough, the Buffs have more in common with the '85 Bears (Cabral) than the Semenholes.

For the record, I fully expect a win in a low scoring game. The Buffs O has been touch and go (but showed improvement last week) while the FSU D is very good (not '85 bears good). Our D has also been very good, averaging less than 2 td's given up per game, going up against an FSU O that has completely jumped the tracks.

My post was focused on Brown who was very impressive against the Demon Deacons.

6. Unleash Hell

I know, sorry. Yes he was and he will be a challenge to defend.

7. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

All we have to do is have one guy hold him while another guy blocks his knee from the side. Then anyone around can step on his neck.

8. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I heard Everette Brown has a hang nail on his big toe. Should slow him up a bit.

9. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

My worry is that if FSU wins, it will be by defense scoring from tipped balls or INTs. hell, throw fumbles in too. I don't think their offense will beat CU's D; but if we don't get the higher amount of turnovers it might be real tight for CU.

10. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

And the seminoles are saying they are playing a team that's gone 8-17 over the past 2 years.:wow:

To avoid threads like this,we should all just post

cu 63 fsu 7 That way we'll be a-okay:rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  11. 96 Buff

That's eerily close to my prediction, syko. You stealin' my ****?

12. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Honestly, this is where I am too. I have visions of mid-90s games against NU in my head.:huh:

13. 96 Buff

Satan, I cast thee out!

14. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

No way, your gem is noted:smile2:

15. Unleash Hell

Thank you

16. BuffsBaby

BuffsBaby Guest

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNGyy9oiusY"]YouTube - DE Everette Brown Highlights FSU vs Wake 9/20/08[/ame]

Everrette Brown highlights vs Wake

17. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea it sure did like he was offsides on a few of those plays.

18. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I wonder if instead of standard pass blocking where you back up and try to keep the defender in front of you if it would be best to move at him and hit him to cut off the angle so he can't get around a easily. It seem if you step up or back he'll burn the slower O lineman.

19. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

The problem with that is that offensive linemen can't cross the line of scrimmage on pass plays where the ball is thrown over the line of scrimmage. That's how you get illegal man downfield penalties. So in pass protection, the O-line needs to take a step back to avoid this problem.

20. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

They can step forward, pop, and recoil back.

21. BuffsBaby

BuffsBaby Guest

nope, he just jumped the gun perfect twice...no offsides there more like luck

22. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Couple of hard counts to draw him offside should help slow him down.

23. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

This guy scares me but, frankly, I'm more worried about tipped passes at the LOS from Cody. Wake Forrest's QB had 3-4 passes batted down and he's 6'1". Cody is 5'11" with his cleates on and a fauxhawk and has a well known history of getting passes tipped/blocked. This is one of the few real problems I have with Cody - his chronic problem with passes tipped/blocked by pass rushers. With the way the FSU Dline plays I think we should expect at least 3-5 passes to get a touch at the LOS which I hope will drop to the ground and not get intercepted (ala CSU). :sad1:

24. Buffsfan09

Buffsfan09 Member

I'm going to give the FSU Defense it's full due respect....but I will say most of this respect is coming from one game against one FBS opponent. This defense could be so confused by the various sets CU throws at them that they get lost and BLOWN away. Going to be some new players on the field that haven't seen live action in months. Are they going to fold..not likely...but who knows. Let's Get It On...