What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap of CU-Cal

One.

None of you came to talk basketball a month ago for our first game. Flukes dropped by and whined that your team couldn't beat women's teams and that you were a "joke". Thus, this qualifies.

Re: football. Not sure Dykes is the right fit for you guys. I'm not implying it's going to be a disaster or anything, but it's hard for me to see how Dykes is going to do any better than the standard Tedford set. We've got a long way to go, but MacIntyre looks to be fantastic fit for us. I'm sure some of you have convinced yourselves otherwise, but thanks in advance for letting us take him out of your backyard. Hope it works out well for both schools.

Meh, both are Southern guys coaching at not so southern schools. We'll see.

I avoided this thread out of respect for your elders here but it blew up recently and wound up on our board. Face it, you weren't complimentary and your post left nothing open for interpretation. At least man-up about that fact. "Haas is a cool place...now let me expound upon why it sucked and why Cal fans suck."

You whined about the PA system and lighting at Haas and the passive aggressiveness of Cal fans. You even compared us to the grumpy old man who cuts in line at the supermarket. I haven't been passive aggressive all year. Inebriated and a completely senseless asshat while posting? Guilty. Passive Aggressive? Never. Guess you weren't ready for 10,000 screaming hippies ready for you. Now you know. Be grateful I didn't correct all the grammatical mistakes in your initial post and and then re-post it with a C- grade. While I'm at it, kick down some money to AllBuffs and get yourself an Avatar. How's that for passive aggressive Mr. back tracking tough guy?

Flukes, what did you honestly expect? You're Cal fans. No one was even going to your games until 3 weeks ago. I'm not sitting here claiming our fan base is Kentucky's, but comparatively speaking, CU's fans bring it a hell of a lot more than Cal's.

I avoided this thread out of respect for your elders here but it blew up recently and wound up on our board. Face it, you weren't complimentary and your post left nothing open for interpretation. At least man-up about that fact. "Haas is a cool place...now let me expound upon why it sucked and why Cal fans suck."

You whined about the PA system and lighting at Haas and the passive aggressiveness of Cal fans. You even compared us to the grumpy old man who cuts in line at the supermarket. I haven't been passive aggressive all year. Inebriated and a completely senseless asshat while posting? Guilty. Passive Aggressive? Never. Guess you weren't ready for 10,000 screaming hippies ready for you. Now you know. Be grateful I didn't correct all the grammatical mistakes in your initial post and and then re-post it with a C- grade. While I'm at it, kick down some money to AllBuffs and get yourself an Avatar. How's that for passive aggressive Mr. back tracking tough guy?

Oh ****, sensitive grammar police is on to me. I better come up with a witty reply.

Or not.

Meh, both are Southern guys coaching at not so southern schools. We'll see.

Dykes sticks out like a neo-con chick who shaves and showers in Berkeley. We're quite comfortable with our hire. I've heard some of your fans and media feeling a bit disappointed about how things turned out. Still, you all got your wish for a new start. Even if Dykes fails, it should be in entertaining fashion. I'm just not sure I see this leading to your long awaited Rose Bowl. But, we're just trying to get back to any bowl at this point.

Flukes, what did you honestly expect? You're Cal fans. No one was even going to your games until 3 weeks ago. I'm not sitting here claiming our fan base is Kentucky's, but comparatively speaking, CU's fans bring it a hell of a lot more than Cal's.

I would agree with this. We do tend to jump on when we're on a roll. Football will be different this year IMO for both schools. Basketball is a different beast and it changes weekly which is why I appreciate so many threads here. I would have bet you good money 3 weeks ago that we were NIT bound and you were a 6 or 7 seed lock. Things change and I have enjoyed all my CU experiences-this board included. I did my best to stay out of this BS because I understand that all fan bases are delusional. I like to keep my smack talk to before the game. I think it's most entertaining when the outcome is unknown. Afterwards, everyone knows who won and how. It looses appeal. The next game is all that matters. I believe we're both in agreement on this and I respect you posts on these topics.

Dykes sticks out like a neo-con chick who shaves and showers in Berkeley. We're quite comfortable with our hire. I've heard some of your fans and media feeling a bit disappointed about how things turned out. Still, you all got your wish for a new start. Even if Dykes fails, it should be in entertaining fashion. I'm just not sure I see this leading to your long awaited Rose Bowl. But, we're just trying to get back to any bowl at this point.

Maybe he'll make something of that Utah rivalry.

You seem to have joined the bulk of the Cal crowd in not understanding what is happening this thread.

But tone deaf is what you do best on Allbuffs. At least they have an excuse.

And just to clarify, I only replied to you because your reply was weak. If you want to talk sh*t to Cal, do better. Don't be pissed at me for calling you out on it. We're CU, we should be witty, topical, and funny :).

I would agree with this. We do tend to jump on when we're on a roll. Football will be different this year IMO for both schools. Basketball is a different beast and it changes weekly which is why I appreciate so many threads here. I would have bet you good money 3 weeks ago that we were NIT bound and you were a 6 or 7 seed lock. Things change and I have enjoyed all my CU experiences-this board included. I did my best to stay out of this BS because I understand that all fan bases are delusional. I like to keep my smack talk to before the game. I think it's most entertaining when the outcome is unknown. Afterwards, everyone knows who won and how. It looses appeal. The next game is all that matters. I believe we're both in agreement on this and I respect you posts on these topics.

It's been a tale of two seasons for you guys. You have every right to be excited about where you're at now, although truth be told, you never should have started the season so poorly. Truly shocking. Most teams that fail to win a single quality OOC game, and then start the conference season the way you did are doomed and hoping they can just wrap things up on a decent note in the NIT. Now, here you are heading to the Dance.

There seems to be this perception that CU has fallen apart a bit, which is actually quite false. Yes, we started the season very hot winning that Charleston Classic and picking up some nice OOC wins. However, we started conference play 1-4, and have since gone 8-3. Truth be told, the adversity of that 1-4 start could have been enough to cause our young team to collapse, especially with how that Arizona game went down. However, they shook it off and have played well enough to keep ourselves in great position to make the NCAA Tournament with 2 regular season games remaining (I'm not trying to jinx anything). We've had our frustrating losses, and the game at Cal was simply one of those days for us. Yet, the fact we're in this position with such a young team is pretty remarkable. Overall, it has been a season to be proud of.

You sure you want this fight? There are about 14 posters here who can rock the smack talk. This one is one of them. Tread lightly young ursa.

Hey, Utah-CU has to be thing. Pretty sure LS made that a law. We like things in pairs. :rofl:

Maybe he'll make something of that Utah rivalry.

I'm going to go easy on you for now because it's late, and truth be told, I feel sorry for you being so excited about a home win over CU that you feel the need to lurk here for days on end. However, you're in no position to talk. At least we own Utah. You trail all 3 California Pac rivals by significant margins and your last major bowl game was in 1959. As bad as CU was last year, at least we didn't go winless. Something Cal has managed to do in the modern era (you may not have been on the bandwagon then, kind of like you with Cal basketball 3 weeks ago). A few Armed Forces Bowls under Tedford doesn't make Cal a big dog. I'll look forward to bringing up this conversation a few years down the road when the Cal fan sentiment is "We miss Ted! wahhh wahh wahhh!", although I suppose it'll be hard to find you since you only crawl out after rare Cal wins. Don't kid yourself, I tried to be nice, but let's face it: Dykes is going to fail. I know it, you know it. You continue to read things on your Cal sites that make you feel a little more comfortable, but deep down you know where this is headed. Because truth be told, it's the same familiar cycle of all major sports for Cal when push comes to shove: failure.

Hey, Utah-CU has to be thing. Pretty sure LS made that a law. We like things in pairs. :rofl:

That's the same MFLS who has thus far failed to put the P12N on DTV

ahe4a9us.jpg

Full disclosure: I have a little cash on CU against Oregon. In fact, one could say the repayment of my PAC 12 tourney trip to Vegas (which is already booked and paid for) is somewhat contingent on me winning my existing wager. I was stoked to have placed such a bet at the time. I'm a little worried now. The last time I bet big on Colorado was the WSU/CU football game which was played in Boulder in the prior year. That was a rather costly venture. This next one is more serious. I can't do much about it now but cheer on the Buffs. I'm not worried about the dance, I'm worried about the Buffs beating Oregon at CU. So use your magic, pack the house and destroy Oregon. Can you do that?

It's been a tale of two seasons for you guys. You have every right to be excited about where you're at now, although truth be told, you never should have started the season so poorly. Truly shocking. Most teams that fail to win a single quality OOC game, and then start the conference season the way you did are doomed and hoping they can just wrap things up on a decent note in the NIT. Now, here you are heading to the Dance.

There seems to be this perception that CU has fallen apart a bit, which is actually quite false. Yes, we started the season very hot winning that Charleston Classic and picking up some nice OOC wins. However, we started conference play 1-4, and have since gone 8-3. Truth be told, the adversity of that 1-4 start could have been enough to cause our young team to collapse, especially with how that Arizona game went down. However, they shook it off and have played well enough to keep ourselves in great position to make the NCAA Tournament with 2 regular season games remaining (I'm not trying to jinx anything). We've had our frustrating losses, and the game at Cal was simply one of those days for us. Yet, the fact we're in this position with such a young team is pretty remarkable. Overall, it has been a season to be proud of.

Last edited:
I'm going to go easy on you for now because it's late, and truth be told, I feel sorry for you being so excited about a home win over CU that you feel the need to lurk here for days on end. However, you're in no position to talk. At least we own Utah. You trail all 3 California Pac rivals by significant margins and your last major bowl game was in 1959. As bad as CU was last year, at least we didn't go winless. Something Cal has managed to do in the modern era (you may not have been on the bandwagon then, kind of like you with Cal basketball 3 weeks ago). A few Armed Forces Bowls under Tedford doesn't make Cal a big dog. I'll look forward to bringing up this conversation a few years down the road when the Cal fan sentiment is "We miss Ted! wahhh wahh wahhh!", although I suppose it'll be hard to find you since you only crawl out after rare Cal wins. Don't kid yourself, I tried to be nice, but let's face it: Dykes is going to fail. I know it, you know it. You continue to read things on your Cal sites that make you feel a little more comfortable, but deep down you know where this is headed. Because truth be told, it's the same familiar cycle of all major sports for Cal when push comes to shove: failure.

I don't think I've mentioned the game :)
Also, I was on here last week and recommended some places, turns out your BA alumni group was at one of the bars I suggested. Met some people. No mention of any home win over anyone though.

Don't take it easy on me though, you can be as big a keyboard warrior as you'd like. I'll still post sporadically as I have been, so long as my brother is CU student (who also posts here :thumbsup:)

Last edited:
Full disclosure: I have a little cash on CU against Oregon. In fact, one could say the repayment of my PAC 12 tourney trip to Vegas (which is already booked and paid for) is somewhat contingent on me wining my existing wager. I was stoked to have placed such a bet at the time. I'm a little worried now. The last time I bet big on Colorado was the WSU/CU football game which was played in Boulder in the prior year. That was a rather costly venture. This next one is more serious. I can't do much about it now but cheer on the Buffs. I'm not worried about the dance, I'm worried about the Buffs beating Oregon at CU. So use your magic, pack the house and destroy Oregon. Can you do that?

Oregon is weird, because Altman has them more effective on the road than any team in the Pac. However, Tad knows how to beat Oregon (3-1) and CU is going to be fired up after sitting on a terrible performance for 5 days. The Keg is going to be rocking, and we're quite tough at home (something you Bears know firsthand). I'm not making any guarantees, but this should be a CU win. RealTimeRPI, which I follow quite closely, gives CU a 63.1% chance of winning (nearly the exact same number they had for Cal at home against CU) and predicts 71-62 Buffs. Also, we just had a game in which Dinwiddie, Booker and Roberson were all off on offense. That simply isn't going to happen back to back games.

Last edited:
Ok then. I could use a six point victory or higher. Hopefully the Cal game gets everyone mad and performing better. :thumbsup:

Oregon is weird, because Altman has them more effective on the road than any team in the Pac. However, Tad knows how to beat Oregon (3-1) and CU is going to be fired up after sitting on a terrible performance for 5 days. The Keg is going to be rocking, and we're quite tough at home (something you Bears know firsthand). I'm not making any guarantees, but this should be a CU win. RealTimeRPI, which I follow quite closely, gives CU a 63.1% chance of winning (nearly the exact same number they had for Cal at home against CU) and predicts 71-62 Buffs. Also, we just had a game in which Dinwiddie, Booker and Roberson were all off on offense. That simply isn't going to happen back to back games.

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;OF1ibbbq2Y8]http://youtu.be/OF1ibbbq2Y8[/video]

Don't take it easy on me though, you can be as big a keyboard warrior as you'd like. I'll still post sporadically as I have been, so long as my brother is CU student (who also posts here :thumbsup:)

Good. We need some more of that over here. We also need a sober posting bear. I hope your brother doesn't post as "Gold" here.

Good. We need some more of that over here. We also need a sober posting bear. I hope your brother doesn't post as "Gold" here.

Naw. We're fairly certain he's dyslexic though so just look out for signs. Truth be told, he's a Bruin at heart and prob effed up in the head, poor kid.

I don't think I've mentioned the game :)
Also, I was on here last week and recommended some places, turns out your BA alumni group was at one of the bars I suggested. Met some people. No mention of any home win over anyone though.

I merely speak the truth and use facts. Surely you agree that Cal has enjoyed (suffered?) - by far - a drastic overall lack of success in football and men's basketball compared to your 3 intrastate rivals.

Post here all you want. In fact, you'll do your school and fan base a lot more good if you appear both when times are good and bad.

Last edited:
Ok then. I could use a six point victory or higher. Hopefully the Cal game gets everyone mad and preforming better. :thumbsup:

I appreciate you laying down some of your salary on a favorable Buffs outcome when the Ducks visit the Keg. You better have not jinxed us with your bettin' money.

I merely speak the truth and use facts. Surely you agree that Cal has enjoyed (suffered?) - by far - a drastic lack of success in football and men's basketball compared to your 3 intrastate rivals.

Post here all you want. In fact, you'll do your school and fan base a lot more good if you appear both when times are good and bad.

Of course, never said otherwise. Also, considering I joined in the midst of a very "bad time" for Cal football (end of the JT era), I've got that covered. I'm pretty sure I've never once gloated about a Cal win on here. Not my style.

You can neg rep Tini if you lose. He's calling it not me. I'm worried. The Audi could use 4 new treads and I need a new dishwasher. That's in addition to the cost of the Vegas trip. Calculate those expenses and you'll figure out where I'm at..how's that for faith in a rival? So yeah, you have at least one Cal fan on your side. Just win.

You can neg rep Tini if you lose. He's calling it not me. I'm worried. The Audi could use 4 new treads and I need a new dishwasher. That's in addition to the cost of the Vegas trip. Calculate those expenses and you'll figure out where I'm at..how's that for faith in a rival? So yeah, you have at least one Cal fan on your side. Just win.

We've got a lot to play for. Locking the NCAA Tournament bid (hopefully improving seeding a bit, too).

Interesting. Tini and Flukes both drive Audis.

Carry on.

Hope so. BTW...I'm not at 6 points. I'm on a custom line. I'm optimistic but extremely nervous.

If Oregon plays like they have been lately, this one is ours. If Oregon gels with Artis back (they played poorly with him back against Oregon State at home) and plays at the level they were in January, it'll be really close.

Back