What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Reassure Me

El Gringo

Something witty and clever
Club Member
With my wife out of town this week, I was able to rewatch both the CSU and WVU games. I also watched the FSU-Wake game.

Watching the o-line, Solder seemed to do very well in his pass blocking. I can't recall the ends ever getting around him. Then I watched the FSU d-end and had to check to make sure my DVR was not on fast-forward. Good gawd is Everette Brown (#99) fast. There were a couple of times that I was certain he was off-sides, but the refs never called it.

The CSU and WVU d-ends looked very slow in comparison, relying on a bull rush that Solder was able to handle. But how will he do against a DE that runs like a RB? I'd like to think that, with Solder's time as a TE, he has enough lateral speed to cut Brown off, but I gotta be honest, #99 scares the **** out me.

Anyone care to offer some reassurance? Maybe they'll use the FB/H-Back/TE to double team him?

I assure you the Buffs will be playing football on Saturday afternoon.

I do remember those exact plays when big ol #99 was flyin in there... But watch a little screen to Speedy fly by all of em for a couple big plays...

It's going to be a hell of a game.

We're doomed. We're going up against the '85 bears, a team who has gone 15-12 the last two years.:wow:

Interestingly enough, the Buffs have more in common with the '85 Bears (Cabral) than the Semenholes.

For the record, I fully expect a win in a low scoring game. The Buffs O has been touch and go (but showed improvement last week) while the FSU D is very good (not '85 bears good). Our D has also been very good, averaging less than 2 td's given up per game, going up against an FSU O that has completely jumped the tracks.

My post was focused on Brown who was very impressive against the Demon Deacons.

Interestingly enough, the Buffs have more in common with the '85 Bears (Cabral) than the Semenholes.

For the record, I fully expect a win in a low scoring game. The Buffs O has been touch and go (but showed improvement last week) while the FSU D is very good (not '85 bears good). Our D has also been very good, averaging less than 2 td's given up per game, going up against an FSU O that has completely jumped the tracks.

My post was focused on Brown who was very impressive against the Demon Deacons.

I know, sorry. Yes he was and he will be a challenge to defend.

My worry is that if FSU wins, it will be by defense scoring from tipped balls or INTs. hell, throw fumbles in too. I don't think their offense will beat CU's D; but if we don't get the higher amount of turnovers it might be real tight for CU.

We're doomed. We're going up against the '85 bears, a team who has gone 15-12 the last two years.:wow:

And the seminoles are saying they are playing a team that's gone 8-17 over the past 2 years.:wow:

To avoid threads like this,we should all just post

cu 63 fsu 7 That way we'll be a-okay:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's eerily close to my prediction, syko. You stealin' my ****?

My worry is that if FSU wins, it will be by defense scoring from tipped balls or INTs. hell, throw fumbles in too. I don't think their offense will beat CU's D; but if we don't get the higher amount of turnovers it might be real tight for CU.

Honestly, this is where I am too. I have visions of mid-90s games against NU in my head.:huh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNGyy9oiusY"]YouTube - DE Everette Brown Highlights FSU vs Wake 9/20/08[/ame]

Everrette Brown highlights vs Wake

I wonder if instead of standard pass blocking where you back up and try to keep the defender in front of you if it would be best to move at him and hit him to cut off the angle so he can't get around a easily. It seem if you step up or back he'll burn the slower O lineman.

I wonder if instead of standard pass blocking where you back up and try to keep the defender in front of you if it would be best to move at him and hit him to cut off the angle so he can't get around a easily. It seem if you step up or back he'll burn the slower O lineman.

The problem with that is that offensive linemen can't cross the line of scrimmage on pass plays where the ball is thrown over the line of scrimmage. That's how you get illegal man downfield penalties. So in pass protection, the O-line needs to take a step back to avoid this problem.

The problem with that is that offensive linemen can't cross the line of scrimmage on pass plays where the ball is thrown over the line of scrimmage. That's how you get illegal man downfield penalties. So in pass protection, the O-line needs to take a step back to avoid this problem.

They can step forward, pop, and recoil back.

This guy scares me but, frankly, I'm more worried about tipped passes at the LOS from Cody. Wake Forrest's QB had 3-4 passes batted down and he's 6'1". Cody is 5'11" with his cleates on and a fauxhawk and has a well known history of getting passes tipped/blocked. This is one of the few real problems I have with Cody - his chronic problem with passes tipped/blocked by pass rushers. With the way the FSU Dline plays I think we should expect at least 3-5 passes to get a touch at the LOS which I hope will drop to the ground and not get intercepted (ala CSU). :sad1:

I'm going to give the FSU Defense it's full due respect....but I will say most of this respect is coming from one game against one FBS opponent. This defense could be so confused by the various sets CU throws at them that they get lost and BLOWN away. Going to be some new players on the field that haven't seen live action in months. Are they going to fold..not likely...but who knows. Let's Get It On...

Back