What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Prospects – 2012

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

*March 18th

Georgia quarterback going the way of Demetrius Sumler?

Logan Gray*was *a four-star quarterback prospect in 2007, considered to be the No. 10 dual-threat quarterback in the nation. Gray was in a three-way battle for the starting job last spring, ultimately losing the starting job to Aaron Murray. Gray ultimately moved out to wide receiver, playing in all 13 of Georgia’s games, collecting nine receptions for 105 yards and a touchdown.

Relevance?

Gray will graduate in May, and still have a year of eligibility remaining. Gray announced last month that he would be leaving Georgia after graduating, and would be pursuing a master’s program closer to his home in Columbia, Missouri. “I plan on playing my last year of football while pursuing my master’s degree at another school,” said Gray in a released statement. Gray’s preference would be “close to home, where my family can attend all of my games.”

With the hometown Missouri Tigers set a quarterback with senior-to-be Blaine Gabbert, Gray is expanding his search, and, if a tweet from a reporter for the Columbia Daily Tribune is to be given credence, Gray will be “visiting Colorado soon.”

A good fit? Gray is a dual-threat quarterback, and the Buffs are*developing a*west coast, with a greater emphasis on the power running game. Still, since Gray is graduating, and is eligible to transfer without having to sit out a year (like CU running back Demetrius Sumler did last year),*he would be a “no risk” recruit. If he pans out this fall, fantastic; if not, his scholarship would still be available to the CU coaching staff in February.

We’ll see …

(thanks to CU at the Gamer Mike G for tipping me off to this story!)

March 17th

Five-star wide receiver to check out Colorado spring game

It’s often hard to keep track of official visits prospects take to a given school (remember all of the unconfirmed*”sightings” of players on the Boulder campus this past January?).

It’s next to impossible to know for sure about “unofficial” visits – visits players make on their own time, and on their own dime.

Still, there is a great deal of buzz about the number of players who will be in Boulder for the Spring game on April 9th. One name which will likely receive a great deal of ink over the next few weeks*is that of Stefon Diggs. Already afforded five-star status by Rivals (only one of 12*players*in the nation so far), the Olney, Maryland, prospect may wind up as the No. 1 wide receiver prospect in the country.

And he’s coming to visit Boulder.

Before you get tooooo excited, please note that Diggs has received scholarship offers from over 30 schools, including Alabama, Cal, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, and USC. He is making the rounds this spring, and Boulder is just one of his stops. “I have been out to see New Mexico and Maryland this year so far, Diggs told BuffStampede.com. “And my sophomore year I went to check out Alabama and Miami. This upcoming spring break, I am going to visit Michigan, Florida State, Florida, Colorado, and New Mexico again.”

The Buffs do at least one small “in” with Diggs – 2011 recruit Sherrard Harrington. “Sherrard is a friend of the family. He has told me about Colorado’s program,” said Diggs. “I actually talked to their head coach (Jon Embree), and he seems like a really nice guy, like a real man of his word. So I am excited to take a visit there to see what it is all about.”

Don’t look for any monster announcements on April 9th from Diggs, who plans on waiting until at least the All-American Bowl next January to name his choice of school, and may wait until signing day next February. “I have an open mind because this upcoming season, things might change as far as which programs have a bright future,” said Diggs. “Playing time is going to be a key in my decision, because I want to get on the field as soon as possible.”

While the Buffs’ chances at Diggs may be a longshot (Colorado hasn’t really had a presence in the mid-Atlantic states in terms of recruiting – the Buffs haven’t signed a player from Maryland since 1996), you do have to like that Colorado is even in the mix for such a top prospect.

Perhaps a raucous crowd on a beautiful spring evening at Folsom Field will work some recruiting magic …

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to view the article.

Back