What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Pipelines for CU

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
As we all know, the Buff bread is buttered in California, Colorado and Texas. The coaching staff is making its primary commitments to building relationships and pipelines within these states.

There's also a 2nd tier for recruiting led by Arizona, Hawaii, Louisiana and Washington where we have also made a commitment to building relationships.

Something that has developed, though, which is paying big dividends is the program focusing on two east coast schools that consistently put out D1 talent: HD Woodson in Washington DC and Don Bosco Prep in New Jersey.

As I've said before, I'm a big fan of this focused recruiting strategy. Focus on certain states, especially within the Pac-12 footprint, and then choose some power programs in areas where we can have some success due to relationships and large CU alumni bases. In addition to Woodson and Bosco, I'd like to see us make an effort to develop relationships with the Simeon program in Chicago and the Bishop Gorman program in Las Vegas as other examples.

Recruiting is so simple:

1. find places that develop talent that wants to come to CU.
2. Develop relationships with those places.
3. Profit!!

I think you could justify making Arizona a priority on the same level of CO, CA, and TX.

I was disappointed we didn't make more of an effort at Bishop Gorman this cycle.

That, and we need to get the Cherry Creek pipleine flowing again.:nod:

During the mac years, Texas, cali,louisiana and michigan were big. Good to see us getting back into texas again.

I was disappointed we didn't make more of an effort at Bishop Gorman this cycle.

That, and we need to get the Cherry Creek pipleine flowing again.:nod:

Dave Logan didn't end up there accidently.:what:

Back