What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap of CU-Cal

I would agree with this. We do tend to jump on when we're on a roll. Football will be different this year IMO for both schools. Basketball is a different beast and it changes weekly which is why I appreciate so many threads here. I would have bet you good money 3 weeks ago that we were NIT bound and you were a 6 or 7 seed lock. Things change and I have enjoyed all my CU experiences-this board included. I did my best to stay out of this BS because I understand that all fan bases are delusional. I like to keep my smack talk to before the game. I think it's most entertaining when the outcome is unknown. Afterwards, everyone knows who won and how. It looses appeal. The next game is all that matters. I believe we're both in agreement on this and I respect your posts on these topics.

Corrected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Flukes: The sampling of bearinsider posters on that link (is it statistically significant? I hope not) reveals a group--for all their crowing about academic rankings--that is a little thick. Why do you even post over there? You can concentrate your efforts over here, if you like, and still be a Cal fan.

Bearinsiders posters (and TDBuff): It was obvious to nearly everyone over here that a fanbase representing a school in a distant academic ranking poking fun of the academic insecurities of a much more highly ranked school was the joke. That you failed to see the joke and instead chose to get ruffled (at least many of you) is telling. In fact, we've been going to the "academically inferior to Stanford" well for about three years now with consistent results. Maybe it wasn't funny because it really isn't a joke--it looks like you guys have got the envies real bad.

Also, did you really listen to what a husker has to say about our fanbase? Awesome. Want to know what we think about theirs? Will you lend our opinions the same credence, or does it not suit your world view?

Our National Championship (now a distant memory, though not relatively speaking to yours) in football may be controversial in your mind(s). However, we did play the toughest schedule in the nation that year, squaring off with the SEC Champion, The Pac 10 Champion, The Big 10 Champion and the SWC Champion.

Finally, one member of this site that is not joking about anything is that misnomer CVilleBuff. He'll actually kill your family members and piss on their corpses. There's nothing I can do to protect you from him.

remember that time Cal made the tourney and then pissed down their legs during the play in game? good times.

Bearinsiders posters (and TDBuff): It was obvious to nearly everyone over here that a fanbase representing a school in a distant academic ranking poking fun of the academic insecurities of a much more highly ranked school was the joke. That you failed to see the joke and instead chose to get ruffled (at least many of you) is telling. In fact, we've been going to the "academically inferior to Stanford" well for about three years now with consistent results. Maybe it wasn't funny because it really isn't a joke--it looks like you guys have got the envies real bad.

Sweet troll bro.

Apologies to anyone who clicked this misfortunate thread expecting to see 5 pages of CU-Cal game discussion, but instead saw the sensitive self-discovery of a few Cal fans. But congrats to them on defending their arena and fan bases honor on an opposing message board. That wins them the 2013 Sensy award, given to the most sensitive fan base in the P12. The award grants free admission into a Sarah McLachlan concert of their choosing.

You can neg rep Tini if you lose. He's calling it not me. I'm worried. The Audi could use 4 new treads and I need a new dishwasher. That's in addition to the cost of the Vegas trip. Calculate those expenses and you'll figure out where I'm at..how's that for faith in a rival? So yeah, you have at least one Cal fan on your side. Just win.
Hey...how'd I get dragged into this?

Anyway, the Cal student section seems to think they're better than CUnit

I went back and checked that thread on Bearinsider. A tip of the hat and a Moscow Mule to those who seem to get the broader context of the Allbuffs remarks. But to those 2/3rds who missed it....wow.

1. Keep in mind, this obsessive posturing surrounding academic rankings was primarily ignited by the suggestion that Cal is insecure about their academic ranking.

2. They all kind of come off like the grumpy old guy who wants to cut you off in the grocery line. Odd.

3. Based on really positive interactions with Cal fans over here (coupled with their extraordinary academic ranking), I expected a lot more from their chat site. Then I remembered how dooshy they were prior to ****ting the bed against Texas in the Holiday Bowl. Similar to the husker fanbase "REDemption :01" crowd in my observation.

Flukes: The sampling of bearinsider posters on that link (is it statistically significant? I hope not) reveals a group--for all their crowing about academic rankings--that is a little thick. Why do you even post over there? You can concentrate your efforts over here, if you like, and still be a Cal fan.

Also, did you really listen to what a husker has to say about our fanbase? Awesome. Want to know what we think about theirs? Will you lend our opinions the same credence, or does it not suit your world view?

Our National Championship (now a distant memory, though not relatively speaking to yours) in football may be controversial in your mind(s). However, we did play the toughest schedule in the nation that year, squaring off with the SEC Champion, The Pac 10 Champion, The Big 10 Champion and the SWC Champion.

Finally, one member of this site that is not joking about anything is that misnomer CVilleBuff. He'll actually kill your family members and piss on their corpses. There's nothing I can do to protect you from him.

I make Syko look like a nun. You don't even want to know what I did to the two bears that came on to my upper back deck and attacked the bird feeder last summer :lol:

One of my main reasons for lacking respect for Cal comes from BearInsider or whatever it's called. They don't allow visiting fans to register, you have to get a special exception and "know somebody". Yet, they then enjoy going to other boards, bantering, and then reporting back to BearInsider how they "owned" said opposing fans. How Baylor can you get? Sure, I can join and take my Thermidorian Reaction to BearInsider. However, I'm a people's man. If there isn't going to be freedom for all Buffaloes to post on a board, then I want no part.

:lol:

Last edited:
Hey Flukes...

Since I can't post on the Bearinsider circle-jerk where controlling the message is the primary consideration, can you tell me when Cal was dominant, and at what? It's a serious question. I feel I should know the answer, but it's not coming to me.

[video=youtube;HzSUo8iPp4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzSUo8iPp4M[/video]
You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means. We Hate Nebraska. Always will. Until we take our last breath here on Earth, we will hate nebraska. We don't hate Cal. In fact, I honestly don't think anybody in the PAC really knows what all encompassing hate looks like except for us. Maybe the yoots.

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means. We Hate Nebraska. Always will. Until we take our last breath here on Earth, we will hate nebraska. We don't hate Cal. In fact, I honestly don't think anybody in the PAC really knows what all encompassing hate looks like except for us. Maybe the yoots.

The hate between the SF Giants and Dodgers is pretty real. And the Raiders and pretty much everybody. For Christ's sake, people get stabbed and ****. So even if it doesn't permeate the PAC 12 proper, it certainly lives right next door.

There is only one school whose fans are permanently banned from sackygate. That school is not named "Cal". It's not even named "CSU".

There is only one school whose fans are permanently banned from sackygate. That school is not named "Cal". It's not even named "CSU".

Is it those mealy-mouth, self-righteous lying pricks from Baylor?

How very kind of you. Do you offer 401K and a vision plan? Would I get my choice between HMO and PPO dental and medical? How many sick days are offered? I'm hung over a lot...

Hey Flukes...

Since I can't post on the Bearinsider circle-jerk where controlling the message is the primary consideration, can you tell me when Cal was dominant, and at what? It's a serious question. I feel I should know the answer, but it's not coming to me.

Basketball from 1920 to 1960
Football from 1920-1950
Rugby 1980 - Present
Free Speech Champions 1964-1965
Bongo Drumming Champions 1970 - Present

Other Awards:
Spelling Bee Champions
Participation Award
Tenderfoot- Second Class

Have at it. You are becoming somewhat obsessed with this nonsense Orr...

Football from 1920-1950
Rugby 1980 - Present

Other Awards:
Spelling Bee Champions
Participation Award
Tenderfoot- Second Class

Nonsense? This is the reason chat sites were invented!

Football from 1920-1950
Rugby 1980 - Present

Other Awards:
Spelling Bee Champions
Participation Award
Tenderfoot- Second Class

A shame BearInsider continuously goes 0-12 in that category in the present day. The BaylorFans board of the Pac

As i walked into Haas I was talking to two older (70's) Cal fans. I wished them good luck and all of a sudden it dawned on these two geniuses that the guy with the black CU jacket and black CU hat was a CU fan. The old lady then says to me and the GF "I didn't know you were a Colorado fan. I'm not wishing you good luck." Nice. Cal fans are lame at best.

Talked to a scout for the Bulls after the game, he didn't think Andre would get drafted before the mid second round b/c "he has no offensive game what so ever. Plus he shoots 55% from the line." Rebounding and defense meant nothing to him. He liked Spencer and XJ the best of all our players. Said Crabbe is a top 10 pick.

As i walked into Haas I was talking to two older (70's) Cal fans. I wished them good luck and all of a sudden it dawned on these two geniuses that the guy with the black CU jacket and black CU hat was a CU fan. The old lady then says to me and the GF "I didn't know you were a Colorado fan. I'm not wishing you good luck." Nice. Cal fans are lame at best.

Talked to a scout for the Bulls after the game, he didn't think Andre would get drafted before the mid second round b/c "he has no offensive game what so ever. Plus he shoots 55% from the line." Rebounding and defense meant nothing to him. He liked Spencer and XJ the best of all our players. Said Crabbe is a top 10 pick.
If that's the worst thing that happened to you while visiting a rivals court, you're pretty lucky.

Doubt Crabbe is a top 10 pick. He has a lot of holes in his game.

I like you Buffs. You're a witty lot generally. I've lurked here occasionally and thought I'd pop in and say hey. I've laughed really hard at some of your good natured posts on Bear Insider. liverflukes is a friend and he speaks well of you and this site.

Carry on....

Hmmn. Ok.

:popcorn:

You realize that the conversation over there has devolved into comparing the number of Nobel Prize winners at CU and UCSB, right? Not once in this thread has a CU fan claimed that our school is a highly ranked academic institution. In fact, often on Allbuffs you see us poking fun at our own academic reputation.

So really, many bearinsiders are so academic-status-conscious that they're really just speculating on our credentials to even discuss their reputation relative to LSJU.

I know that these are your people, and that I'm risking our e-friendship here, but you can see how this might be fantastic from my perspective, I'm sure.

Last edited:
You realize that the conversation over there has devolved into comparing the number of Nobel Prize winners at CU and UCSB, right? Not once in this thread has a CU fan claimed that our school is a highly ranked academic institution. In fact, often on Allbuffs you see us poking fun at our own academic reputation.So really, many bearinsiders are so academic-status-conscious that they're really just speculating on our credentials to even discuss their reputation relative to LSJU.

I know that these are your people, and that I'm risking our e-friendship here, but you can see how this might be fantastic from my perspective, I'm sure.

Of course.

This was my favorite part though. Reason: Grammar: Can't be careful enough!

Last edited:
If that's the worst thing that happened to you while visiting a rivals court, you're pretty lucky.

I like you Buffs. You're a witty lot generally. I've lurked here occasionally and thought I'd pop in and say hey. I've laughed really hard at some of your good natured posts on Bear Insider. liverflukes is a friend and he speaks well of you and this site.

Carry on....

What up homie?

Carry on....

Not the worst by a long shot. CU was in the B-8/12 remember? Just surprised by vitriol from an old lady.

Not the worst by a long shot. CU was in the B-8/12 remember? Just surprised by vitriol from an old lady.
Maybe her meds hadn't kicked in? Or maybe she's just a loyal Old Blue? They're known to be cranky. No national championships in FB and BB in 50+ years will do that to you.

This outreach program to Cal is progressing nicely.

That "safety school" barb was a throw away line. Who knew it would generate such a gnashing of teeth that would ultimately send a few thin skinned and indignant braniacs into an orgy of US News and World Report rankings?

Why that camp has been hereto silent about the "Stanford smart" part of that same "safety school" sentance really speaks volumes.

I personally thought the Stephen "Bluto" Hawkings comment would draw more fire. At this point in the sheepskin nerd fest, that assessment is looking more and more dead balls on.

To borrow from Stewart Smalley, "Hey Cal, you ARE good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, CU fans like you."

Those who make passionate arguments that they really are intelligent by the transitive properties of [sometimes academically suspect] college rankings can really come off as dullards.

Give me a clever comedian from a safety school over some savant with Rainman-like people skills all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back