What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting visitors this weekend

We have a good program in a beautiful location in a power conference. Dan will find quality young men to mold. Say what you will, the guy is a tireless worker and quality human being.

Right, but what about molding a football program to have a winning season? Our program is not good. Hasn't been since he arrived.

Adam from rivals is saying no commits from this weekend's visitors. That is disappointing.

Give it some time. Quite a few kids want to get home, talk it over with their family, and then decide. It's not the end of the world if they don't commit on the visit itself.

As you know (but to summarize):

No word on Dunn yet. I'll wait until we hear from him before I get excited one way or the other. If we end up pulling a 4* WR, I'll call this weekend a success.

Benson is a CU or UA decision. He'll visit Arizona, compare, and we'll know. That was the plan all along. I really want to land him, though.

Langford is a CU or MSU decision. He'll visit Michigan State, dito, dito, dito.

Other than that, it was the 4 teammates (Powell, Muema, Golden, Smith). I'm not certain that those offers were committable at this stage.

Dunn is a wildcard. I actually would not be surprised if we swing him. It is worth noting he could play on either side of the ball.

I really like Benson, just do not feel good with an in-state school getting the last visit. Ditto with Langford.

The four teammates is an odd situation. Not sure what to make of them.

We have a good program in a beautiful location in a power conference. Dan will find quality young men to mold. Say what you will, the guy is a tireless worker and quality human being.

this might be shocking, but many kids don't really give a damn about mountains, snow and the "scenic look".

this recruiting class is a joke right now.. And stop with the be patient crap. Bottom line: This coaching staff CANNOT RECRUIT. This class is beyond alarming for any realist out there..

this might be shocking, but many kids don't really give a damn about mountains, snow and the "scenic look".

this recruiting class is a joke right now.. And stop with the be patient crap. Bottom line: This coaching staff CANNOT RECRUIT. This class is beyond alarming for any realist out there..
:wow: I would not say it is a joke but low on numbers yes. We do have the 12th rated dual threat QB and what appears to be one of the best pocket passers in the country committed at this point. We also have a top DB in there #35 Jered Bell and DE #36 Uzo-Diribe. Calm down we will have a decent not great class. We were 3-9 not 9-3.

relax and give them time...they just need to work on the little things....a tweak here and a tweak there and...they will get it turned around....

:wow: I would not say it is a joke but low on numbers yes. We do have the 12th rated dual threat QB and what appears to be one of the best pocket passers in the country committed at this point. We also have a top DB in there #35 Jered Bell and DE #36 Uzo-Diribe. Calm down we will have a decent not great class. We were 3-9 not 9-3.

Well Legeaux is not a lock to sign with us and while everyone loves Hirschman (seems to happen with QBs every recruiting season), calling him one of the best pocket passers in the country is a bit of a stretch.

This class is not even decent right now. Maybe a handful of difference makers and that is it.

Well Legeaux is not a lock to sign with us and while everyone loves Hirschman (seems to happen with QBs every recruiting season), calling him one of the best pocket passers in the country is a bit of a stretch.

This class is not even decent right now. Maybe a handful of difference makers and that is it.
That is why I said at this point in reference to Legeaux and said appears to be with Hirshman.:thumbsup:

That might even be stretching it.. :huh:

I think there about 4-5 really good athletes in the group. I doubt anyone in this group is ready to be an impact contributor right away, but I do see some potential with some guys in this group.

I think there about 4-5 really good athletes in the group. I doubt anyone in this group is ready to be an impact contributor right away, but I do see some potential with some guys in this group.

Agreed. There is the potential for the class to really become a solid one, but right now, it's a depth class.

I don't think anyone can be surprised about the recruiting class, because CU is not in a great situation right now. We lost one of our top assistants, our head coach is a lame duck (unless he wins a lot next year), our field product is not that great, etc. Sure there are selling points, but it's hard to fight the negative right now.

I do disagree with the assertion that the staff is incompetent in recruiting. I actually think Hawk is an excellent recruiter, and so are some of his assistants. Whatever his shortcomings may be in terms of the field and hiring staff, he is a solid recruiter. This is shown by the classes he's already reeled in. People can say that we're not talented, but I disagree. I think our team does have talent - just not the proper coaching and game planning. His recruiting abilities though are nullified by CU's situation though.

This is a frustrating recruiting year, but nothing's going to change. Let's celebrate the kids that want to join the Buffs, knowing we're not going to get any 5-stars this year. Set the expectation bar low this cycle - Hawk isn't going to win a lot of battles.

Good players want to play for a winner, Hawkins is a loser. End of story.

Positive thinking will turn this thing around!

... I wonder how many players on CU's roster are guys who were recruited as scholarship players? Are there even 50?

Back