What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Moderator Change

Update. I just actually LOOKED at the forum mod list. I am listed for basketball. I am so uninformed on basketball recruiting that I didn't even know we had such a forum.

Someone else is going to have to step into those shoes. I would be absolutely clueless.
Valdez is one of a kind --- I'm dime a dozen, once in a while football fan.

I did go to a CU basketball game once. To put this in perspective, I went with my father and we saw Danny Manning play for the Jawhawks. I couldn't name a CU player on that team. It's been a while...

Update. I just actually LOOKED at the forum mod list. I am listed for basketball. I am so uninformed on basketball recruiting that I didn't even know we had such a forum.

Someone else is going to have to step into those shoes. I would be absolutely clueless.

I did go to a CU basketball game once. To put this in perspective, I went with my father and we saw Danny Manning play for the Jawhawks. I couldn't name a CU player on that team. It's been a while...
I think that Allbuffs arranges a press pass for the basketball games, unlimited access to Jeff B, and an expense account of $10K per month to allow you to travel to see recruits at their high school games. You will get up to speed quickly. :thumbsup:

Fixed. You're a CU Football Recruiting Forum Mod, and no longer Basketball.

you better have failed us for the last time, alferd. future let downs will not be taken as lightly as this. you have been warned.

take care! :smile:

you better have failed us for the last time, alferd. future let downs will not be taken as lightly as this. you have been warned.

take care! :smile:

If it means being replaced as a moderator with someone actually competent and informed, I would agree with the decision.

Basketball is a lot easier to keep up on than football. Recruiting classes are small, so not a lot of guys. As I've done a couple profiles, the difficult part is actually finding information once you learn of CU interest or an offer. The recruiting services don't do nearly as good or complete of a job on basketball prospects.

Anyway, I'd love volunteers. Short of that, everyone should feel free to fire me or the other recruiting Mods a PM if there's a prospect we should profile (football or basketball).

Thanks Valdez for all of the great work.

Nik and Alferd, I've got nothing but confidence in you guys. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Thanks Valdez for all of the great work.

Nik and Alferd, I've got nothing but confidence in you guys, plus as a military guy, I know better than to volunteer for anything; that job is why God made suckers. Good luck.:thumbsup:

We know what you meant.:smile2:

I'm looking at my schedule and really not sure how I can contribute much in coming days, weeks and months. I don't mind popping in and sharing some bit of trivia I found wandering the other boards, Rivals, Scout, etc. but I just don't get the feeling I'm mod material.

ValdezJ had a passion for this, and more imporantly, he had knowledge. Or maybe passion is more important, who knows. Knowledge, passion and a knack for making it all make sense.

I hope there is a time he comes back and resumes his excellent recruiting coverage. In the meantime, Buffnik, I'll do what I can, but my time is very limited. Plus my knowledge is limited and my interest is nowhere on the level of passionate about recruiting.

Mostly I just like going to games. When we win. I may not be up to "mod-dom" at this point in my fan forum career. The pressure is already getting to me and it's only been a week.

So if anyone feels they'd like to contribute and help Buffnik out, trust me: no hard feelings from my corner. If we can send ValdezJ a six pack ... no a 12-pack, and convince him to return, I will definitely contribute to the cause.

Edited comment added:

Thanks for giving it a go, Alferd.

Anyone with a passion for recruiting and would like to be considered for Moderator (CU Football Recruiting and/or CU Basketball + CU Basketball Recruiting), please send me a Private Message.

- Buffnik

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem AJ -

This shouldn't be considered a job, and I'd hope that anyone who wants to contribute realizes that. Contribute what you want!

I'm wearing powder blue until Alferd gets off his ass and starts contributing more.

I'm wearing powder blue until Alferd gets off his ass and starts contributing more.

lt565.jpg

Back