What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Possibilities

I think Coach Mac will take about 22 guys this cycle. Some guys may be grey shirted. I heard Bennion may be going on mission for a year.

I think Coach Mac will take about 22 guys this cycle. Some guys may be grey shirted. I heard Bennion may be going on mission for a year.
Bennion has always been going on a 2 yr LDS mission so he won't count towards our number.

But Mac is probably counting that already.
We are likely looking at more greyshirts.

Bennion has always been going on a 2 yr LDS mission so he won't count towards our number.

But Mac is probably counting that already.
We are likely looking at more greyshirts.
I hope more greyshirts b/c we have a lot of guys still on the board that we could use that appear to have some interest and we don't have enough slots. Some of our commits could use some more time in the gym before joining anyway!

I hope more greyshirts b/c we have a lot of guys still on the board that we could use that appear to have some interest and we don't have enough slots. Some of our commits could use some more time in the gym before joining anyway!

The board of realistic targets is actually pretty small right now. I doubt the coaches want to go overboard with the grayshirts either.

I don't pretend to know their board. 4 guys are in Boulder tripping today that I never heard of....

I'm not sure what the board looks like exactly, but we know they can't take everyone who has officially visited. Seems they may be using some officials to get clear measurements on some players (which is good).

I'm not sure what the board looks like exactly, but we know they can't take everyone who has officially visited. Seems they may be using some officials to get clear measurements on some players (which is good).
That makes me wonder - does a staff have visitors perform in any way (strength, agility, mental) to ensure their abilities, or is it more courtship on a visit?

They can't time them or have them work out. No football drills. They can horse around, preferably not in a Jerry Sandusky kind of way.

That makes me wonder - does a staff have visitors perform in any way (strength, agility, mental) to ensure their abilities, or is it more courtship on a visit?

They can't time them or have them work out. No football drills. They can horse around, preferably not in a Jerry Sandusky kind of way.

A really nice thing about basketball OVs is that the guys on the team will often enjoy a game of pickup basketball with recruits as they're hanging out. There's really nothing like that on a football visit.

They can and do measure football visitors, though. Height/weight. I don't know if CU does wingspan and hands.

At this point I wonder if some of the kids they are working with are kids who they are looking at as PWOs or as kids who back-ups in case our current commits get raided by other schools at the last minute.

As much as we would like it to be a better class there are a number of kids who I don't want to lose out of the class now. If it does happenit would make sense to have some kids in mind who have the potential to contribute in their places instead of doing a mad scramble.

I get a sense that the mad scramble is exactly how we ended up with some of the kids we have signed in recent past years.

You're not bringing in multiple OOS kids for official visits to look at them as PWOs. A few? Maybe. Several? Not likely. These are players the staff is likely conditionally offering and going from there.

There should be about 2 or 3 scholarships available.

Stallings
Fields
and a QB transfer

Last edited:
There should be about 2 or 3 scholarships available.

Stallings
Fields
and a QB transfer

Kendal Thompson from OU is transferring out---graduate style. Doubt the likeliness that he comes where there is a starting qb named, but he is mobile.

How many more scholarships do we have left for this cycle?
Shay and possibly a spot for Ballage if we flip him or Sutton? Anyone else we are going after late?

Back